1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 8/4/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Game starts at 8:00pm...

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

first

looking forward to a feast banquet of an opponent w/ bbq chicken at all 5 starting positions

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Expecting a tough/close one here

4. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I will take an easy win over Portland! Despite of Melo's 30 point explosion.

hakeem94, D-rock and Killatron 2000 like this.
  5. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Boring win with lots of layups. Go Rockets!

BamBam, D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Just win baby, wooooo!!!

D-rock, Killatron 2000 and juanm34 like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Won against one of the most potent offenses, in Dallas.

Won against one of the best defenses, in Milwaukee.

There's nothing this team can't do. JUST. WIN.

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I know there's no reason really to hate on Lillard but man for some reason I just can't stand the guy. Maybe cuz the trash talking with Westbrook idk.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

down 3pts w/ 4sec left and zero timeouts remaining last nite, the brilliant lollard passes to nurkic for a layup. i couldn't stop laughing :D

hakeem94 and htownrox1 like this.
  10. 9baller

9baller Member

11. macan

macan Member

melo revenge game

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

boring victory

D-rock and Killatron 2000 like this.
  13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

At least we always know what our gameplan is going to be. They have some big centers (Nurk and Whiteside). We're going to draw them away from the rim and into the corner with our shooters. Russ is going to attack in transition. Harden will take stepback threes. Rinse and repeat and hopefully we win.

14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Melo scores 40 and Rockets win by 20

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Portland will be hungry to win this one. They're heading towards a do or die position so we'll have to play our butts off. Another great test. Go Rox!!!

#15 don grahamleone, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dame is a fine player, very loyal to his team like James, bit of a baby...

Ain't gonna be no more layups! Not as long as I'm around. [LOL]

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/aint-gonna-be-no-more-layups.289211/

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...th-curb-your-enthusiasm-theme-credits.289231/

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/lillard-has-a-pet-peeve-with-cp3.289133/

So going to Houston, it seemed like you guys are starting to get a little rivalry going. Chris Paul goes and scores a layup. They had the game won. You have some words with him. So my thing is this: I get it, but how much ownership should be on the losing team to play defense until the buzzer ends?

DL: ...And so, I mean, going back to Houston, if that woulda happened -- like, if he woulda just been playing the game out, then whatever. But it was two people back. Me and [Shabazz Napier] sprinted back. So it wouldn't be like we just stopping.

C.J. was chasing him down the court. He sprinted to go get the layup. So it was like, he's been in the league a long time. So I was just like, "Man, what type of play is that? What's that about?" And he was like, "Y'all ain't playing defense." So I was like, "All right." And I tried to hit the ball outta his hand. And I didn't like it. It was that simple. I didn't like it.

CM: We've been on both sides. 'Cause when I was a younger player, I didn't care. I don't care if you don't like it. If I want to dunk it, I'm gonna dunk it. 'Cause it's a game and that's just how I'm built, how I'm wired. But as you get older, I mean, it's some things you should do, some things you shouldn't do. But I think just put it like this. Ain't gonna be no more layups. Not if I'm around.

DL: We're gonna play to zeroes on the clock. I mean a strong contest at the rim.

CM: I'm just gonna play till zero. It's on both ends.

[​IMG]

He's in that select category of players who can do-no-wrong, media loves them no matter what (no matter how little success he has)...
    (Hi Chris Haynes...Chris is Dame's/CJ's/Blazers' go-to reporter...)

Like he cries about being disrespected, not making the all-star teams or all-NBA teams a few years back and the media rewards him the next year...

Obviously .9 (is anyone really still upset or mad about that? Feels like only Blazers twitter/reddit still replays that 4-5-6 years later because they've had little to no success so they cling to that)

Waving bye to the Thunder (Ha, kinda funny...obviously Russ wasn't even on the Rockets so I don't care, not upset)

[​IMG]

#16 J.R., Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    RCPM, RayRay10, Hakeemtheking and 3 others like this.
  17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Fixed that for ya ;)

hieuytran, D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  18. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

[​IMG]GO ROCKETS!!![​IMG]

D-rock, don grahamleone and BamBam like this.
  19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Portland scares me. They got some really good shooters and two big centers. And you know Melo will be fired up for this one. Could be a blowout loss for us.

BasketMAD likes this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Portland has more to lose in this game than us. They are going to pull out every dirty trick in the book.

amaru, Hakeemtheking, D-rock and 2 others like this.