1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 8/2/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 1, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

House is better to start than Gordon because he's longer and he plays with more energy basically. Gordon is trying to get his shots up while House is just out there to do whatever they tell him to do and it just meshes better with the starting lineup.

EGO's role has always been off the bench, I don't know why MDA wants to change that so bad and I think he's good off the bench running with Westbrook since he'll get his shots up and hopefully...makes them.

Issue with EGO this year is his shooting has been very very ice cold at times and then you wonder why he's out there if he's not going to make Wide The F Open shots.

2. amaru

amaru Member

Good point. We could counter and say having a healthy Gordon to defend Middleton and space the floor changes the game.

Hakeemtheking, vlaurelio and mikol13 like this.
  3. j@amc

j@amc Member

One of the advanced stats that's pretty interesting for this game is uncontested shots. Houston generated 73 uncontested looks, Milwaukee 56. Had Houston converted more than 38.4% of these, they could have made life much easier. As Harden said, "We missed a lot of shots."

But I think the Rockets can be happy with their defense. Though there's still plenty to tighten up, holding the Bucks to 2-10 from the 3 point line in the fourth quarter is huge.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think it's because of Westbrook's inability to shoot the 3. Surrounding Westbrook with as many shooters as possible, gives Westbrook the entire paint to run. Players are more scared of a wide-open Gordon than a wide-open House.

If CP3 was still here instead of Russell, I don't think he'd mind Gordon coming off the bench. But that's just me.

D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  5. psaman17

psaman17 Member

We literally see this happen almost every game so i dont know why guys on this board act so outraged when Giannis runs into people.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I do get that lately especially this year Harden has been called for some suspect offensive fouls. I think if it wasn’t for Harden getting called for it people wouldn’t care. I don’t think either should be an offensive foul. Just need some consistency .

Rocket River, cmoak1982 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Most of the offensive fouls that Harden get nowadays is from the chicken wing push off. Its a point of emphasis this year and i do feel like they single out Harden more than anybody in the league for that. Its frustrating for sure.

Remlap, ak99999 and RayRay10 like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree that it does make sense on paper but watching it...it just doesn't feel right. You have too many people that need shots and ball handlers out on the floor.

Not that Gordon is a creator but he does need to see the ball to get going and I think he'd be more of a good running mate for Russ since Russ is super unselfish...

Plus, it's a role Ego knows well and seemingly takes pride in. I know he takes pride in being one of the best 6th men in the NBA and I'd just rather seem him fill that role.

HakeemOnlyFan, D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

D-rock likes this.
  10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

When you get in his way and draw a legitimate charge more likely it goes his way. He is bull dozing defenses at will with a higher center of gravity. Harden has got to be craftier with his Euro-step and can't bump at all.

D-rock likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i juts wanted you not to miss the food for thoughts in the quoted comment

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Remember when we won last night against the bucks even though they were up 8 with 3 minutes to go?

That was awesome.

[​IMG]

HakeemOnlyFan, BMoney, Remlap and 5 others like this.
  13. rockets13champs

D-rock likes this.
  14. YallMean

YallMean Member

If we win most of the remaining seeding games, I don't see how he would come back to take House's starting role in the lineup. Coach does not change what is working. That's his rule #1.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the bubble boys!

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i pity anyone who isnt reading gamethreads and wastes his time carefully watching the actual game

Remlap and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why not both?

Multi tasking is good.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes, doing both is what i was actually referring to, cause @ThatBoyNick never reads gamethreads because hes too busy imbibing every single detail of the game

D-rock likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and undefeated

Williamson and D-rock like this.