1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben McLemore is awesome.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jul 31, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or if RoCo not so absolutely glacial from 3.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I love Ben Mac, despite his defensive flaws. Best 3-point shooter on this team who can get buckets for us. Having said that, he absolutely needs to pay more attention to whoever he's guarding cause he's making them into all stars. Trey Burke had 31 points on only 29 minutes, making 8 out of 10 3s. That's just ridiculous.

Watching film today, I'm pretty sure the the coaches are going to roast him for that pathetic defensive effort. Our team had a defensive rating of 162 with Ben Mac. Atrocious.

MDA doesn't have too many options with Gordon out. Carroll can play defensive, but my blind neighboor might score him in a shoe game. The Prince is still trying to get in game shape.

4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Ben Mac has to become a better defender but other then that he’s been having an amazing season. I have more confidence in his shot then EGs.

D-rock and ak99999 like this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's Harden who has to make an example of Mclemore in the locker room, especially now that Harden is playing defense too. Hope he brings the hammer down hard. He was upset with McLemore on one play where he just let his guy walk past, and it pissed me off that McLemore smiled about it.

Jontro, don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  6. anchel

anchel Member

(...)

We would be a better team without him. And with Carroll.

7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i really wish we could have seen him and gerald green out there at the same time.

Jontro, don grahamleone and banzai like this.
  8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yep, EG has been played out. He’s probably got 6th man syndrome. He’s only really good off the bench. Some players know what they’re good at and stick with it. Jamal Crawford, Lou Will, Eric Gordon

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

The Green Light and Big Mac bench tandem?!? Holy scrap those guys will get you 7-8 3’s off the bench quick. It only takes Gerald Green 2 seconds and that ball is in the air. He’s like... I got 8 mins to get as many open looks at three as I can.

10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

My favorite play (not): PJ takes a perfect charge. Next Mavs possession, Ben is in exactly the same position in the defensive rotation, and instead of emulating PJ, he jumps like an idiot and fouls the guy.

There’s a reason this guy was so available, despite his great shooting.

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

That’s misleading and not fair. You could probably say the same about most of the roster through 3 quarters and remember Bmac fouled out early.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

As good as BMac was on offense, he was worse on defense.

That is fact.

And this is coming from a BMac fan. I advocated signing him for years.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Michael Jordan needed his John Paxson and BJ Armstrong too. Everyone plays their role on the way to the promised land.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

@D-rock. I want to ask you when do you think will Luc or Bruno be ready? The former can give us defense, the latter can space the floor with 3 pointers. Our rebounding remains
    our Achilles Heal, because of our lack of height. Tyson is too old for that role.

PS: Carroll might be our best bet when we need more boards in limited minutes. I hope he will get healthy soon. I do think he will be rusty initially, but if he gets fit quickly, he can help a bit.
    @ApacheWarrior @BigShasta @D-rock

#36 saleem, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    BigShasta likes this.
  17. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Luc has covid? I also want to see his performance. Currently, we have two top performance players, we need some 3 point shooter with good defence especially in 3,4 and 5 position to save the match.

saleem likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

BMac defense improved vs. Bucks.

ak99999 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member