1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you or are you going to Stop Watching Sports because of Kneeling?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Jul 31, 2020.

?

Are you going to stop watching pro sports because of kneeling?

1. Yes I am.

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. No.

50 vote(s)
    92.6%
  1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Similar. Was never annoyed with the players or the kneeling, was annoyed it was a talking point I had to listen to ad nauseum. It was easy to avoid in games though, just skip pregame and the first few minutes of the game.

I can hear all the pops in Deckard's jazzercise routine from Houston!

Ziggy, RayRay10, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

There are risks for everyone involved in these protests. Twitter will love them, but most of those people don't make the leagues money. I actually thought they did, SMH.

If there is a loss in revenue due to lower ratings, the leagues could use that loss to justify lower salary caps, impose stronger salary caps, eliminate guaranteed contracts, etc. They're probably going to tear up agreements due to the Rona regardless, but lower than expected ratings won't help the players' cause.

Also, do their platforms look weak if the things they keep talking about never happen? What happens if the cops involved in Breonna Taylor's shooting are never prosecuted? It makes their platforms look no stronger than ours and either like trolls or ill-informed.

ROXRAN and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, my knees can only take it for under a minute, unless I have a memory foam pad under them. I have several. ;-)

arkoe and RayRay10 like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac should be proud!

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well damn. Let’s keep it up, guys!

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Could not care less. If a player chose to sit in a restroom stall and take a **** during the national anthem, my only concern would be if he had enough time to do a thorough wipe before tipoff.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.