1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Mr. Brightside likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

saitou likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Barchart is excellent resource, can also quickly look at top volume moved on options.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This one was so obvious I was just waiting for someone to put everything together for easy reading.

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

FB and AMZN earnings looking pretty good after-hours (at least initially)

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

GOOGL reporting their first revenue decline ever, kind of flat after hours.

AAPL approves a 4:1 stock split (!) and earnings look good so far (top and bottom beat).

7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Sucks. If fb can do well there's no excuse; gonna reduce, not a good sign.

whag00 likes this.
  8. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Yeah not good...glad I didn’t buy more. I still have it in my long-term account but I may reduce or exit as well.

saitou likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Glad i managed to sell during the call before the drop today. The $28bn share buyback program is another red flag imo, kind of sad that with so many high potential business units they can't find ways to spend that money more meaningfully and grow organically (like Amazon).

10. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Yup...YouTube should be doing better, waymo is stuck in mud, antitrust issues will be around for awhile regardless of who is in office. I still think Pichai can unlock value if given time... and its a decent play on cloud and AI. I’ll probably keep some shares laying around but I’m done following this company on a daily basis. Better to use my time elsewhere.

saitou likes this.
  11. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Any companies you guys looking to short or at puts on ?

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

saitou, tinman and Sajan like this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I keep thinking AMD might pullback a bit more but I haven't looked at the premiums lately. I don't see it falling crazy amount but I do feel the huge jumps might cause more of correction where you would just move the contracts.

I think Intel will at least have a semi bounce, but it's been interesting to see this. AMD might finally be getting respect. And if they can figure out how to capitalize on their next gpu reveals it could still be a nice call setup after the correction (if it happens)

Dream Sequence likes this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

My BA synthetic puts / shorts (sold when stock was ~ 172) are working

[​IMG]

#11034 adoo, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Dream Sequence and CCity Zero like this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I've been watching Nokia, day started okay on news from earnings (not as exciting as I hoped). But hoping next few weeks has more movement. It might be one to finally watch for contracts. Hoping it catches a break and moves like $ERIC did, but it's pretty boring unfortunately.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. adoo

adoo Member

18. adoo

adoo Member

two more short candidates:

this double top
    [​IMG]

this descending triangle---lower highs and higer low---goin into 5 Aug ERS
    [​IMG]

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

MSFT is a good long-term play even if they don't get TikTok. That being said, I bought a little more today in case they do.

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Trying to short AMD is super risky imo, jumps could also lead to new breakout haha. I've already laid out the long term bull case in previous posts; in short term they have an especially large coinciding of cyclical product launches in 2H, and we will keep getting leaks of latest benchmarks/rumors as partners/oems get their hands on them for early testing, and news of product adoption by big companies, keeping sentiment high. A lower likelihood but even larger impact catalyst may be the collab with Samsung to provide GPU IP for their phone SOC. We've already seen promising early benchmarks, and even Forbes has reported that we may see this in 2021 on Samsung S21 - if we get more concrete news on this, there's potential for big re-rate as it opens up a new market, the licensing of GPU IP to other phone chip companies like Samsung and Mediatek.

There could be more bad news coming from Intel too - latest scuttlebutt is that yields aside, on chip graphics on latest laptop cpu are surprisingly good, but 10nm Xeon (the real cash cow) performance is mediocre.

Still buliish and looking to add more AMD, sold a Sep $80 strike put for $8 premium yesterday, will be happy if it stays ITM and I get to pick up more underlying.

CCity Zero likes this.