1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Donald Trump suggests DELAYING the election over claim it will be 'fraudulent'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Andre0087, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So how fraudulent was it?

JumpMan and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Most of what @NewRoxFan posts in D&D is information. Information that many of us might have missed if he hadn't. I'm a self-described news junkie of decades standing (I still have several of my Time magazines from the 1960's - they are fascinating!), and some of what he posts I would have missed. I'm grateful that he goes to the trouble. He must not be the 2 or 3 finger keyboard wizard that I am, because it does require a certain amount of effort and diligence on his part.

Of course, trump's corruption, his inexplicable obsession with Vladimir Putin, the number of times a day that he lies, which is stunning - all that, and more, deserves to be posted about in D&D. Many of trump's supporters admit that he lies all the time, yet are so in awe of the fellow that they support him anyway. It's quite strange. Anyway, far be it from me to say that he hates trump. I'm guessing that it's more along the lines of what I feel. An intense dislike, caused by the catastrophic damage trump does to our republic literally every day.

Patience, arkoe, deb4rockets and 7 others like this.
  5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

OK think for me, WTF do you think would happen with paper mail in ballots that can be vetted, reviewed and recounted as necessary? I don't have a clue how the process works right now.. for the Armed Forces, The Foreign Service, American's Abroad, and The First Family. I guess you start with Social Security Numbers. If you get more than one vote per number, you check it out.

I just don't see how there could be a significant fraud number and it is way more secure than government on-line data transfers, that would moreso if the Executive Branch wanted the system hackable.

RayRay10, Deckard, IBTL and 2 others like this.
  6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Trump's had 3.5 years to "fix" the elections the way he thinks they should be. He failed.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Votes were bought in major cities and if you believe the comments of some of the soldiers at the time, they were told who to vote for by commanding officers.... then there was the fact half the country didn’t vote... it was a very chaotic time.

There are other controversial Presidential elections around that time as well... a lot of questions about voter turnout and there were not election protections like today.

Some believe Kennedy committed voter fraud to be President... and as I said LBJ committed overt fraud to get his senate seat.

I cannot prove it, but I expect Trump to try and commit some degree of voter fraud as well.

RayRay10, jiggyfly, malakas and 5 others like this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hundreds of millions of mail in ballots. Yep.

#129 CometsWin, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Sounds like the GOP's slogan...Delay, defraud, distract.

Patience, RayRay10, CometsWin and 2 others like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is why I can't get behind Trump refusing to leave is a great threat, he can't get everybody on board to back him up.

I'm sorry I think even his enablers know this is too far and they know he has given them everything he can and its all diminishing returns now.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

There are a total of 245m voting age adults, and under 160m registered voters (as of 2016). But yea, sure, "hundreds of millions" of mailed out voting applications.

Patience, RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

it’s a good sign that someone that is a trump supporter spoke up forcefully, but it is one person out of many many people that has the opportunity to speak up. AFAIK there has not been anyone in congress from the republican side or his admin that spoke up or acted forcefully against this. At the same time, there has been recents remark from Bill Barr and the sec of state that wouldn’t clearly state that they would stand up against trump if he decided not to leave. In fact their statements lead one to believe that they can and may use their power to support trump.

beyond the above, trump has a very strong follower base and if he decided to not respectfully and peacefully transfer power, we could see a huge mess of a nation further divided, possible with mass protests and counter protests with violence, even once he is removed legally or forcefully

RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can we move the election up (or sooner in time for those who don't know what time the new meeting was supposed to be)? There is no reason 45 should be allowed to continue to live in the White House.

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Let’s just have him be President for life - case closed... what are the peasants gonna do besides eat cake and riot ? Or maybe segregate @Andre0087

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Mcconnell has also spoken out as well as others, we will see a huge mess regardless I just don't see most career politicians following him off a cliff for Trump most of them don't have any real loyalty to him and by the way, this has not gone over well with a lot of his voters, it seems they want to say he was joking as if that makes it better.

It also only takes about 5 republicans not going along to make everything moot.

I really don't think when **** gets real everybody is gonna stand up for Trump.

It's not in there long range or medium range interest.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

He should reclaim his time

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Mail in voting won't help Democrats who can barely get their voters to the polls. If Democrats could turnout every year they would never lose

20. dookiester

dookiester Member

trump is like if a guy playing pickup basketball spends all game talking about how he's the best there ever was, but he's actually kind of slow and uncoordinated, doesn't have a shot or handle, and can't really pass, rebound or play defense. then when his team starts losing he accuses everyone on the other team of cheating, and blames his teammates for not carrying him. given his base's desire for toughness and winning, it's astounding there's any enthusiasm for him at all given the level of victim complex whining coming from this loser.

RayRay10, jiggyfly, subtomic and 3 others like this.