1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Questions for EG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooty, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Anyone have any interesting questions for Gordon?

Might be able to answer them for you.

Patience and OmegaSupreme like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Will he be wearing a message on back of his jersey?

Sooty likes this.
  3. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Sure.

Why would he divulge any information to you?

HP3 likes this.
  4. Sooty

Haha, on a Zoom chat with him right now it’s Q&A.

John Lucas is here too!

Nook and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who does he prefer playing with - Russ or CP3?

And who is the toughest player he has defended?

And which superstar is easiest to defend?

HP3 likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Let’s just say that you have met Bobby Knight. That being said what are your honest opinions of the man because you couldn’t go into my grandmas house if you didn’t recognize him

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

What's the fun meter at?

apollo33, OmegaSupreme and J.R. like this.
  8. Sooty

What’s the bubble at atmosphere like -

EG: TC huge arena, bubble stadium is super different. Some kind of entertainment, virtually in background. NBA has done a really good job.

JL: the bubble is a mentally tough deal, we have to be team oriented and bring our own energy and trust each other. It’s a different atmosphere. With our mental health and we trust each other we can get to a championship.

Patience and D-rock like this.
  9. Sooty

How will you match up vs Lakers?

EG: we need to play a really good game and fast paced with small ball and play to our strength. They want to slow the game and have great rim protectors.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Sooty

Due to covid what did you do in terms of training? Did you have access to a court?

EG: first two months no court. Did a lot of o it door work running, training and body weighted stuff on your own. It was unique and good. I was coming off a knee injury and it was great to get back into shape. After two months I did have access to the court.

HP3, Nook and D-rock like this.
  11. Sooty

What extra stuff have you done in Florida? No magic chicken wings I hope.

JL: laughs. They’ve done a great job, tested every morning. We have the bubble, inside. Training table meals are great. It will play with you mentally - your in. Room all day, practice and back to room. You don’t get to see a lot in Florida. I think, you will see some of the best basketball in a long time, is all the focus is there.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Sooty

What do you do in your spare time to what have you done, EG?

EG: catching up tv shows, watching The Wire. Training and concentrating on basketball. 8 games to see where you can go and then back to the playoffs.

13. Sooty

Was there pressure on your in the NBA draft?

JL: I was the first PG picked first overall. Lots of pressure. Got to see some great players. Then coached with the Spurs, 76ers and Cavs. First year went to finals which was great. Hope we can go back and win it all this year! Would like a ring before it’s all over.

14. Sooty

Do you miss Clint Capela?

I really miss him, good guy. He was young and a great rim protector and great for us.

How is CP3 as a teammate?

EG: chris Paul is good. He is what you see, great communicator, he’s a talker and big time facilities. Overall he means well and plays well, he brings lots of contribution to the game outside of the game

Whos your most annoying teammate?

JL: we dont have and annoying players, lots of vets. Then a lot of young guys who talk a lot, they just talk like House and McLemore... probably the most annoying player are... we don’t have any.

D-rock, BigShasta and HP3 like this.
  15. Sooty

Biggest threat in east and west?

JL: biggest in the East is Milwaukee cos of their length and Giannis. I wouldn’t be surprised, Toronto is well coached. Third choice 6ers. Out west, if we can steal a win from the clippers and play them in the conference finals then we have a shot, they can go small with us and score like us. They’re also a vet team and worry about them. An outside wildcard is OKC, they beat us in the series this year but we probably won’t play them.

EG: I say Milwaukee too, they’re a tough team. Boston maybe could slide in there but they’re young. In the west, probably the clippers have an edge right now but I take our chances super well when we play well.

Patience and D-rock like this.
  16. Sooty

Ben Simmons, is it an inability to convert a three point shot or confidence thing? Why’s he not taking the three?

EG: confidence thing, he’s not taking a lot. But his best attribute is his pass and defence. He can really move his feet and comped to any player.

17. Sooty

Are the chicken wings that good at Magic City?

EG: Aye, see Lou will is from there, it’s like a monumental thing out there.

D-rock likes this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

Eric Gordon Does he take more pride in offense or defense? Which come more natural to him? Would he be happier out scoring or shutting down his opponent?

Coach Lucas, do you have any interest in a head coaching job again? What makes the Rockets successful in you option?

D-rock likes this.
  19. Sooty

What are your award winners?

EG:

MVP - a guy with team best record should be the MVP. Giannis.
    Most improved - Montrez or Dennis Schroder.

JL- coach of the year is maybe Memphis coach, Brandon Ingram maybe most improved, he’s an all star. MVP - we have a guy who could’ve won it the past 2-3 years, but agree with Eric, Giannis should win as the team with the best record.

20. Sooty

Best pump up song before a game?

EG: I go by artist, I like drake, Rick Ross and Houston’s own guy!