1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] How starting Eric Gordon at SF fits in Rockets' plan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 26, 2020.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

2. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

2 weeks from today will be Aug. 12.
    Our last three seeding games are on:
    Aug 11th against Spurs
    Aug. 12th against Pacers
    Aug. 14th against 76ers.
    So, hopefully he can get some run in against theses teams before the playoffs.

D-rock and lionaire like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

welp, its pretty much about prepping for the playoffs for EG and being able to integrated himself pretty quickly

I didn't see him being able to play any of the 8 games before playoffs. It's pretty much wishful thinking for him to make it back anytime before that. he'd come back too early and still wouldn't be "100%" for the playoffs but that also sucks bc when is he ever "healthy" o_O

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is the very definition of a lost season for EG.

lionaire likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yule C.

J Sizzle likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm a fan and generally defend EGO here. but if he ends up sitting out 2 weeks for a grade 1 ankle sprain at this point of the season, his career, and his teammates' careers... weak AF

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, condensed season and postseason.

Maybe the 6th MOTY was his pinnacle.

pippendagimp likes this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Now get to work MDA

10. gogispade

gogispade Member

F*** this injury prone

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

As long as rivers stays healthy we should be OK . I have hope that house , maclemore , Luc , frazier , roco , carroll , and maybe clemons can fill the 3 and D archetype which gordon is extremely good at when at his best. Gordon does bring some extra limited playmaking ability ( in comparison to harden and WB .. and rivers can fill in for him there) . I'm very encouraged by how we look in the scrimmages , granted I have no doubt we will go into a shooting slump at some point , but we have to hope that the previously mentioned stable of players can come through , someone is bound to be hot: can the defense be good enough?

The worst case for us to run into is not related to gordon . Its a harden shooting slump lol . but even then we have a backup plan in WB and transition game which with : house, maclemore, roco , and james/pj is bound to be monstrous .

I think gordon's injury hurts a bit because i think Gordon probably has the most familiarity with james and PJ and his defense agaisnt guards and even bigger players can be extremely disruptive and tight . The hidden element is likely communication and experince. But , at the end of the day we are a math based team ( jk, kinda ) and if we are hot we will likely be in good shape ( at the very least you hang around ) , and if we are not we are gonna have to bank on our defense which is ... an exciting prospect, exciting as in terrifying. I could see us generating lots of TO's.

If when Gordon can come back , i hope we keep him in a more limited role , look he just signed an extension and objectively his production hasnt been up to par , so he can stfu and be a team player ( not saying he wont ) . Off the bench , see if hes hot. Get a bike by the sideline to get him warmed up. 15-20 mpg max out the gate . Dont consider more until a week or two in. Unless its just night and day and hes amazing and everyone else sucks .. in which case start him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

house is getting the 1st crack then

#92 YOLO, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not a fan, Mavs are too long.

House is better versus smaller teams like Celts IMO.

14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I'd really like to see what Luc has in the tank.

D-rock likes this.
  15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

No matter who is in they are longer. House has more a lot more sizes than EGo so it's a plus IMO. Mavs are a tough matchup either way.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Mike D says he's not ready to play yet, and when he is probably won't get in unless it's a blowout.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

So would I but he will not be ready by Friday.

Covid-19 hit Luc hard and he is unlikely to be in game shape yet.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Green, Demarre, Bruno and Luc are longer than House.

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

3 of those 4 arent good enough players to start in the NBA......we could start green but im fine with having some firepower off the bench. house has been key player for us. he plays hard and plays within himself and i feel like he is very motivated to perform well after not getting minutes in the playoffs last year and mike D comments he is not as good as the other 5.

also i think green doesnt really want the pressure of being a starter. he is comfortable against backups and taking what the defense gives him.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

So is House.

He is best vs. backups.

But you cant teach length. And finishing. And shot blocking. And ...