1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New yankee sign stealing info?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Htown Legend, Jun 13, 2020.

1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Better quality video...

2. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Aaaaaaand watch this get no traction whatsoever. :(

Hope I'm wrong, obviously.

3. marks0223

Supporting Member

4. msn

msn Member

But I guess until Drellich talks to a former Yankees pitcher (fat chance), no one's going to give a rip?

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. msn

msn Member

"a league source with knowledge of this video".

Hypocrites already know about it.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This will be no news, even though this is possibly more direct and damning than anything they had on the Astros.

I'll just leave this here. From Aaron Judge...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4798777002

The Houston Astros cheated the game, deserve all of the hatred and vitriol coming their way, and Judge says he can never look at any of those players the same again.

He believes they should be punished. They should vacate the 2017 World Series title. And he believes they have been cheating every year since at least 2017, twice ending the Yankees' season in the playoffs.

The game needs to move on, Judge says, but never, ever, should anyone forget how the Astros wrecked the integrity of the game – and never adequately apologized.

“When I heard that, I was just sick to my stomach,’’ Judge said. “Once it came out, I was pretty mad. I was pretty upset to know that we were probably cheated out of a possibility of making it to the World Series."

Said Judge: “It didn’t only affect us as the Yankees. It affected the fans of the game. Other guys who lost their jobs because of it. Guys who went to Houston and got beat up and never made it back to the big leagues. You really can’t tolerate that. Guys who are going there and playing fair and square, and get beat up a little bit, now they’re out of a job because of it, that ain’t right.’’

The Astros insist they would have won the 2017 World Series without cheating, believing the sign-stealing had little impact during the postseason, but Judge will never believe it.

“It affected the whole season,’’ he said. “They cheated in ’17 and ’18. That affected a lot of games, no matter what anyone says. …They can say we didn’t score enough runs [in the 2017 ALCS]. We didn’t do this and that. It affected the game big time. …

------

Hope we go tit for tat with beanball this year. The Yankees better get the same penalties as us. Too bad they didn't win anything from it.

7. marks0223

Supporting Member

A Bay Area reporter letting A's fans know there may have been sign stealing in their 2018 Wild Card game.

8. msn

msn Member

A dude named Judge is a hypocrite? How very appropriate.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Pretty amazing to read even a Barstool article on this saying they needed more evidence and more sources before publishing the Yankees video when everyone ran wild with the Astros wearing buzzers story based on some anonymous tweet. To this day, when ESPN runs Astros cheating stories they include Altuve jogging home on his 2019 ALCS-winning homerun in their b-roll though the league says they found no evidence.

10. marks0223

Supporting Member

Yankees quietly under investigation??

#410 marks0223, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    raining threes, msn and RayRay10 like this.
  11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Manfred: "In light of this new video evidence involving the New York Yankees, we have decided that the Houston Astros have been stripped of 2 more first round draft picks, and Dusty Baker has been suspended indefinitely."

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They will be quietly slapped on the wrist as well. $50k fine. Forfeiture of camera and 2 hdmi cables.

13. msn

msn Member

This is awful--

but a vindictive part of me wants it to come down ugly on the Yankees. Just so ppl can post Judge's sanctimonious tirade alongside the video proof of him cheating. It would be sad and delicious at the same time.

I'm not proud of that, but it's there.

14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

There is nothing to be ashamed of at all in this post.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

The Yankees could get the same exact punishment as the Stros and people would still say, "This was minor compared to what Houston did. MLB hates the Yankees."

RayRay10, msn and htwnbandit like this.
  16. Handles

Handles Member

Appears to be from the A's wild card game, much thanks to that hawk-eyed fan. Pretty much shuts down the idea that this was from regular season and already dismissed by MLB office. Of course, with the private investigation they apparently have going on, we all know nothing will come of this unless stronger evidence comes to light.

raining threes and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Senator

Senator Member

This isn't something I'm willing to joke about and laugh at while the Yankees are punished with a fine and a supportive PR about inconclusive evidence because Steinbrenner owns everyone. I want to be obnoxious, angry and in your face about it to everyone and anyone related to baseball until the Yankees issue an apology.

And let's be honest, we'll see this if you look closely at the Red Sox.

We'll see it with the Dodgers.

We'll see it with each and every team that remotely cared about winning the WS.

And then what? No one will get punished like the Astros and lose an elite GM and coach.

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yep. Been telling anyone and everyone that knows baseball about this today. With the caveat, but the Astros are cheaters.....no, they all are. My story hasn't changed. Some guys will have to alter theirs though.

raining threes and RayRay10 like this.
  20. marks0223

Supporting Member

Jomboy addresses it...

everyday eddie, msn and RayRay10 like this.