1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does Kendrick Perkins pretend like he is cool with James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenVolumeOne, Jul 22, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

I see right through this Lebron media plant, back when harden was averaging 39 ppg in november/december. He would routinely trash or downplay harden on getup and first take. Saying he thinks the rockets are westbrooks team. Since James got burnt out in January and westbrook had a midseason revival he has done a complete reversal on his stance to try and defend Harden. I personally dont believe he is defending harden, he is more or less trying to play chess with the fans. Its funny people trash his take for him saying harden is better than curry. But Curry might be the only player kendrick perkins and klutch sports hate more than James. LeBron and rich paul are quarterbacking this whole thing. Its no secret that LeBron gets his buddies hired at ESPN like Richard Jefferson, Brian Windhorst, and the aforementioned Perkins. I havent been watching much tv lately. But because of my ocd, i do search james hardens name on twitter and youtube pretty much every day to see what content has uploaded or written about my favorite nba player

Am i paranoid or can anyone else see through this whole act by ESPN and the media. LeBron and TNT probably told Giannis not to pick Harden during the all-star selection, thats why Harden doesnt really mess with those TNT guys and the media too much after they tried to assasinate his career in 2016 by naming him shaqtin a fool and not making all-nba. They wanna vote for Lebron MVP and the media talking heads are mad at the potential voters crying saying that what LeBron is doing at 35 is historic lol. LeBron is playing with Anthony Davis, Harden had nobody like that last year on his team, and LeBron might get closer to winning MVP than Harden got last year. Can somebody tell me, Is LeBron even having a better season than Harden this year or am i tripping

Sorry for the long rant at the end

Here is the real Kendrick Perkins and his thoughts about harden

JumpMan likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It is obvious that many of Kendrick Perkins's takes are motivated by his relationships and admirations and need for attention. His main squeeze being LeBron, but he's also cool with Westbrook so Harden is a target of his. Since he's Russell's teammate and friend, he probably won't go too hard against him like he did against Kyrie Irving.

He went way too far against him criticizing his intelligence as if he's a Rhodes Scholar or something. He did that because Irving's opinion on the NBA restart, motivated by his relationship with Stephen Jackson, went against LeBron's.

Lately, he's been pushing so hard and irrationally for LeBron to win MVP that he can't hide his disdain for Max Kellerman when he argues against his takes. Kellerman is lucky that they aren't doing a studio show cause Perkins looks like he would snap his neck.

napalm06, amaru and BigShasta like this.
  4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Kellerman is at least intelligent. When Perkins vomits his word salads, it’s nice to see someone throw it in the garbage like Kellerman does.

JumpMan likes this.
  5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Aye, aye, Max, aye, Max, you need to put some respect on LeBron's name. He's in his 17th season, Max. The man is 35, Max. I'm 35 and could barely get out of bed, Max. Check his Kimbo Slice gray beard, Max. Still putting up numbers.

He and Shannon Sharpe are competing against each other for LeBron's heart.

stilldr34amin' and ParaSolid like this.
  6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I don’t know but Perkins is from Nederland / Beaumont and I remember him as a youngin’ playing at the Fonde Center in the summer. So if he wants to stan for Harden now then I’m down for it. January he wanted MDA fired! Haha. I think he’s a low key Rockets fan...bad takes and all.

Nelly, D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

Because it’s all for entertainment bro. The analysts on these type of shows always take controversial positions to keep the audience engage. As the conversation shifts, their positions shift.

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Why does Kendrick Perkins pretend like he is cool with James Harden?

Idk maybe because they played together for a few years

9. HardenVolumeOne

also kyrie and lebron have beef. Perkins is basically Lebrons mouthpiece

JumpMan likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

No they don’t. People overreact way too much to a lot of things when it comes to competitiveness. The “beef” in today’s nba is absolutely minimal

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Perkins is just doing what he can to make sure he stays relevant...Perkins is going with the “I keep it real” schtick...it’s what we see from a lot of these former players like Stephen Jackson for example

He’s got KD to respond to him how many times already? Twice? If he continues to bring drama that ESPN can center entire segments around, his voice will only continue to grow which is a damn shame.

D-rock likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is highly sentimental.

Cried on camera when KD called him a sellout, narrating the time when his fam took Durant in.

He calls them out and then goes back to being their brother.

JumpMan likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

He is now a basketball commentator, his job is to create controversial topics, the more eye-catching the better, the hotter the better. Because in this way, he can keep the ratings and attention and make money.

15. TimDuncanDonaut

My read on Perk is that he is pro Lebrawn and very pro Brodie. Anti Durantilla, especially after the twitter beef.

He's been pro and anti on Harden. More on the anti side. I think some of the shots he takes on Harden is unnecessary.

(side rant)
    Reminds lot of shade being thrown at Middleton recently, in the whole Giannis v Lebron MVP debate. Yes AD is a better 2nd best player, but in saying Giannis is good, lot of the TV people diminishes the rest of the Bucks team. When reporters ask bucks/lakers coach about MVP race, both head coaches advocates their star, which is fine, but for once, I like to see coaches defend the rest of team, who gets drag through the mud, because the TV heads want to prove that their MVP guy is the best. (end rant)

Back to Perk, good chunk of the things he says, I think he believes. But nature of the job is even if you don't feel strongly about something, it develops into something strong. Since all panelists have to take a position, they argue like a debate team. In doing so... day in and day out... an opinion becomes a narrative (dirty word). If someone say it enough, he starts to believe it.

#15 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

This guy is going to make people hate Harden more.

His argument was even dumber than Kellerman's. There is a clear argument here, Max is comparing Harden to the most clutch player in the NBA. In and of itself, that's an admission that he's not not-clutch. The winning point of course is that Kawhi Leonard (Raptors or Spurs) would never even be in a position to make a clutch shot against Durant's Warriors, never mind binging them to their knees the way Harden did. Finally, Harden does not have to be elite clutch for the Rockets to win a title, that's a mythical narrative.

Think about Harden's last few years. No one even landed a punch on the Warriors. Everyone packed their bags and went home, Kawhi was nursing his ego and his minutes, Lebron was nowhere to be found. And speaking of Lebron, the media seems to have forgotten that "it's on now" Lebron couldn't take the Lakers to the playoffs last season with a roster that Harden would easily lead into the 2nd round. Is this Lakers team better than the Warriors we lost to? Is this Lebron better than the opportrunity to alternate between Steph Curry and Kevin Durant with Draymond leading the team in assists?

Both these two morons need to put some respect on Harden's name. I can't wait to play the Lakers. James Harden has been better than Lebron James for a few years now. Russell Westbrook might magically produce his most efficient playoffs ever, and he tends to elevate his game in the playoffs anyway. I don't think Anthony Davis can survive guarding the perimeter every other play ever other night against skinny Harden and Russell Westbrook surrounded by 3pt shooters minus Avery Bradley and Rajon Rondo. AD will be exhausted by Game 5, if there is one.

JumpMan, tmoney1101, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Doesn't every single human in this world have disdain for Kellerman? I mean the only redeeming thing about him is that he's a dick and says whatever is on his mind and only dicks like seeing other dicks do that unapologetically. He's on tv because he reminds us of us when we're at our worst.

D-rock likes this.
  18. blackistan

blackistan Member

Kp is the most annoying person to listen to on first take

19. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

At least he gives him credit

20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

They got Perkins working ESPN to keep his country Ashe out of handcuffs because dAt knee-gA crAzy.

Maybe Perkins is ESPN intern .
    Is dAt why hArden scored less than ten points in all star game.