1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I will note that his first pitch did drift far to the left......... just saying.......

ITS A FLU. JUST THE ****ING CHINESE FLU... okay

malakas, KingCheetah and Ubiquitin like this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I saw a number of studies have started on the quality of life after covid19. The completion date for these studies are about 1 year from today.

The driver of these studies were experience from sars2003 (long term impact) and from the many reports of post viral impacts of covid19.

Personally, I don’t care for downplaying the potential long term impact at this time - we can’t know for many months to years. There wouldn’t be these studies if there wasn’t a need for it.

malakas, Ziggy and Nook like this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The mask reduces the risk of transmission to others. There is no expectation for you to mask or socially distance from people you live with. This is not picking and choosing anything.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess he's complaining about people calling for the Leader to mask up and not spread his spitlets full of stupidity whenever he roams around the public.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Sadly, the breathing issues have continued for my wife about 29 days now after the other symptoms went away. It sucks. And it pisses me off to no end to see someone compare it to a cold or the flu, because of it. It's ignorant bullshit. You can see where the virus attacked her lungs in the x-rays.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From what I'm hearing it's not just the breathing issues. There are issues with GI tract, kidneys and brain..

PhiSlammaJamma, Jontro, Nook and 3 others like this.
  7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

The people comparing it to a flu are ******* fools.

Jontro and malakas like this.
  8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s worse when many people actually mean the cold when they say the flu because they don’t know the difference and assume every sniffle is influenza. I had influenza twice and both times knocked me down hard. And COVID is up to 20 x worse. I am going to hard pass on willingly catching that.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I wish people would stop posting that. I swear I have nightmares... that beat draws me in and the visuals possess me... scary stuff. :D

conquistador#11 and Kim like this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...-reports-long-term-covid-19-patients-n1234814

CDC:

What is added by this report?

In a multistate telephone survey of symptomatic adults who had a positive outpatient test result for SARS-CoV-2 infection, 35% had not returned to their usual state of health when interviewed 2–3 weeks after testing. Among persons aged 18–34 years with no chronic medical conditions, one in five had not returned to their usual state of health.

What are the implications for public health practice?

COVID-19 can result in prolonged illness, even among young adults without underlying chronic medical conditions. Effective public health messaging targeting these groups is warranted.

malakas likes this.
  11. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

C'mon. Even just for optics' sake.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

At the risk of being an idiot and *******...what breathing exercises are you guys doing and are you guys taking any kind of supplements and what is your daily rehab?

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I've known no one (including myself) that has experienced long term issues. Maybe this influences my experience and views, but the worst experience I've heard is my friend who is HIV+ but undetectable and he is fully recovered.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's a banger.

15. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

We know someone that’s had the same issues after having it and they sought this steroid treatment out and it helped them a lot and they’re pretty much back to normal. FWIW

*of note this person also has asthma issues prior to any of this
    https://thetexan.news/west-texas-do...rus-patients-using-inhaled-steroid-treatment/

MadMax likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

So what is your wifes oximeter reading? Below 94%?
    What do the doctors say?
    They expect for the damage to heal on its own after a month?

Sorry for asking personal questions but as someone who may have to face this condition any time soon, I am very interested in any info I can get.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Brogan have you tried DMT therapy? I've heard with with full breakthrough and ego death the Machine Elves will remove the viral ghosts allowing for full and rapid recovery.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

London'sBurning and KingCheetah like this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The few people who actually get mad seeing this and let it be known, out themselves as idiots.

bobrek, Buck Turgidson and tinman like this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Rep Yolo is just trying to distract from cursing out AOC.

TWS1986 likes this.