1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Fantasma Negro

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Once more stop braggin about how one red state is doing better than the nation. Its a team effort and we are doing a sht job at helping americans overcome this.
    Lol our president cant even mandate a nationwide policy and your strat is to have people wear mask? Like im all for reopening if u can get everybody to wear mask, even then covid can still spread. Mask arent ultimate protection, just like how condoms can also fail. Nothing is 100% protection. Also do u think u can get all the little ones 2 do it, hell grown ass adults r btching about it.

Andre0087, RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

5. Fantasma Negro

Nothing is 100%. Cool, stay in your house forever and live off the government. My kids wear masks when we go to the store and they actually like them, I don't but they could care less.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

My point being bro. Is that we have yet to have a nationwide mask mandate, which means that while u and i r wearing it to protect dem/repubs whoever, we will have others who dont give a fk about that since there is no mandate and can undo our efforts by not wearing one. It like a leaky tube, we can patch it up with tape (wearing mask), but if the nation as a whole refuse to have mandatory mask, there will b a leak. And like i said b4 wearing a mask isnt 100% protection. Still waiting for a nationwide mask mandate cause some people r just too selfish 2 wear a mask willingly.

Reopening, risking the covid lottery without mask mandates is dumb as fk tbh.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That's ok if you only want to look at death percentage. Let's ignore the cost, the suffering, the lack of being able to get back to work, the inconvenience, and everything else. I am sure the families of those who have died are thrilled with the low death percentage. I am sure that those who have COVID and their families are thrilled that their chance of dying in the next few weeks is low.

8. Fantasma Negro

I agree

9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol bigottess doesnt care about facts:

-ny more density than tx ( see per capita shenanigans on this too)
    - ny more people than tx
    - 140k dead about to pass stroke as cause of death( let that sink in)
    -ny curve flattened
    - tx spike absolutely shouldnt be happening now. Total fail by abbottabad.
    - repugs slow to mask ..slow to science ( ted cruz, ok governor ..its an endless list)
    -today literally months after ny because of failed leadership hitting record death numbers in tx
    -spikes in fl tx under failed repug governor policies
    -trump slept through february
    -20 milion unemployed
    -america great again? Lol
    -funniest all claims to not vote for trump but trolls for trump? Wtf?

He wont respond with anything worth talking because hes a lightweight clown that i own. You guys can continue playing with him until i return

Oh yeah
    NEXT

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Reopening school is great and all. But not having a legitimate strategy beside everyone fend for themselves without mask mandate is also dumb as fk. Not all schools can afford proper protection, and distance learning. If hospitals are struggling to keep healthcare professionals like myself and others safe from covid, how the hell is underfunded teachers and school suppose to protect themselves?

Nationwide Mask mandates and more funding/more ppe production, more testing b4 reopening. Thats just the tip of what we need to safely reopen

Correct me if im wrong. The current repub strat for reopening school, is to just reopen as any normal year without mask mandates, no extra fundings and let each school figure out their own personal strat? If thats tru, thats bat sht insane.

#2650 DatRocketFan, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Reeko, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 and IBTL like this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Reeko, superfob, deb4rockets and 3 others like this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

140k americand dead in a span of what 4 months? Total shutdown of countries aboard, we have to use trucks for morgue substitution....... idk how people can say that......

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Remember these are people who died with Covid, not necessarily FROM Covid. There's a distinction there.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Remember, the people died drowning in Lake Conroe, not necessarily FROM Lake Conroe. There's a distinction there.

- bigtexxx, of Conroe

@bigtexxx

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I was talking about the trends and you are talking about historical data. The trends aren't looking good. This is not the flu. The flu doesn't kill .5% of the people. It doesn't overload the hospital system.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Hashtags are fun. Here’s one for you: #StopTrolling

19. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

She works there for just over a month, never says anything to management, quits, sues for $5 million.

Reeko, deb4rockets, IBTL and 2 others like this.
  20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Sam's club should counter sue for frivolous lawsuit. Judge should charge her for all legal fees.