1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Introducing a new Rockets blog: film studies on the defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by foggy94, Jul 21, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

DeBeards likes this.
  2. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I don’t get it

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

He is THE village troll on CF.

Constantly spouting racist remarks in addition to his hate on Harden, Russ, Morey and MDA. Finally was banned for short time.

His "no agenda, just facts" comment made me laugh.

DeBeards and foggy94 like this.
  4. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I know him as the guy who spent 12 months replying Farweed to everything without anybody ever engaging with him. What a life

Deckard, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

House has to take the gamble on defense when available.

House can't defer to harden because house needs to up his scoring on a consistent basis and house has to take the pressure off of harden!

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Foggy.. great read. Thank you for putting all that effort into this. You deserve a ton of props and readership on this blog.

I felt like that question you asked to the Twitter-verse was pretty good. After watching 2 dozen times, I concluded that the double team will always make someone look bad if passed out of successfully. That being said, I blamed Thabo a little on that play for his defensive positioning. Seemed ineffective and like he could have played it as a quick pressure followed by attempting to clog the passing lane underneath the basket. I just had a hard time blaming Mac because he was guarding two players. Russ didn't have the angle. I just thought to myself, 'That's just the double-team life, no worries!'.

Such a great read. Congrats but more than that, thank you.

foggy94, Deckard and D-rock like this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I had a short issue the second time I went to your site, but a reload solved it. My internet isn't the best, but everything looks to work great if my bad internet connection works. I doubt it's anything on the wix end. Hopefully that guy got to see all the vids.

foggy94 likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m lucky. My SW Austin neighborhood was wired for Google Fiber over a year ago and my connection is very fast. No problems on my end, OP.

foggy94 likes this.
  9. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Amazing, thanks for the very kind words!

I'm agreed on the double teams, if there's a pass out you're always going to be struggling, although it doesn't help when your weakside defenders are McLemore and Westbrook who just aren't great at rotations. That was kind of my point, that the Rockets will have to send help and double AD more effectively to avoid easy assists, you're right Thabo stuggled there. I did add a little dig at Russ though because he's the easiest to blame when he didn't even watch Kuzma run in for the rebound.

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would like to see an in depth on PJ (and RoCo). Tucker is not just a wall, he is one of the smartest defenders ever.

foggy94 and Deckard like this.
  11. foggy94

foggy94 Member

D-rock likes this.
  12. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Gonna do one on Tuck for sure

D-rock likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The key for the Rockets is to force a lot of turnovers and get open 3 point shots to make up for the horrible interior defense.

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member