1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it doesn't put money in my pocket then it's meaningless and unimportant to me. The Trump way! The Republican way!

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You might as well considering all the present conspiracies is denying this exist and it’s just for the deep state and industrialists to. Get more control. #plandemic

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Texas cities want to send COVID patients to Austin – but is space available?

https://www.statesman.com/news/2020...tients-to-austin-ndash-but-is-space-available

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I have my doubts that football will even resume. Even if it does it's ridiculously irresponsible. I have no doubt most of those young studs with millions in their pockets will not refrain from their partying and socializing Playboy lifestyles when off the field.

#2125 deb4rockets, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Will Trump sway on his push to reopen schools as our numbers rise? I hope our leaders reconsider putting people at risk here. We are setting record highs in cases and hospitalizations and the risk of spreading this virus can't be ignored.

According to TEA, region 4 covers a 7 county area surrounding Houston. This is comprised of 48 public school districts and 39 charter schools in over 1,500 campuses. This region serves 99,000 educators and 1.2 million students. That's just our region, which is only one of many in high rising areas around the state.

I just can't see how this is not going to make matters much worse, regardless of what our President says. It's not only about the low risk students, but all the more at risk teachers, cafeteria workers, maintenance workers, custodians, parents and caretakers of these children.

Here are the Texas Education Agency maps and website link to our region.
    reg-4.gif
    esc.png
    https://www.esc4.net/about/about-region-4

If you want to know more about your region you can Google the TEA region for your area.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

there lies the problem... TTI is still not established and now almost impossible with >50K cases daily

I’m an epidemiologist and a dad. Here’s why I think schools should reopen.

We could be wrong about schools, but we cannot afford to wait to find out for certain. We need school-based Covid-19 symptom screening, testing, contact tracing, and isolation. Opening without a plan to test is irresponsible and a gamble with our children’s health.

Benjamin P. Linas is an associate professor of epidemiology and an infectious disease physician at Boston University School of Medicine.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

RayRay10, No Worries and malakas like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Does it say how many cases in orange county or wherever Disney World is located?

The situation is bordering a black comedy at this point or the theatre of the absurd.
    And meanwhile NBA still sits out there with their head in the sand. Everything is fine.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am not that familiar with Florida, does this answer your question?

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/cor...0200712-y2o2d2s6xbdgbdjag7mdx7g3u4-story.html

RayRay10 and malakas like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Meanwhile in Arizona

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

RayRay10, Reeko and deb4rockets like this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

they drinking shots of pool cleaners

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

looks like protests are bad again. I guess i'm happy about that......

15. NewRoxFan

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Voting them all out of office simply isn't enough punishment for the blood on their hands. They are all conspirators in this complete disregard for human safety starting from the top. They all deserve to be locked away for life.

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Or the land of opportunity for the greedy rich real estate tycoons who will buy up all those foreclosed homes and businesses for investments. Hmmmm, maybe build a few more golf courses or hotels on those large real estate properties they acquire.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Reading this made my head hurt. There is alot of unknowns and it saying that there should be fundamental structures for testing for schools that should be h
    That is where he lost me. There is so many unknowns but opening without a plan is exactly what we are doing. His op ed has the belief in our federal government. I have no idea why after 5 months he has any belief that our government is capable. Our federal government has **** the bed and our governors have used this a political tool which has shown how stupid humans are. Also virtual learning should be the go to when available. Is it ideal. No. But nothing about this is ideal. I had plans to send my daughter to pre k before this. Will not take that chance now with zero plans.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

20. NewRoxFan

My gosh, senator cornyn proves the original point with his snarky response...

RayRay10 likes this.