1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Harden has the rona

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 7, 2020.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

So if he starts to lose his taste buds does that mean he will want more or less A1 steak sauce?

2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

If they are planning on joining soon it means they are waiting for their last negative test after not having fever for x days. That implies they are through the major portion and were most likely asymptomatic.

AroundTheWorld and pippendagimp like this.
  3. edwardc

edwardc Member

There must be a lot of us that are ;)

Easy likes this.
  4. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Couple days for rockets staff means 2 more weeks.. have we not learned anything these last couple decades?

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Rockets championship odds went from +1300 to +1200 since this post, so I am not concerned yet.

There are now ads for 1 gal jug of A1 steak sauce at the bottom of my screen though.

jch1911 and vlaurelio like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Day to day...

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Covid-19 is crazy.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/health/coronavirus-entire-body-effects-columbia/index.html

"Physicians need to think of COVID-19 as a multisystem disease," said Dr. Aakriti Gupta, a cardiology fellow at Columbia who worked on the review, in a statement. "There's a lot of news about clotting but it's also important to understand that a substantial proportion of these patients suffer kidney, heart, and brain damage, and physicians need to treat those conditions along with the respiratory disease."

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Oh, I'm still senseless :)

Thank you!!

It's wild, because among me, my wife and younger son (who all had it) we all had different symptoms. My younger son is 15 and in great shape. He beat it in 48-72 hours...but he says those were the worst headaches he's ever experienced. I had flu like symptoms for 5 days....I was sicker than I had been since 2005 when I had the flu for a week or so. Aches, fever, chills...it sucked. My wife had a mild fever the entire time...not much else. But after her symptoms waned, she started having difficulty breathing...she's still having that. We went to the ER and they did an X-Ray where we could see the damage it had done to her lungs. The hope is that they'll heal, but it's scary to say the least to have anything that dramatically affect your breathing. Essentially they call it COVID pneumonia, and ask you monitor your oxygen levels. Those levels have been good so far, but the pressure on her breathing has made it difficult for her to sleep....and she's getting winded just walking up the stairs. Not ideal.

gotsis, Clutch, KingCheetah and 16 others like this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

I hope your wife gets better soon and has a full recovery!
    So scary that you can have only mild symptoms and silently this disease is damaging your lungs.

Batman Jones, D-rock, jch1911 and 3 others like this.
  11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Thank you. Yeah, while feeling sick, she probably had it the easiest of our family, aside from my older son who was out of town and missed this whole adventure. And yet she's the one with the lingering problems...provided I don't have something still working on me that I'm unaware of.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the best to your wife's health. That's horrible that she is having difficulty breathing. Hopefully she is improving.

MadMax, RocketRed84, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

It really is. There is still so much that we don’t know about it.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Man, thanks for sharing your experience. Wish you and your family well.

This just shows that this virus can hit you in so many different forms. It can be an old school B-52 and it can be a Stealth Bomber.

I had a friend (around 60) who was in the ICU in April. He was the only one survived in that hospital unit.

MadMax, Amiga, RocketRed84 and 3 others like this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That sounds frightening, Max! I missed your earlier post and like everyone else hope the three of you have a full recovery. The issues your wife is having really concerns me. I purchased an oximeter weeks ago and we check our red blood cell levels with it regularly. Just happened to read an article about them and bought one online on an impulse. Took about a month to get it, but when I was giving up on the thing, it was deposited at our door.

The idea with an oximeter, and the two of you know all about this by now, is that COVID-19 creeps up on a lot of people and can impact their lungs gradually without them realizing it. The oximeter giving a poor reading on oxygen levels can give an early warning that more is going on than it seems. I wish more were aware of the danger. The issues your wife is having, hopefully resolved soon, is a cautionary tale more need to be aware of. We’ve been self-isolated for 4 months now, but at least we have a house, a yard, and a Labradoodle. Cabin fever! Take care.

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I too wish Max and family well and like Deck, we got an oximeter early for the same reasons.

MadMax, daywalker02, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's hope there are no lingering effects for Harden and Maxx, I hope your wife heals quickly!

DD

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

proves nothing

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

There it is

GradyMcTracy likes this.
  20. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

I don't know. Just like you don't know. It may not. It also might. There's been stories of people running out of breath walking up stairs. It could effect them, it also might not. Don't put out a certainty cause no one knows what the effects will be.