1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karen of the Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jun 12, 2020.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

road rage is different. they have a deadly weapon

if you did watch the view the mom and daughter was accusing the lady for bumping but the lady never DENIED it

I would give the mother and child the benefit of the doubt why would they make up a story and pick a fight? why would they act like that if nothing happned? if anything the way they act shows there must have been something done to the 15 year old girl to begin with

the armed man and woman running around with guns ready to pull and aim at at anyone acting "irrational" is more suspect of starting something

here's the lawyer for the defendant's not denying the bumping at all

Wuestenberg’s attorney, Terry Johnson, said he doesn’t believe any of this has to do with wanting an apology.

“Why are they coming out with cellphones?” Johnson said. “If you truly wanted an apology and you’re a responsible 15-year-old child you say, ‘Ma’am, did you know you bumped me?”

RayRay10 and peleincubus like this.
  2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe that Shooty Karen probably had no idea she was seriously breaking the law, but ignorance of the law is no excuse and it is totally her fault.

I'm sure she's talked to a lawyer and knows the genuine facts prove she's guilty and her only choice at this point is to obfuscate and lie about events and her mindset to try and beat the rap.

The boldfaced lies are just a tacit admission that the established facts prove her guilt.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I got you and understand. But the way they were acting they were looking for trouble. Which if you look for it with the wrong people it can turn very bad.

At the same time if someone would do something to my son I am capable of losing my temper easier than all other situations. So I understand it. A lesson though thinking about this is when you are in public don’t lose your emotions and deescalate whenever possible.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

the lady who bumped the 14 year old WAS the one who was looking for trouble

this is a lesson for everyone there are armed people looking for trouble instigating then making an excuse "I feel threatened" then advancing or pull out a gun and aim it at unarmed people

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rather rich for the representative of an adult woman who pulled a gun to talk about what a responsible 15-year-old child would say.

#245 Carl Herrera, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  6. vlaurelio

"and you’re a responsible 15-year-old child you say, ‘Ma’am, did you know you pulled out your gun and pointed it at me and my mom while we are unarmed?”

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This incident reminds me of something that happened when I was a kid. My father had an argument with the air conditioning man after a repair he did ended up with a broken fan that required another repair. They got into a heated argument and the guy went back to his pick-up truck and pulled out a hand gun and pointed it at us saying he would blow his effing brains out. I was standing next to my dad and literally looked down the barrel of that gun.

The guy left and my dad didn't report it. The guy came back to apologize and my dad just said he wasn't going to report it and just never come back here. My dad didn't believe getting someone fired was going to do any good in the world. He just let it go.

But it's one of the reasons I have always supported stricter gun control, because even seemingly rational and sane people can lose their temper and do stupid things - and a gun just makes it a lot easier to escalate an argument into a potentially deadly situation. Home defense, fine. But in your glove compartment - how often is a gun in your glove compartment going to save your life versus make you feel more embolden to get into a deadly confrontation?

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dental Karen. Illegal to take her temperature.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how has this incident not been posted in this thread yet? you guys are falling down on the job

and for you rabid die-hard fans of Jonathan Turley (looking at you @Major and at you @jiggyfly ), here's the legal analysis plus a link to the entire four-hour meeting:

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/07/...l-member-is-seen-bouncing-black-child-on-lap/

excerpt:
    Slander or Opinion? Claims Of Racism and Defamation Fly After Education Council Member Is Seen Bouncing Black Child On Lap
    A New York City education council meeting recent attracted national attention after one member of the council (and its past President), Robin Broshi, accused another member, Thomas Wrocklage, of racism after he was seen in a zoom meeting bouncing a black child on his lap. The video below is rather breathtaking but the incident has led to countervailing claims of racism and slander. As if often the case, we tend to jump on any novel torts claims and this is a good example of the tension between opinion and slander, particularly in such overheated (indeed radioactive) moments in public debates. It is unfortunately an increasingly common legal question in today’s rage-filled politics. The video of his meeting has now been shown throughout the world. However, it has some interesting elements as a pedagogical tool for understanding the underlying applicability of tort liability, or lack thereof.
    more at the link; click on the spoiler if you want Turley's conclusion

THE VERDICT

Thus, Wrocklage’s denouncing the slander is likely as rhetorical as the allegation of racism from a legal perspective. That does not excuse any of these attacks, but the recourse for Wrocklage is to engage his critics in the court of public opinion, as he has with a global audience.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The trump 2020 at the end was unexpected...

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

related:

Who knew that Princeton faculty were such Karens?

https://leiterreports.typepad.com/b...-systematic-violation-of-their-colleague.html

excerpt:

("Anti-racism" doesn't, in fact, mean opposition to racism any longer, for those who have not been paying attention. And what is the connection between an abusive cop killing George Floyd in Minneapolis and alleged racism at Princeton? There isn't any, of course.) Some portions of the letter are harmless and predictable--the standard opportunism of the moment to claim resources and positions--but this proposal is chilling:
    This is simply a call to violate the contractual academic freedom rights of faculty at Princeton. Have any signatories, one wonders, even thought about academic freedom and its purpose? Do they realize that the only review of "research and publications" by scholars that is consistent with academic freedom is one based on applicable disciplinary standards? Vetting the moral or political bona fides of scholarship is what universities without academic freedom do.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

TRUMP 2020
    [​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

Here is the vid I referenced. I couldn't find the Telemundo version.
    Like 2pac said, "It wouldn't be LA without the Mexicans"

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wait, there is an Antifa restaurant now?

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. Major

Major Member

I don't even know who Jonathan Turley is.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Antifa is ereywhere, even crappy little restaurants in North Carolina.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

RayRay10 and Ottomaton like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If you don't know the whole story how do you know they were acting irrational?

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  19. vlaurelio

the woman aiming her gun at unarmed mother and daughter was perfectly RATIONAL

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is why I have never wanted to be a gun owner and want stricter gun control.

When I was in college we went to another school to party and after the party one of my boys got into a fight, I was just standing there trying to figure out what was going on and somebody snuck me from the side, I did not fall but was enraged and if I had a gun you better believe I would have been firing shots.

I am a pretty even tempered guy and the thoughts going threw my head scared me, once I calmed down and I knew I would never own a gun.

I did realize I could take a punch, I had a knot on my head for about a week. :D

RayRay10 likes this.