1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im not sure where you are pulling your information from? If its just a subjective take - Ok .. I get it - you're not a fan, but people shouldnt invent reasons why they 'feel' he's not worth the investment. Not only does Deshaun play his best against the best, but he shows up in primetime too, one of the biggest black eyes for this franchise since inception. Add to that the 'clutch gene' and I find it hard to be overly critical of him. Amazing life story, rags to riches and a great human being.

He could stand to be more decisive pre snap sure .. that usually comes with experience. He already reads defenses better than most young QBs. He's only running around for his life because he has to. His short field attention could improve. He's not perfect, but he is definitely a franchise QB, and one could argue "elite".

I agree 100000% - the race card is only played by ignorant people who have a limited ability to debate.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He may never have another torn ACL again, but who knows. 2 in like 4 years makes me wonder. Just a thought. If it was my money I'd go with a QB similar quality with less past injuries before throwing out multimillion dollar contracts, but I'm no rich owner...LOL

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its a warranted thought no doubt.

Cant play scared. Cant get 'paralysis by analysis'.

I could say EVERYONE in the NFL is one play away from being Alex Smith. I do like that Deshaun started sliding more and looking to get out of bounds vs taking those huge shots, and as he matures and becomes a great veteran im sure he will be more mindful of his body. One can only hope.

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

When you want Burrow, Herbert and Tannehill over Watson, you gotta wonder what they have that Watson does not? Watson has proven he can play in this league, 2 of those have not. Watson has proved he is Better than Tannehill, who finally had a GOOD season after struggling in Miami. I only can think of ONE thing that is different.

Fulgore and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  5. showa13

showa13 Member

Tannehill’s ‘good’ season was handing the ball off to Derrick Henry and letting him run people over. The more he threw the ball the worse the Titans were.

6. showa13

showa13 Member

Best joke of the day

awc713 likes this.
  7. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

This is a good post.

When it comes to Watson, many of Raining Three's posts are simply based on the fact that he does not want Watson as the Texans' QB. He has evaluated Watson as not good enough and an average, inconsistent QB. He totally ignores in 37 starts, Watson has thrown 71 TD passes and only 29 INTs. If Garoppolo was playing for the Texans and put up the same numbers, he would be calling Garoppolo a franchise QB.

He had no idea that Watson was 5-0 against playoff defenses and even though you posted that stat, it will not change his mind. He will continue believing and posting that Watson cannot play against top defenses. He bases this assumption on a 6 game stretch where the Texans went 4-2.

His opinion of "Watson has played this way his entire life and can't change" is simply based on his own bias and taking a sentence from an ESPN ranking that had Watson as the 4th best NFL QB. His next complaint will be the Texans should trade Watson because they will never win because of his huge new contract. He would be happier if McCarron or Andy Dalton were starting for the Texans. Go figure.

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/08/texans-deshaun-watson-4-espns-10-qbs/

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. conquistador#11

Does it show how many passes were thrown and completed like that? It feels Deshaun would have more passes with minimal separation since the pre snap deception of this "system" doesn't challenge the opposing defense.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  10. raining threes

I want a young QB that I think can win a championship in today's NFL and I this doesn't have anything to do with Race. For instance, I thought Winston was going to be a franchise QB due to his willingness to stand in the pocket and deliver an accurate ball on time. I was wrong.

Tannehill didn't have anything around him in Miami he was good before he got injured, his first season in Tennessee didn't surprise me after he got with a team with an OL and talent around him Tannehill looked like a franchise QB to me. He throws well from the pocket and only runs when necessary.

#1970 raining threes, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  11. raining threes

51-7 suggests otherwise

And this wasn't only on Watson, this was a total team failure which is why I would have fired BOB/Crennel and traded Watson and started over because I dont think BOB can bring a Lombardi to Kirby and I dont think Watson can either regardless of who the HC is.

12. raining threes

This ain't college anymore.

I would like you to tell me further things I'm thinking since you seem to be quite adept at reading my mind. LMAO

13. showa13

showa13 Member

No point in arguing with someone who can sit there with a straight face and say they think Tannehill looked like a franchise QB while sitting there and handing the ball off to Derrick Henry

tierre_brown and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

In what RELM of existence do you think Tannehill can LEAD a team to a Championship? Remove Derrick Henry and you have Tannehil in Miami. Tannehll cannot lead with his ARM. There is a reason the Titans limited his attempts in the playoffs.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Probably wrong skin tone

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I could say the same about Burrow ( NFL isn't college). Herbert wasn't impressive in college and your infatuation with Tannehill & Dalton over Watson is just baffling. So no my friend I could NEVER read your mind.

17. raining threes

I've never said anything about Dalton.

But since I don't think Watson can win a championship, then yes I want them to move on and draft another QB.

18. raining threes

Just because I think he's avg and will never win a SB has nothing to do with his skin color.

BTW, Mahomes is my favorite player in the NFL right now.

Posts like yours should be removed because they're blatantly racist in nature.

19. showa13

showa13 Member

I’ll give raining threes that his issue isn’t race based at all. I also believe raining threes would’ve given up on Peyton Manning after his first couple years based upon how he judges a QBs potential on a few specific games.

joshuaao, 3Rings and tierre_brown like this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Anybody that says Tannehill and 2 qbs that have never taken a snap in the nfl is ahead of Watson is either a complete idiot or a racist. Pick which one you are.