1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karen of the Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://reason.com/2020/07/02/empow...en-harasses-her-neighbors-and-calls-the-cops/

excerpt:

Even if Hayat had needed a permit, that would just be a sign of how such laws can empower busybodies. As Reason's Damon Root has written, "zoning and proto-zoning ordinances have been used to legally separate, harass, or exclude various unpopular groups, including African Americans, recent immigrants, Muslims, gays, and assorted religious minorities." Examples range from an 1870 California law about air space in housing, which was enforced almost exclusively in San Francisco's crowded Chinatown, to a more recent mobile home ban in New Jersey, which the state Supreme Court concluded was first and foremost a tool to discriminate against black and poor Americans.

That's not the only way these overbearing rules hurt the disadvantaged. When the state of Missouri restricted revenue from traffic tickets, the tiny town of Pagedale turned to code violations and similar municipal infractions instead. Residents were excessively ticketed and fined for trivial matters such as having mismatched blinds or cracks in a driveway. Enforcement was so heavy-handed that 39 percent of the town received citations. Such fines and fees criminalize income status.

With the aid of the Institute for Justice, Pagedale residents filed a class action lawsuit in 2015 to fight the city's attempt to police for profit. Three years later, a federal judge approved a consent decree to weaken the city's power.

To better protect citizens, local governments should take such weapons away from all the Permit Karens out there. As Reason's Mike Riggs wrote in 2018, we need to "scale back the police powers of every arm of the state. Not just the police police, but the health police and the tax police and the zoning police."​

RayRay10, macho GRANDE and jiggyfly like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is Karen's final form

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ken and Karen are back at it.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Finally, some video evidence that doesn't make BLM look bad.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol I am legend... nice reference

8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Damn a Berserker Karen...

arkoe, RayRay10 and dachuda86 like this.
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Karen’s are not just in the states they are all over lol

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Karens do not need to take the popular American, white or even female form. In fact, I suspect Karens do not even need to be human. Let me see if I can find instances of Karens in the animal world on YouTube.

Kim, B-Bob, peleincubus and 1 other person like this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

See? Karens aren't always white.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Xerobull

Amy Cooper Faces Charges After Calling Police on Black Bird Watcher
    Ms. Cooper was captured on video calling the police after Christian Cooper asked her to keep her dog on a leash in Central Park.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Amy Cooper was captured on video reporting Christian Cooper to the police.Credit...Christian Cooper
    By Jan RansomA white woman who called the police and falsely accused a Black man of threatening her life after he asked her to put her dog on a leash in Central Park faces a criminal charge, the Manhattan district attorney said on Monday.

Amy Cooper, the woman in the park encounter — which was recorded on video, touching off intense discussions about false police reports made by white people about Black people — will be charged with filing a false report, a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail.

“Today our office initiated a prosecution of Amy Cooper for falsely reporting an incident in the third degree,” Cyrus R. Vance Jr., the district attorney, said. “We are strongly committed to holding perpetrators of this conduct accountable.”

Subscribe to The Times

Mr. Cooper asked Ms. Cooper, who is not related to him, to leash her dog, he said. When she refused, he said, he tried to lure the dog with treats in hopes of compelling her to restrain her pet.

The encounter turned ugly when Ms. Cooper told Mr. Cooper that she was calling the police and planned to tell them that an African-American man was threatening her life.

Mr. Cooper, who recorded the interaction on his phone, captured what happened next.

“I’m in the Ramble, there is a man, African-American, he has a bicycle helmet and he is recording me and threatening me and my dog,” Ms. Cooper, gripping her dog’s collar tightly, says in a hysterical tone to the 911 operator.

“Thank you,” Mr. Cooper says after she puts her dog’s leash on, just before the video ends.

has long been a prominent birder in the city and is on the board of the New York City Audubon Society.

Shortly after video of the episode went viral, Ms. Cooper, surrendered her dog, Henry, to the cocker spaniel rescue group she had adopted him from two years earlier. She and the dog have since been reunited.

Ms. Cooper, who had been a head of insurance portfolio management at Franklin Templeton, was fired from her job.

She also issued a public apology and tried to explain her response.

“I reacted emotionally and made false assumptions about his intentions when, in fact, I was the one who was acting inappropriately by not having my dog on a leash,” Ms. Cooper said in the statement.

She added that when Mr. Cooper remarked that she would not like what he was “going to do next” and then offered her dog treats, she assumed he was threatening her. Mr. Cooper said the remark was merely meant to signal that he planned to offer the treats.

“I assumed we were being threatened when all he had intended to do was record our encounter on his phone,” Ms. Cooper said.

CometsWin and RayRay10 like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I will say her apology sounded sincere and I hope she has the chance to live and learn.

CometsWin and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Xerobull

She will have the chance to live and learn. However, I agree with pressing charges. What she did could have ruined that man's life.

It's disgusting and shouldn't be swept under the rug.

Reeko, RayRay10, BmwM3 and 2 others like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree.

What I mean be able to live life as she has and this will not be a permanent cloud over her head.

Second chances.

That's a huge gig to lose because of this, if sincere I hope she can regain that type of employment.

RayRay10, BmwM3 and CometsWin like this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hispanic Karen? What is Karen is Spanish?

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

She should f’ing apologize for how she was treating that dog. Can’t stand when children or animals are treated like that.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People are so weird about this crap and I do think race can play a factor. My mom's neighbor wouldn't let us install a french drain in the back yard and connect it to a catch basin that connected to the city drainage system because an engineer hadn't certified it. End result was water would pool in ours and the other neighbor's backyard causing it to turn into a swamp and cause a mosquito problem. The other neighbor was a cop and just said connect it to drain the yards and no one would care. But this guy who is uphill of us was always out there like a hawk and would pounce on anyone who went into our backyard going on about a permit and the city. So I just got someone to do the work at night when he was sleeping and the next day he came over and threw a hissy fit asking if we connected it, but fortunately the cop neighbor lied to him and said he was there and it wasn't connected.

Do I think think he was racist? Did I mention he had a confederate flag on his boat?

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is more Karen light, just a dumb lady saying racist stuff. You can tell even Trump supporters are running from Trump, getting themselves fired in droves for doing and saying dumb things causing the unemployment rate to skyrocket.

RayRay10 likes this.