1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: "You need to live with it"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2020.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

i know this clown didn't say this SMH Worst Potus Ever.

JayGoogle, Patience and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Sure he does and so does the Senate. It would a lot faster had Trump not been so roundly criticised when he wanted to close borders earlier.
    And hindsight is always 20/20.

3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Point is, he acts on the advice of agencies, experts and advisors.

4. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

5. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Why would I be happy about a pandemic?

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I must have missed that story. Would you please point me to how the Republican senate prevented Donald J Trump from closing borders?

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yeah because criticizing trump closing the border had everything to do with how he dealt with this virus the last 6 months. You are not that stupid are you?

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Or, if you live in a country that actually didn't have the worst response in the world, foresight is 2020.

[​IMG]

when you're getting your ass kicked by Djbouti and even Greece, you're doing it wrong.

Thanks for voting for this bullshit Bruce.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does he always? He seems to contradict his advisors frequently. He's also blindsided them with advice and suggestions that they don't seem to be aware of.

Nook, RayRay10, Blatz and 1 other person like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does this mean that unless we are perfect human beings we shouldn't criticize our elected leaders?

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Edited response since I meant to direct this to another poster. Apologies for my mistake.

#91 NewRoxFan, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    AleksandarN, RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

?

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Sorry, I replied to the wrong poster (intended it to wattafan). I will correct.

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

So perhaps you should channel some of that "unhappiness" at the president and admin that has failed to successfully respond to the pandemic? Or, do you think they did a good job responding to the pandemic?

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He also contradicts his experts and advisors. He says so much crap that some of it happens to agree with his experts and advisors and much of it doesn't and is contrary.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'll give you my reasons why I believe that Trump is a major reason for the failure of the US being able to address the COVID crises.
    • DJT is the leader of the free world and he can have a major influence regarding how others respond.
      • Refused to acknowledge that wearing a mask and social distancing minimizes the spread of COVID.
        • I understand CDC issued guidelines initially which indicated the contrary, so we can blame their department for initial failure, that's fine. We can speculate here all day the reasoning for their initial guidelines (i.e. prevent mask shortage to frontline workers).
          • CDC eventually updated their guidelines (so eventually they corrected their initial mistake).
            • DJT refuses to abide newer recommendations.
        • DJT has a large base that he has a ton of influence over, instead of being gung-ho about not wearing a mask, he could of come out and told his electorate:
          • "USA is a proud country, a country born on freedom and minimal intrusion from the government, however, as we fight this virus, the CDC has concluded that their initial stance regarding masks was incorrect. I am asking, and pleading with you, we need to save lives and we need to minimize the spread of COVID, therefore, I am asking that you all wear masks to stop the spread. I, as the president of the US, will start wearing a mask and will do my best to stop the spread. We are not making wearing a mask a federal mandate, however, if the spread continues to climb, I will use my executive power to issue such an order for your benefit and mine. Our economy depends on minimizing the spread and keeping our work force healthy."
      • DJT multiple times alluded to this being a hoax and an attack on his re-election bid.
      • DJT could have publicly humiliated senators, congressmen, governors and local leaders that chose to spread a different message. We may not like his childish behavior when he attacks people, but it does seem to be effective at times. (i.e. congressman that wanted to delay CARES act to further look into distribution of funds, Trump humiliated him on twitter and congressman backed off).
    • He delegated responsibility to the states (it's fine to blame the states if they fudge their own response).
      • The moment states proved to be ineffective at controlling the spread, Trump could have been leading a regional effort to test, contact trace and quarantine all individuals affected.
        • I understand Trump would have not done this himself, but he could of had his task force take care of this.
        • There are several governors initially screwed up their response but they went, admitted their mistakes and tried to steer the ship in a different direction (i.e. I'm looking at you Cuomo).
          • Trump could have had his task force come up with a lessons learned of the initial response and be ready for a predictable "second wave".
      • Trump chose sides in how to help states.
        • He patted himself in the back for sending the Navy medical ships to NY and California.
        • He patted himself on the back for enacting DPA and producing ventilators.
          • He blamed the previous administration for several issues with the federal stockpile.
            • At this point in the presidency, he has been there 3 years, how it is possible that he never had someone look into this?
              • Did he hire the wrong people? I'm sure that's the likely culprit.
        • He threatened states for not giving him proper credit.
          • A leader should know that sometimes the job is thankless, the duty is steering the ship in the right direction and making sure obstacles are dealt with accordingly.
    • At this point, he has chosen to ignore the virus because it no longer benefits re-election.
      • He is not doing enough at this point and he no longer he needs to lead if it doesn't suit him well.
    I'm sorry, but when you are the head honcho, whether that be in government or a private company, you are the leader. You are the one that holds the power and ultimately is able to steer the ship in the desired direction. Obviously with government, there will be push back, but I think this could have easily been a moment in history where the President and his colleagues (House/Senate/Governors/etc) all say, **** being a democrat or a republican, lets make sure our people are safe and we have all the testing, PPE, etc etc to ensure we are successful in defeating this virus.

This is embarrassing that while other nations are opening up, we are fighting record numbers. We have a group that is firmly attached to death rates as the scale of how successful we are at handling this disease. You have political leaders like Dan Patrick, Dan Crenshaw, Rand Paul, etc etc questioning the opinions of experts because it doesn't suit their opinion. We have people here comparing this to the flu and to car crashed, even though we will likely hit 200,000 deaths due to this disease by the end of the year.

Many people are going to die indirectly, because they won't get the medical care they need because they are afraid to go to the hospital or their doctors office. Look at what happened in NY, at some point the decision was made that EMTs would not attempt to revive those that went into cardiac arrest because it was too risky.

It starts at the top, in any ****ing organization or government. If you can't take personal responsibility, then you are not fit to be a leader. DJT has alluded that he takes absolutely no responsibility. I understand that he is not the only one to blame, this is a team effort of failure, but ultimately, the whole world knows who DJT is, they don't know who Desantis is or Greg Abbott or Cuomo, etc etc.

pugsly8422, Nook, DVauthrin and 4 others like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

#97 J.R., Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Look folks, hindsight is 20/20, which is why going forward here's what happens when you ignore it

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Well then Mr. Fixit, tell us all how you would have done it. Maybe we can get you into politics.
    All you fkn armchair experts make me laff.

20. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

You don't really need advice from armchair experts. You can just look at the progress every other country has made against Covid-19 vs us.

Leadership matters.

arkoe, Nook, DVauthrin and 3 others like this.