1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

stop spewing lies, i repeat, i readily admit to being wrong more often than right.

i call them as i see them, just like reading the charts

#10661 adoo, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  2. adoo

adoo Member

using the TA tools in my tool box, decided to double down on shorting FDX;
    this time around betting that it will be traded < 155, w a good chance of knocking down the purple trend line
    • bto 160 call
    • sto 155 call, for a credit of $2.1
    [​IMG]

#10662 adoo, Jul 2, 2020
  3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

How far can Tesla run?
    My god...

CCity Zero, Sajan and saitou like this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

on jun 12 i stuck my neck out on tsla, when it was trading less than 920, betting that it would trade above 930
    once again, i was off. but it appears that i will get to keep all the premium collected​

CCity Zero and BmwM3 like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's a nice lineup of investors and Velodyne is a known company. And, no, I didn't buy any. :( That's a nice jump today! It's so weird how SPACs operate. I remember reading they had been in talks to buy a recycling company and here they end up getting into lidar/autonomous vehicles. lol.

I'm trying to cut the number of stocks I own since I went a bit overboard during this run-up since March. I just sold some stuff, so I'm going to try and get back into SPAC mode. lol. Keep an eye out for what GSAH.U (may be GSAH^ on some platforms) does. They just started trading about 2 or 3 days ago and are still unit shares, so still relatively cheap, but it means nobody has any idea what they're going to do. It's Goldman Sachs, it's got a farily large purse for a SPAC, and they've been given the clearance to go into any industry. I'm not in it yet, but I'm going to try and keep an eye on it for now.

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

Tesla's ticker has some sort of SpaceX rocket attached it to it.

saitou, CCity Zero and KingCheetah like this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, it's worth more than Toyota for some reason. lol.

CCity Zero and KingCheetah like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

World crazy.

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

thank you thank you. i'm in!

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

GNUS back at it again lol.. I bought 5k shares in the low $2s after that freakish $11 pump and dump in early June. I think the company has pretty good potential and bought in at what I thought was the bottom to hold for the long term. Maybe one of these bigs like Netflix or Amazon will buy them out later down the line. Who knows but looks decent today.

11. adoo

adoo Member

this was post #10272, on June 9, when my TA tool box had identified MSFT as a MACD crossover candidate

even the most vociferous TA skeptic liked the post

i bought large # of Sep 190 CALLs

i later doubled down, picking up 195 CALL, which i later sold when MSFT first broke the 200 mark

over the past 1.5 wks, trading experienced seesaw action, i was tempted to exit w an already large profit. but TA data indicated that there was still upside momentum.
    when MSFT traded above 207 today, i exited the 190 CALL, w ~ 75 days left to expiraton[​IMG]

a vivid eg of letting your winners run w guidance from the TA toolbox

i had also constructed a CALL calendar and a bullish PUT spread; may have to roll forward the Jul 220 CALL

#10671 adoo, Jul 2, 2020
    CCity Zero likes this.
  12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Did anyone play LMND?

13. Sajan

Sajan Member

Haven't seen this kind of fanfare about a stock before. Don't fight this one. Let it flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I literally cancelled my TSLA order in September 2019 for ~230 (i think) and went with MSFT instead.
    Otherwise I wouldn't care...but i can't look away lol. could have, would have, should have.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

likewise. no qualms that this is a straight gambling play.

saitou likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, I got in on GNUS too. I hope the speculation works for a further run up, took a very small gamble on some calls 2 weeks out as well. I can't believe I hesitated though... Almost had those $3 calls for today and next week that got swept way before the ramp up happened....

I'm basically going to watch Monday PM, I have a feeling this'll go more over next week or two... But then again news could fall off so I'll settle for $10, haha. Obviously I might move this earlier but it's certainly interesting. I just don't like the market sometimes after holiday weekend, so $6 is good too...

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wow! Did you get in on this one? I think when it was officially listed it started at $50, still a nice return for someone.

#10676 CCity Zero, Jul 2, 2020
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On PFE, I keep feeling it'll go against what the market/media wants... A pullback would be interesting, but the movement really hasn't been much anyway, not exactly printing money in either direction.

18. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Have you downloaded the app? Looks terrible. Lol

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I used to own PFE for the dividends, but sold it a couple of weeks ago, I think. It's already pulled back on other news. Even before they got involved in a COVID cure, they were a $40 or so company. I owned it for a few years. That's a huge company, so if you're banking on a coronavirus cure in conjunction with BIoNTech causing some massive spike in the stock, I don't know how much of a dent it's going to make in one of the largest pharma companies on the planet. BioNTech is the one that would probably pop more (and has doubled I think).

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I bought BABA right after they IPO'ed. I think my cost basis per share is around $82. I don't want to let it go, especially if banking on a China recovery. JD is just now really taking off... it's underperformed the others for a while. I liked BABA over JD because they're so varied and have their hands in all sorts of ecommerce... this could be one of the reasons it's currently lagging (?).

saitou and CCity Zero like this.