1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Canada, eh?

I think it’s our entitlement and the fact we’ve never really had to sacrifice or try hard to solve anything. Asian cointries have opened up their cities since mid April but they’re not throwing virus parties or giving the government **** fits for ticky tack civil liberties violations. They’re mostly wearing masks when they eat at restaurants and self isolating when sick. They went through sars when it raged through without an answer.

Their reward for being “sheep”: public gatherings, resumption of festivals, regular elections.

It’s never about getting back to 100%. Not gonna happen for a few years. They’re doing this at 80. But we’re an all or nothing, winner takes all ad culture where “losers” and “compromises” are marginalized.

Op should change title to “As we start to say “ ****it, I’m gonna bust out and pretend everything is back to normal”

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I wonder what talk show host dan patrick and dan crenshaw think of abbott's action...

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I hear Morey is going to start using this method starting next season. Instead of evaluating the teams play during the season using all these silly metrics he will just count up wins at the end of the season and then make decisions.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Newlin

Newlin Member

The White House keeps talking about putting out embers. Meanwhile the entire nation is a tinderbox ready to explode.

6. NewRoxFan

7. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile, in Houston...

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well, Glenn Doc Rivers is headed to Orlando so maybe that's what these ****wads mean.

Who voted for this ****? Screw you if you did.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

To be fair, so is California, but we could just not keep avoiding our favorite posh eateries! I mean, the ceviche is to die for! (Oh, oops, did I say that?)

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Maybe when Pence says they are "processing" medical personnel, it's like soylent green for harvesting antibodies from dead medical workers?

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Kind of related. Maybe because I'm one of the youngest, but there's a good possibility that other than the department head, I'll be the only one teaching in-person classes in my department in the Fall. Prepare your kids for communication via basketball analogies.

13. NewRoxFan

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Steve overload.

Kim, B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For all the people in Texas. I know many are not happy about the mask order. If you won’t wear a mask because you’re not concerned about your safety for the love of God
    DO IT FOR WILLIE NELSON!

If Willie gets COVID-19 I might just head down to Austin and kick the ass of someone not wearing a mask

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

About freaking time, but it is sad that it took more than 8,000 new cases in one day for Abbott to do what should have been done from day one.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

As long as all Texans abide by it, I’ll be happy, but if there’s still a large percentage of the state’s population that defies the order, they can all go to hell and deserve to have their asses kicked.

joshuaao, B-Bob, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, Lina Hidalgo really strikes me as trying to grab power. LOTS of power. Like, He-Man type "I am the POWER!!!"

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

God bless the truth. If they would all get into their own circle-jerks and defy the order, it's one thing. It's another to take the rest of us done with them.

Still wondering if I should have taken the blue pill rather than the red pill (again, those colors should have been switched, but 20 years ago how could the Wachowski's know where all this would go?)

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

They won't, they have already been conditioned by trump and his enablers to think this pandemic is completely overblown.

RayRay10 likes this.