1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers hate Rockets more than Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Jun 30, 2020.

1. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

:D:D That cracked me up.

I hope Harden gets a chance to prove me wrong and does.

BHannes2BHonest, JW86 and HP3 like this.
  2. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I think the Rockets can knock off the Lakers in the 2nd round and set up this WCF match up. I’m pretty confident that the Rockets can beat the Lakers simply bc of style of play. I think the Rockets are going to push the pace as much as possible to neutralize any size advantage the opponent has on defense. If they can get down the court fast enough to get layups or open 3’s then it will force teams to match up with them. The Lakers will be forced to play AD at the 5 and the Rockets will double him from the weak side in the post as soon as he puts the ball on the floor. If the Rockets can make their rotations and the Lakers role players aren’t hitting open 3’s when they have the opportunity, then it could be an easy series for the Rockets. However, if the Lakers have the balls to bench AD and play Lebron at the 5, then things could be very difficult for the Rockets.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

AD won't be benched. that will never happen. Hes going to get his regardless and its something the rockets will have to deal with. The lakers want to play big. AD has always made it his preference that he doesn't want to be the only big on the floor. my preference is that the lakers let the likes of dwight and mcGhee out on that floor to be exposed as much as possible and welcome their "3 pt" shooting all day.

DM'sVP likes this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I had read Morey didnt want to include Trez - but Clips insisted... and was a deal breaker without...

its a shame we didnt utilize him properly...

5. rockets13champs

Rockets only have like 4 rivalries

1. rockets/warriors est. 2015
    2. Rockets/ Mavs
    3. Rockets/Jazz
    4. Rockets/Spurs

I don’t consider anyone else a rival.
    We played lakers a lot in 2000s but it was one sided Kobe always won. And we went to game 7 once. So it wasn’t much of a rivalry.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are better than them
    No matter if their owner is 20 times richer than ours

D-rock likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

Actually Steve Balmer is richer than all the rockets owners in history combined

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

[​IMG]

9. macan

macan Member

is wesley johnson still with the clippers

rbenavides01 likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Was jealous of that Cassell / Mobley backcourt though

Patience likes this.
  11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I'm not even sure who our biggest rival is anymore. I felt like the Clippers thing was more of a CP3/BG and even Austin Rivers thing, lol things changed.

Clippers - Two of the main instigators ended up on the Rockets
    Mavs - Really hate to see them succeed and land Luka, but Cuban has lately sided w Morey/Hou on topics, and Cuban has seemed less petty with age in his tactics and doesn't seem to lose his mind as much. Luka also seems like a good dude, and again the most annoying player was JET with his stupid airplane thing, who ended up contributing to the Rockets.
    GSW: Obviously not the same team

My guess is OKC is going to be our biggest rival for the remainder of the season. I would not want a playoff matchup with them.

12. Section123row16seat1

Rockets>Clippers

no need to list players

it’s not even close

D-rock likes this.
  13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

That's... kind of exactly his point?

14. Aware

Aware Member

really? lol thats neat, i guess.
    i think blazer fans really hate us too.

imo we only have 2 rivals and thats the mavs and jazz. we all dislike the warriors but that cant be a rivalry when all they've ever done is own us since the curry era.

ive never really disliked the spurs. san antonio is irrelevant outside of the spurs so trash talk from their fans never really bothers me.

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

We played them "a lot" in the 2000s? I only remember two series. One of which (the one that went to seven) was a coulda/shoulda/woulda around Yao's injury, and the other of which involved Kobe, Shaq, Payton, and Malone against a 25-year-old Francis and 2nd-year Yao. (And we still took one game and came DAMN close in two others) You make it sound like Kobe dominated us or something, and we actually played him pretty well, but that only goes so far when the odds are that stacked.

I'm not saying we have or had a rivalry against the Lakers, but I'm not sure I agree with your recollection of our history against them, either.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

The last 3 years at least do not bear this out. Harden has been MVP or top 3.

Kawhi has not.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  17. fattz

fattz Member

A third of the Clippers were once Rockets. Most of the players found themselves as players here, too. Their coach’s son is part of our rotation and plays on a cheap contract to be here. The Lakers haven’t been very good since the Clippers have excelled AND now the Warriors, too —> hard to kick a dog.

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

that was a fun team to watch.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

D-rock likes this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If James Harden beats Lebron James, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Giannis Antetekounmpo in this Playoffs alone.

He will be the best Player in the League, even though he deserves 5 MVPs, 2 Championships by now, but the Idiot Media will say Asterisk.

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.