1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China & India

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HROZ, Jun 30, 2020.

1. HROZ

HROZ Member

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is another thread about this from a few weeks ago but it's hard to keep track of this with everything else going on.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ina-military-clash-55-soldiers-killed.305557/

My own view is that while this is worrisome I don't think it's something that will lead to a major crisis. The PRC and India have been clashing over Ladakh since the 1960's and while they have fought low level battles it's never escalated into a full fledged war. I think this will be the same. There is too much at stake for both countries economically and geopolitically.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I have the feeling that China and India are just itching to try out all of their 21st century military power toys in a real conflict, but in the end cooler heads will prevail. I think that both nations want to demonstrate their new power, but against lessor opponents -- a China/ India shooting war could quickly spiral out of control.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shots fired

5. Senator

Senator Member

with all China's done to kill off the world, it wasn't even mentioned they mauled 20 Indian soldiers to death with the following weapons in a no gun zone -

[​IMG]

gotta keep that NBA money safe . . .

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The autocratic and expansionist Xi regime better be careful. No one wants a shooting war, but Xi might start one by accident or by pushing countries in the region too far. China is illegally claiming the Exclusive Economic Zones of several countries surrounding the South China Sea. Some of those countries are allies of the United States. India is not, but China's actions along their disputed border might start a shooting war with India, and may push India closer to the US. I don't see how that benefits China. India isn't Vietnam or Malaysia.

tinman likes this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nah, these two are destined to eventually become allies. It's the elephant in the WW3 room.