1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Defund the Cops?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by B@ffled, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why is he geared up like he is going to take down Osama bin Laden?

CometsWin and jiggyfly like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah we should totally believe him.

Did he get his McDonalds ok?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fknlulz.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

And then he was fired by the democratic mayor. The end.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Rhetorical, I know.

But it's because we're the enemy.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Probably the biggest problem with law enforcement. It's the type of people law enforcement attracts and that's egotistical high school failures.

You can tell this man loves the confrontation.

The people in law enforcement proffesions demand respect rather than wanting to earn it.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Many of my former peers who were in Marine Corps infantry carried over their exact same mindset when they joined their local law enforcement when they went back home after being discharged. I remember right before deployment how eager we were to recieve our combat action ribbons, how eager we were to share war stories and be hardened men who were in combat. That exact "get some" mentality is transfered over to law enforcement culture. Hence why you'll often see cops who are supposed to serve their communties have skull and cross bones patches on their body armor or "get some" painted on their rifles. These people want to play war in American streets.

#408 fchowd0311, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Xerobull likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A family member who served in the Marines said he was happy to be sent into Iraq because he had been trained and spent a long time training. He felt that he wanted the chance to put that training to use for his country. I don't think he was typical of the folks over there. He lost his best friend in combat there. He said he most enjoyed talking with the Iraqi people who were serving and learning to help keep order there, as well as other members of the coalition from other nations. He said he really enjoyed getting their perspective on things and learning their thoughts on issues and the situation. He volunteered for a rescue mission while under enemy fire. He has said that after being back as soon as people find out that he served they asked if he had killed somebody. He said that he hated that question. His feelings were, that if he had, why would he want to talk about it with some stranger in the bar who had no idea about what he had seen and been through.

He still works as a private citizen but on military drones and their operations. So he's often stationed at military bases in his job. He does well financially with his work, but I know that he has some health issues that stem from his time in the service. I admire the hell out of him. I know that it isn't always easy from him and that he is doubts/fears/issues deeper than often show. I'm told this by his wife and other family members who see him more often than I am able to do.

I have a deep respect for those that have served. I hate that someone would allow them to have a price put on their heads by a foreign adversary and do nothing to help protect our troops. It's disgusting.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Another moron with a badge that shouldn't be a policeman.

FranchiseBlade and Ubiquitin like this.
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No need for fantasy fairytale illustrations, we have authentic photos of what it's like there.

[​IMG]

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

De Blasio confirms $1 billion cut for NYPD budget:

"De Blasio declined to discuss most details of the cuts he has agreed to, but confirmed it would include a shift for school safety agents, which will take place over several years.

"On top of the $1 billion cut in operating expenses, there will be a more than $500 million cut to the NYPD’s capital budget, with the money instead used to build youth recreation centers and for public housing developments, de Blasio said."​

https://www.politico.com/states/new...confirms-hell-cut-1b-from-nypd-budget-1295930

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

let the flight from NYC commence, get out before it's too late

tinman likes this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This dude had the best Defund the Police Speech

"We take Gotham from the corrupt! The rich! The oppressors of generations who have kept you down with myths of opportunity, and we give it back to you... the people. Gotham is yours. None shall interfere. Do as you please. Start by storming Blackgate, and freeing the oppressed! Step forward those who would serve. For and army will be raised. The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests, and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. "

[​IMG]

Commodore likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"What do blacks say about the police?":

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/07/what-do-blacks-say-about-the-police.php

Discussing this book by Michael Fortner:

excerpt:

Fortner concludes:

"Elite institutions have committed themselves to a theory, program, and performance increasingly detached from the aspirations, worldviews, and everyday concerns of millions of blacks. Activists have secured pledges to “defund” or “dismantle” police departments, but black Americans haven’t received concrete, alternative public-safety plans to curb violence. Most African-Americans clearly desire police reform over abolition. . . .

"Their perspectives deserve consideration. Any “antiracist” movement that disregards how working and middle-class African-Americans define and pursue the good life is not worth its name."
    more at the link

Corrosion likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Should be noted that it's really $484 billion in cuts as they are moving some of the programs the NYPD do around homeless outreach and school safety to other departments (so the NYPD has less duties on its plate). The cuts aren't also happening immediately but will be phased in from what I read.

At nearly $6 Billion in total budget for the NYPD, I don't think this is going to have dramatic impact for many years.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Mr. Knot,
    they still get a paycheck right?

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member