1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colorado Police Pepperspray Children, Dogs at Peaceful Violin Vigil In Park

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

If you're not triggered by now, you aren't an American. I don't care what your politics are, this is wrong.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Really WTF.

why the hell were they in riot gear in the1st place?

Ziggy, DVauthrin, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That's their uniform.

B-Bob, joshuaao, Ubiquitin and 2 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

police deployed to put an end to a peaceful violin VIGIL by escalating the situation so they can use their weapons on citizens

makes sense...makes all the fcking sense in the world

this is 1 of the reasons why police are hated...just constant abuse of power

just a few bad apples tho :rolleyes:

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

See, this has to end, those people are PAID by our tax dollars, the standards they set are so ****ing low - they should be held to a much higher standard.

Ridiculous that they pepper sprayed kids at a violin vigil come on man - they are probably just pissed that Colorado is fixing their system and going to hold them accountable.

DD

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

DVauthrin, Reeko, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I read that earlier today. Forgive me for quoting your story, but this stood out:

His last words to the police...

[​IMG]

But guys like him and those protesting his death are the bad guys... SMH. :(

mikol13, Invisible Fan, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If this went down how it looks and is being portrayed, then this is quite blatantly one of the evilest things I've seen.

The cops killed an innocent young man who was clearly a very gentle guy in Colorado, he was a violin player so a group of people gather and play violin in his memory, and cops show up in swat, in formation marching through the crowd, and end up attacking and pepper spraying the people.

Monsterous, as I'm currently seeing it. If there isn't something I'm missing, a lot of people need to be fired for this.

Amiga, SamFisher, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What the ****?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Saw this on the Twitter earlier but wasn’t sure what it was about.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What. The. Fvck.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jesus christ this doesn't sound real but it is

And the cops were found innocent.

And a cop said "I don't know what he was on but he's incredibly strong"... it was a skinny ****ing kid who was scared for his life

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

damn the police look like those soldiers in the Smooth Criminal video

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I definitely would like to know more but just showing up in riot gear and marching in seems remarkably tone deaf of Aurora PD. It's shocking if their commanders don't realize the scrutiny the and the rest of LE are under right now.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  15. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I can see how, given the system, a jury might find them innocent. But fit to ever be cops again?

I'm not sure it's productive, but it's why I have zero problems with a few windows and (God forbid) a few statues being toppled. Zero. It's past time for the system to change.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It gets worse.. I just saw video on the news showing LEO swinging batons at people as they are trying to retreat..

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I guess just based on those two videos, I'm not having the same reaction, or certainly not surprise.

This looks to me a lot like that encounter in Davis, California a while back, with the storm trooper walking past and spraying the eyes of all these seated students. (Remember, the fat cop became a meme for a while.)

But maybe it got worse. In those videos, there are storm troopers marching around where they aren't needed or wanted. There is a woman saying "no no no no no." Then some protestors step to and one of them gets sprayed in the face.

I guess it got a lot worse after that, but yeah, all over our country, we have a bunch of violence-fantasy yahoos who get to dress up like storm troopers and go be tough. The fact that they don't care about the general mood of the country or that hundreds of people are capturing their actions and sharing them online just shows you part of what qualified immunity means once a warped human brain accepts it.

jiggyfly, Kim and RayRay10 like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve refrained from talking about the Elijah McClain story because it was just too painful

I had heard that video had surfaced, but I was unable to bring myself to watch it until now

rest in power young brother...I pray those murderers pay for what they did

seemed like such a pure soul

I bet those cops go home at night and sleep peacefully knowing what they did...evil bastards

Andre0087, Kim, cheke64 and 2 others like this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not my neighborhood. That's a big city issue

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I just read the article about what happened to Elijah McClain last August. It’s disgusting and even more so that none of the officers were convicted of murder. Fast forward 10 months, and other officers from the same police department dress up as storm troopers and use force to stop a violin vigil in McClain’s honor. All of the officers involved should be fired.

RayRay10 likes this.