1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Rockets GM Daryl Morey claims he has let James Harden down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jun 8, 2020.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i sure hope he is everything we are dreaming him to be! :) he would be a beverley or vernon maxwell find. we need those!!

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

???

D-rock likes this.
  3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I know Harden has put this team on his back and broke basketball records on the regular but the problem is 'it's his way or the highway' and that along with the officiating disparity will result in sustained mediocrity.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

LMAO... so based on some rando signing of a guy that's injured and isnt even gonna play a single minute for us this year... you're going to declare my assertion that Morey hasnt provided quality shooters is wrong? LMAO.... Talk about rationalizing an event to fit a narrative... LOL

Who knows how this guy is gonna recover... Obviously, I hope he fully recovers and becomes a future benefit for this team (since he's obviously not contributing this year)... but who knows... Idk... Udk... Morey doesnt know (which is why its a team option) its a gamble signing that hopefully works out to our benefit... but to use this signing to prove a point - any point - is just wishful thinking...

5. kjayp

Yer entitled to your opinion, bro... but at this point its just an opinion...
    Who knows if our gameplan has held us back... sure we've had great reg season success - but we aint won it all despite being as you put it "every single year Houston was the Vegas betting favorite" So maybe just maybe the gameplan has been good enough to have good success - but not good enough to win it all... when up against the best competition...

and as far as the excuses...
    We couldnt beat the GSW pre Durant after Curry went down thanks to DMo's ass sweat...
    We couldnt beat a Kawhi-less SAS team - and the way we played that last game we'd have lost to most (if not all) teams...
    We couldnt beat GSW after CP3 went down - even though they were down KD... and we had the lead going into the 4th...

I think you misinterpret my concerns... I dont think anything is THE reason we havent been able to seal the deal with a championship... its a collection of rare or minor shortcoming which culminate to ultimately bite us in the butt one way or another...
    MDA is a good coach... 90% of the time he's fine... but 10% where he doesnt make adjustments or properly rest guys can (and has) bitten us...
    DM is one of the best GMs in the biz... but his wasting roster spots on washed out high draft pick players has never delivered a gem (Flynn, KJ, TRob, Thabeet, etc..) while we ditched guys like Roco... and obviously the lack of personable skills doesnt alert him to scum like Royce White... Still a great GM but obvious missteps with hindsight being 20/20...
    Tilman is obviously a cheap sob... but he's ponyed up for the high ticket players... i still wish he was true to his word and do 'whatever it takes...'
    Harden is obviously a tremendous talent - but he has fallen apart at a few very crucial junctures... but continues to improve and play at a very high level...
    ...and the refs are obviously a factor as well.. thats why I think we need an inside option that can play through contact when the refs swallow their whistles...

I dont want to get rid or DM or Harden...
    MDA ive given up on due to his stubborness... he wont change...
    Tilman I would love to replace...

It befuddles me that people want to bury their heads in the sand regarding missteps... like they put people on a pedestal and cant accept that they can make a mistake - aint nobody perfect... If we make a mistake or misstep - thats fine - if we learn from it and dont continue to repeat the same errors... those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

#105 kjayp, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

so if that's the case he gets ALL the credit for the Rocket's success since he got here.

like getting to the playoffs every year and having the best winning percentage for the last 7 years.

None if it has anything to do with Morey and MDA.

LOL 65% winning rate for the past 8 years
    playoffs every year eliminated by 2 superstar 3 all star team and 3 refs

is sustained mediocrity?

let's get back Kevein Martin and Jeremy Lamb then

#106 vlaurelio, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL.

He gave you facts and you call it his opinions.

It does not matter, you are a glass half empty guy. Period.

And you will stubbornly refuse to budge on your "missteps" argument as a reason to move away from a head coach who has guided team to best franchise winning record ever, unlocked best player(s) to historic production, revolutioned game (again), won Coach of the Year (again) and was a hamstring away from a championship.

Not a bad 4 years, other than the "missteps" of course.

Here is a tip, every single person/entity/organization has flaws or "missteps".

Name me your coach that will perform better?

fckbandwagons likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

nothing about the Rockets has been “sustained mediocrity”...if u can’t make your point without using nonsensical, foolish sounding hyperbole, then u don’t have much of a point to begin with

D-rock likes this.
  9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Not beating the Warriors at any given opportunity during a series is mediocrity in my book. Had a big chance when Durant went down but their ball movement went up a notch but still doable. It's all about Harden wanting to consolidate with the team and coach during crucial moments which he isn't willing to do.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

not beating 1 of the most talented teams of all time is not mediocrity

Lol, u don’t realize how stupid u sound saying that?

11. kjayp

The %s are facts... they are reality....
    Whether or not our strategy has helped or hurt us is opinion...
    Maybe we would be a .500 team if we played conventional - or maybe we'd have won a couple championships... opinion...

12. vlaurelio

like bringing Lin back in 2018? LOL

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member