1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haven't had Starbucks in months folks..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SamFisher, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Starbuck?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hate coffee.

Buck Turgidson and Deckard like this.
  2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm a bit of a coffee snob, I make my own cold brew with beans from NM, and espresso with a rotation of local coffees. But I still go to starbucks, nothing beats its convenience. I can order on my phone and simply walk in and grab my coffee off the counter, its so easy. And their rewards program gives you lots of free drinks.

I don't get this, the only $5 coffees at starbucks are fancy thing like cold brew ($4.55 btw). A cup of hot drip coffee is like $1.20. Plain coffee is not expensive there.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The most popular drink at Starbucks several years ago according to Howard Schultz was a tall latte which is like $3 at the least, I think, isn't? Of course that was years ago -- not sure what the most popular is now. That's like $600-800 a year for a 5 day work week, I think, for coffee.

For me, even $1.20 a day (assuming a work week) is a lot. I bought a Keurig and am finding paying $0.70 a cup/pod or more per day on some of the coffees a bit too much. I think I can get the Walmart variety for 33-50 cents, though. To possibly save money (?), I'm thinking about buying beans and grinding them next since I already have a grinder. Hell, if I could grow my own coffee plants, I'd go that route. :D

I honestly don't have anything against people doing it -- I just don't get it. Hell, I know I do a lot of crap and spend money on things people don't get. lol.

People I used to work with would just buy the fancy coffee and use an AeroPress at work. I admit, the coffee tasted good, but then it was somewhat pricey coffee, too. For me, there's a tradeoff somewhere in there among convenience, price, and taste.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

My only point was sometimes people think a cup of coffee at starbucks is so much more expensive than like McDonalds, when it really isn't. If you are buying coffee anywhere every day, its gonna get expensive. But if you need a coffee in a pinch, starbucks is always the easiest option.

Back in law school, I lived next door to a starbucks and it would be faster for me to order from them and walk outside to get it than it was to make my own coffee lol. That was the most regularly I ever got coffee at a coffee shop.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It makes me awake. For me, that's good. Anything that good has to be bad!

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

part of it is also overall health benefits. I started getting headache and stomach problems as I’ve gotten older and the two Things that have helped the most are vitamins/supplements (magnesium and vitamin b/d and a multi, plus a detox supplement) and interestingly giving up the coffee.

I love the way it tastes though.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Spending all my Starbucks coffee money buying avocado to make avocado toast.

davidio840 and Nook like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I gave up coffee completely for about 2-3 years. Which is amazing since I only got around 3-4 hours of sleep back in those days. Then, one day I smelled some coffee brewing in the breakroom at work and completely fell off the wagon. No idea why it happened that day since I had smelled it before. For some reason, I just had to have some coffee that day... 2-3 years after my last cup.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Are there negative health effects to drinking coffee? Not talking about the sugared up flavored versions, just straight up black coffee. Everything I've seen about it has been positive health-wise.

10. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Caffeine is not necessarily a good thing not to mention it's addicting.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Went by 2 Starbucks today around 1:00 pm, both were closed.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  12. TheresTheDagger

#MeNeither

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I had a female headhunter try to set up a meeting at Chili's, I had her reschedule at their office instead but made a bet with myself about her body type and definitely won.

Nook and Ubiquitin like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That reminds me I need to go to a Starbucks for work. I'm a design consultant for one of their rivals and my clients wanted me to check out how their drive thrus work.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was also Captain Ahab's first officer in Moby Dick..

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I like mcd coffee better than Starbucks. True story

pgabriel likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

The younger lawyers in my office and assistants always has Starbucks. The oldest attorney once was walking past a young male and female associate attorney when they half being dicks asked the oldest attorney if he “ever stopped for Starbucks”.... with a look of disgust he said “No.”.... they raised an eyebrow and asked him why and he said to the female attorney “because I have a wife” which caused her to storm into my office.

Fun times. He works from his own office we rent him now... it is close to his home and actually costs very little to do. We are trying to get him to work permanently from home now because of COVID.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

#HoGoHomeAndWashOutYourBeaver

Nook likes this.
  19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If people are addicted to caffeine, why don't they just take caffeine pills instead? Seems a faster, cheaper, more efficient way of getting the stimulant.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

For real, without the stained teeth and stank breath.