1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jussie Smollett attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Feb 14, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Freebird?

2. Buck Turgidson

Tuesday's Gone
    Call Me The Breeze
    Freebird's solid for the guitar solo alone
    ****, maybe 3 good songs

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

ArtV likes this.
  5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That's the strangest "pull-down" I've ever seen. It looks like pull-down is NASCAR translation for the English word noose. It would definitely not be alarming for a black man to see this in his stall.

Reeko, Nook, DVauthrin and 8 others like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's an odd way to tie a loop.

Nook, DreamShook and Patience like this.
  7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wonder how garages are assigned. One tweet said that there were more garages with those types of handles. Then, Wallace said that his was the only one. If what Wallace said is true, then it is curious why he would be assigned the noose garage.

Someone said it was tied that way for a Halloween party.

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

What’s really concerning is NASCAR asked all 29 tracks to check their garages for any more ropes shaped like a noose. They found 11 ropes that were tied into a knot... this was the only one shaped like that.

I feel bad for being mad at Bubba Wallace now. He was so adamant it was a noose, I thought he was wrong... he was clearly right. That’s a damn noose and I don’t have a single clue why you would ever tie a pull down rope like that.

9. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I guess they're assigned based on point standings.

Someone shared a video from another garage area at Talladega and there were several "loop" pull-downs. But this was the only "loop" pull-down in the Cup Series garage AFAIK.

The reaction from his team was more than understandable in my opinion.

Nook, DVauthrin, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  10. JumpMan

Somewhere in this thread, I remember reading that it was tied that way for a Halloween party. But I can't find that anywhere else so who knows.

It shouldn't be this hard to find just facts. In this thread I have read that all garages had loop handles, that only Wallace's had it, and now that 11 garages had it

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wonder if this dude has an employee with a choke fetish or depression and the person just isn't coming forward lol.

Ottomaton likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NASCAR has said that all garages had loop handles, but this was the ONLY ONE fashioned like a noose. That is coming from NASCAR.

The handle however, had been there since Oct. 2019. Wallace only moved in last week. So it wasn't directed at him. A member of the Richard Petty Team when entering the garage saw the noose. They reported it.

It makes sense that with everything going on in both NASCAR and the nation that they would be alarmed. They reported it, it was investigated, and the conclusion was no hate crime.

It wasn't a case of someone trying to make up a story, or anything ridiculous like that. People are trying to paint Wallace in a bad light over this. I'm not sure why, but I have my guesses.

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  13. conquistador#11

No doubt about that. People online making fun of the situation would be the the first to make conspiracies when they get food poisoning from a DQ butter cup blizzard, when in reality it was the 9 donuts eaten prior to the shake.

Wallace has no reason to feel embarrassed.

14. JumpMan

That makes sense that it could have been a Halloween prop, then. I still think it's weird that Wallace was assigned that garage, but if garage assignments are based on points, then it was just a weird coincidence.

Another view of it is that because of the climate in the country you pump the brakes a bit and investigate before you definitively state that a hate crime occurred. Nascar's history is messy, but they had just banned the Confederate flag and showed support to BLM so they had some credit to use with the public.

The problem here is that they arrived at a conclusion before the end of the investigation. By they I mean Nascar and Bubba Wallace. It's fair to say they overreacted. I think it's also fair to say that Wallace could have shown thicker skin. I know you won't agree with that, that's fine.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

@tallanvor hows life in Crosby?

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

At first I thought the guy who reported this was setting Bubba up to take the fall and take away from his BLM stance, but this guy was right to report this. That's not a garage loop. NASCAR did the right thing.

Os Trigonum, Nook, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Paul Menard is the victim! (...or someone on his team likes tying it like that.)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I don't know what that means. My life is great. It was a fake hate crime. No victims despite you whining about 'victim blaming'. Not sure you even know what that phrase means.

cml750 likes this.
  19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

What kind of Halloween prop would a noose be used for? Unless I missed it I feel like this is kinda being glossed over

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So what’s the debate here? It’s clearly a noose. So a noose was found in bubba Wallace’s garage.