1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets cut Isaiah Hartenstein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 23, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

didn’t we have him for next year too ?

I looked it , up we did . We had him for 1.6 million next year and then he was an RFA after that .

I don’t like cutting him . Sure he wouldn’t have played this year , but he was very young , seemed like he had improved/had a good work ethic , and had some physical tools.

Seems like he would have been worth the contract and even if we didn’t want him he could have been a trade piece .

maybe the way the market will work next year is that Hartenstein will be even lower on the totem pole , but he struggled to get consistent minutes on a contending team playing a style which limits his opportunities. That isn’t the situation for all teams .

In a normal year I feel like he could command Danuel house $ on the open market . He’s just as unproven as House was at the time and is 7ft .

we had him for less . Idk what happened . I would have liked to have him just in case we want to send in a 7ft player to foul the shot out of someone (and then we still have 1 left)

prolly Tilman

JayGoogle, FrontRunner and jch1911 like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought Tilman didn't want to pay someone who's not working.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

well there's only 1 true C on the roster left to get rid of that's not actually working lol

maybe TC is going to get cut for Tyler Johnson o_O

Easy, xiki and saleem like this.
  4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

pr0wler and Easy like this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

he’ll be picked up. Fast.

Plowman, Deckard, Mazulis and 6 others like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I’m not against moving IH, but not for an injured guy sitting on the bench. I wouldn’t be surprised if TC is going to get cut for another small baller, that we don’t need.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good news for Hartenstein, his career was being wasted in Houston, I imagine he'll get picked up quickly.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good luck to you Harty. Thanks for your efforts.

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Will this thread also double as the appreciation thread? Covid 19 dictates cutbacks on thread counts.

10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Noooooooo!!!!!

11. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I predict this move is going to haunt us but hopefully he'll get more playing time elsewhere. I hope he gets picked up by an Eastern conference team so he doesn't get as many games to torch us for revenge each season.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's where I'm pretty much at too. IHart wasn't going to play but he still was an active roster spot, replaced by someone who isn't going to be able to play til maybe December off an Achilles

saleem likes this.
  13. Mr Chuck Norris

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, Mike D will not play a center. He probably would put in Clemons before he put in Isiah. That's how ****ing committed this team is to small ball. The only reason Tyson Chandler is still on the roster is because "veteran leadership" and the guy has always been known as a great locker room presence.

saleem likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Hatred of Centers on full display

JK

saleem likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am certain Morey tried to send his ass off during the trading deadline but no one was willing to let Tilman off the hook. I liked Isiah, he was goofy, but showed some promise to be an occasional back up big. Knowing the direction of this team, the guy was rotting away. Might as well sign someone that may have a chance to make the team next year.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

he wasn’t that good, and he wasn’t gonna play, so whatever

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Also a good indicator Rockets looking at cost expenses next season. Bye Ben McLemore after this season.

Rest of season is lame duck games. Go out and win it Ben......build on your resume. Meet your replacement.

Edited: or EGo gets traded and Ben Mc promoted. In that case meet your substitute off the bench. Lol.

JoeBarelyCares and saleem like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#HaveLostMyWillToLive

JoeBarelyCares and Nook like this.
  20. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Going all in on Small Ball for sure. They might cut Tyson as well if they are able to pick up Tyler Johnson. I just hope if this doesn’t work out, and the Rockets lose in the first or second round, that they change their way of thinking and are able to adjust on the fly. Trade for Myles Turner and get some real bigs like Cousins and others in here. Of course that might mean no more D’Antoni and either Thibodeaux or JVG here.

amaru likes this.