1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haven't had Starbucks in months folks..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SamFisher, Jun 23, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

...when will I become a millionaire - am I doing it wrong?

o_O

Sajan, KingCheetah, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Someone Uber Eats this guy a cup of coffee...

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm one of probably 3 people in this country who have never had Starbucks. I'm broke AF.

I think you are doing it 180° wrong. Really lean into the Starbucks lifestyle. Lease a Porsche Panamera that you can't afford (gotta spend money to make money!), learn all the latest corporate buzz words and casually drop 3 or 4 of them each of the dozen times a day you are being condescending to the baristas and are refilling your Iced Venti Mocha Latte. Maybe get a Joel Osteen book or two to carry with you.

The Right People will see you are part of their clan and they will shower riches upon you, like manna from heaven. Oh, also, if you aren't white, do something about that.

#3 Ottomaton, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

My stock is suffering. You're part of the problem. I hope you're happy.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm one of the other 2... imagine that -- 2 of the 3 people in the same thread.

Well, technically I've had Starbucks coffee at work (free!), but I've never bought anything from Starbucks, which is even more odd since I've owned the stock for almost a decade. I can't be spending that much money on coffee even with my caffeine addiction. lol. Though I did buy a Keurig a few months ago since I no longer work. Now that may have been a waste of money -- still deciding.

Jontro, SamFisher and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. droxford

droxford Member

...and I must be #3. I've never purchased or consumed a Starbucks product.

Jontro likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Tesla is coming to Austin...it's just a question of how much tax monies we give him.

Nook, Ubiquitin and SamFisher like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The closest I come to Starbucks is on the very rare occasion that I take a copy of Moby Dick off a shelf at BookPeople. It's here in downtown Austin by West 6th and North Lamar, close to the headquarters of Whole Foods. I like to take a seat somewhere and read a little of Moby Dick (in truth, more likely to be Dick, Phillip K.) while sipping some of their excellent coffee. I hope the bookstore, the finest independent bookstore in the country, in my biased opinion, is surviving our national disaster. I've seen Matthew McConaughey there before, and a few times just walking around the neighborhood. He has good taste.

About 15 years ago it was named Best Independent Bookstore in the Country by some well known publication. Can't remember which publication, but it was national, not Texas Monthly or The Austin Chronicle. Actually, the "flagship" Whole Foods store used to be next door to BookPeople, where it seemed to fit very well. Nice synergy, if you know what I mean, but Whole Foods decided to construct their huge store/national headquarters about a block away. Kind of an eyesore, in my opinion, but at least it's organic.

I remember going to both when they were a hell of a lot smaller. BookPeople when they were Grok Books, referring to Stranger in a Strange Land, Heinlein's classic SF novel, and Whole Foods was the little organic grocery on North Lamar, north a few blocks from that gigantic creation they have now. The coffee is better at BookPeople.

I heard about Tesla. Looks like a good bet to happen, @Buck Turgidson. That'll be interesting. Should create several thousand good paying jobs. Eventually, at any rate. It'll be good for the restaurants, bars, clubs, and other local businesses, assuming the Plague ever goes away. Won't be so good for the traffic, though. At least it'll be east of town, a major plus. The city has been trying to steer development that way forever.

#8 Deckard, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Nook and SamFisher like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

you also have to quit that avocado toast habit fam.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Big coffee is quittable. Big 'Cado is non negotiable

12. Buck Turgidson

lul..."big coffee"

Ubiquitin likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get out of the 90s dude

It's bout Dunkin coffee

Ubiquitin likes this.
  14. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I've never had it either, but I can't stand even the smell of coffee.

Jontro likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

Well, now that's just weird.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Are you even human?! :eek:

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I buy Trader Joe’s coffee beans, grind them each morning and make them in my fancy coffee maker from the Netherlands. 99% of the time it makes good coffee.

Dunkin tastes better for regular coffee and Starbucks tastes better for expresso.

But I also only drink 12 oz of coffee each morning. No high caffeine sources otherwise during the day. Too much and I am become paranoid and anxious. Too little and I have a terrible migraine.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Count me in the never had Starbucks crowd.

Grew up poor white trash, and as an adult I'm just not not much of a coffee drinker. Sure as hell not at their prices.

My blood is basically pure Dr.Pepper at this point.

Ubiquitin, Jontro and Nook like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Years ago Starbucks was good for one thing only. If a lady wanted to meet at Starbucks, that almost always led to copulation. No idea why.

Ubiquitin, Ottomaton and Jontro like this.
  20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

My uncle was a contractor.

When going on bids he always had a long sleeve shirt to cover up his prison tats and a Starbucks cup filled with regular coffee. That s**t works like a charm when trying to give off the phony air of affluence.