1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Why project that Hopkins will get under 8ypc when he just came off 11 yards here, in what was understood to be a down year for the offense as a whole? More importantly Arizona's two leading wide receivers, one of whom is a much older Larry Fitzgerald, both got over 10 yards a catch?

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Never got a chance to chime in on this, but my God is this one of the worst piece of **** trades in the history of sports. There isnt a soul who thought this was coming after the season, and it all hit us like a sack of bricks. I am still at a loss for words at Hop being gone. **** O'Brien.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You're dreamin my man. Fuller runs fast, but there's alot more to playing WR than running fast. Hopkins is HOF calibur thus far, Fuller can't put a whole season together and he's a habitual ball dropper.

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I can see reading comprehension is not your strong suit

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I just want to ask your opinion who the best player is with no qualifiers. Can I get a straight answer? Who's the better football player? Hopkins or Fuller?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're trying to get a legitimate answer from someone who actually just said DeAndre Hopkins who is arguably the best wr in the game will average less than 8 yards per reception. let that sink in and realize how terrible that is.

You have no business being an nfl wr if you reach that point. all of a sudden hopkins will be that guy ok.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I can appreciate what you are trying to say, but I don't think it is in touch with reality. You are arguing that arguably the best WR in the NFL will do a worse job in Arizona than old man Larry Fitzgerald did last season. There's simply no defending that portion of your statement.

When it comes to how important spacing the field is, but in no world would Fuller have a bigger impact on ANY offense than Nuk. I think the best we can hope for is that by some miracle Fuller stays healthy and performs at the level of a decent #2 WR,. Comparing him to a legitimate #1 WR is simply unfair to Fuller especially given that he'll be handicapped by operating in a Bill O'Brien offense even if he manages to stay healthy.

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Hopkins - all day everyday. I merely said that a) should he stay healthy (which he never has), that b) he would be more productive in this offense than hopkins in theirs.

I don't happen to think much of Kingsbury, the QB and the Arizona Offense. I expect a big setback for them next year.

raining threes likes this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Gotcha.

10. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

What is he going to consider "more productive " though

Hopkins will definitely have more recptions. Fullers yards per catch will def be more since all he does is go deep.

Hopkins will have far more attention on him in a much tougher division.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The man has the right to his opinion. Whether we agree or not.

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Kinda funny that Hopkins and Ramsey get to keep their battle twice a year goin...

red5rocket and raining threes like this.
  13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Fitzgerald/Kirk > Stills/Fuller (considering health) IMO.

14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Considering health is a huge part of that. Otherwise I don’t agree. Respectfully. Fuller ignites and offense. Fitz is on his last legs. Kirk and Stills seem equal. IMO.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I thought this was the worst trade in NFL history, but in retrospect, it was just one of the Signs of the End Times.

Revelation 6:3-4
    And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. And there went out a star receiver [that was] gone from blue to red: and [power] was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great hand with which he could catch all the stars in the heavens.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Cardinals have a better offensive plan (theoretically)
    Texans have a better QB
    Texans have easier division (all the defenses in the NFC West are tough)

Honestly, Watson could have an MVP type season and Hopkins retires this year and I still won't like the trade. The same way Clowney not being with a team right now doesn't mean I all of a sudden like the trade. Texans shouldn't be the only team overpaying in trades.

17. raining threes

If Blacklock becomes what we hope he can become and DJ/Cooks stay healthy then I think the Texans will have won the trade, even if Nuk has 100 catches. Also remember the Texans also got what should be a high 4th out of the deal.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Nah! At the point of the trade, Hopkins was arguably the best receiver in the league. Worst case, top five. No disciplinary issues. No behavior issues or distractions. No PUBLIC contract issues. Negotiations should have started at a 1st round pick. As good as Blacklock can be, we should be talking about CJ Henderson or Jerry Jeudy or Ceedee Lamb or Javon Kinlaw or Kenneth Murray.

Analogy: if you sell a Lexus worth $40,000 and sell it for $25,000. That's a bad deal. If you invest the $25,000 and somehow you're able to double that money; it doesn't mean the original sale is now a good deal. It means you COULD have double the $40,000 you should have gotten instead of the $25,000 you got.

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You know we gave them our 4th rounder this year right?

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

And the offense won't drop off as much this year. The defense is what I'm most concerned about. They are worse at Safety, worse at DL, and relatively the same at Edge and CB; when they should have improved. They could have used a lot of improvement on that side of the field. If this season happens, they'll be going against Chiefs, Packers, Ravens, Vikings, Browns, and Bills (with Diggs). All very strong offenses.