1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting...Dream stat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

dischead and D-rock like this.
  2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

bird might be 6th or 7th. he played 9 series in the 4 seasons before they started keeping track for this list. i suppose they chose '83-'84 because there are series before that where they don't have game score. but still the majority for bird had a score. it would appear he led 4 of the 9 series definitively and then it depends on whether he beat moses in the '81 finals for if he won 4 or 5. 4 gets him to 16 and 7th, 5 gets him to 17 and tied for 6th. i would guess his extra assists would push him over moses' points and his extra rebounds/assists would push him over maxwell's efficiency, but i don't know game score well enough to say for sure. some of the series he won had some pretty weak game scores that he was up against (technically one series had andrew toney with a 26 game score, but considering he averaged 19/3/4, i think it's an error in the database).

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i don't know, the west was pretty awful. one year they lost to a 40-42 rockets that still ended up winning the west. in '86 the rockets had 51 wins and were the 2 seed. one year i think they played 3 teams with a combined losing record on their way to the finals.

Caesar likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Caesar likes this.
  5. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

To add to your point, I can't ever recall, seeing a reigning MVP who was literally destroyed by their opposing position player.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Best center of all time. I would take him on my dream team, and I'm ultra competitive and not a homer when it comes to fantasy play games.

Richie_Rich, D-rock and CCity Zero like this.
  7. photojoe

photojoe Member

Hakeem might be the best player of all time and he played from 1984-2001

(I honestly think once you get to top 10 all time there is really no way to differentiate. And Hakeem is undoubtedly top 10 all time, I dn't care what ESPN says)

D-rock likes this.
  8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Sure there is. You can look at advanced metrics. Hakeem was kind of behind other all time greats in offensive efficiency.

I’m so certain he could have developed and 3 and with his movement skills that would have made him unguardable.

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't want to hear about your facts and advanced stats- let me be delusional in my homerism.

Hakeem is the number 1 best player of all time.
    2 is James Harden.
    3 is Clyde Drexler.
    4 is Yao Ming.
    5 is Patrick Beverley before 2017

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Don’t even need to caveat that. Hakeem might be the best player of all time. I wouldn’t put him there but if I had the number 1 pick in an all time draft and took Dream first, I’d be quite happy.

D-rock likes this.