1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

8:46

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Jun 12, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is this 8 mins of Chapelle different than the 6 mins @jiggyfly posted on fb but didn't bother to share the video?

3. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

****ing brutal. My brain cannot comphrend how he masterfully is able to articulate every raw emotion that I feel and yet make me laugh. I have been a fan of his since I was 11 years old and this to me is one of the most powerful speeches I think he has ever done. And without working any of that material to an audience yet is able to perfectly hit all of the notes is something that I just don't know how is possible but amazing to see none the less.

RayRay10, Blatz, FrontRunner and 6 others like this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I really appreciated how he...

1) Dunked so hard on mouthpieces like Candace Owens and Laura Ingram. They really are terrible people who are grievance merchants and aggressively stupid. Owens is particularly disgusting in her victim shaming and victim blaming.

2) Highlighted events that everyone just kind of... glossed over. Chris Dorner and Micah Johnson. These flashpoints that were gigantic warning signals that for some reason got whitewashed and buried.

3) Pointed out some truly heinous and tragic cases of police misconduct that were overshadowed by far more suspect and controversial cases (John Crawford vs. Michael Brown, etc).

RayRay10, FrontRunner, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This should be in future history books.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

wut happen'd with the 2 extra minutes? Directors cut?

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

He has probably worked on that material in private company for a long time.

Just knows his bread and butter and when to test his audience.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Have you watched either video?

This video running time is not 8:46.

KingCheetah, RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  10. lpbman

lpbman Member

To the last point, I'm not sure if the video of Philando Castiles' family in the back of the squad car is new, or just new to me.

I watched it...

I haven't cried like that since my childhood dog died. Absolutely, crushingly heartbreaking.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It’s not new and it’s why it’s probably the most disturbing video Ive ever watched. From the cops screeching in fear as he unloads a full clip into a clearly law abiding citizen, to the women saying you just killed my boy friend, to knowing his poor little girl witnessed everything.

And you know what? Cop was found not guilty.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  12. lpbman

lpbman Member

Not sure we're talking about the same video...

The baby is in pure survival mode, instinct. I just... fu$#%g hell man. That's the best we can do?

nsfl, obviously.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm 100% with Dave calling out the Celebrity obsessed media,
    'Why do I care what Ja Rules thinks?'

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Oh ****, no I've never seen that video. I'm talking about the video of him being murdered, I thought you were saying you didn't notice the child and girlfriend in that one.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

Any of ingraham or candace spoken about their mentions?
    I would have expected them to have played the victim card by now.
    Lemon already praised chappelle, continues to be his favorite comedian.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Everyone should see that video. I remember the first time I saw that video crying my eyes out because I have two daughters that even though I have no connection with that man other than being a father it ****ing kills me that she saw her father killed. And the only thing the child does though after seeing her father shot is comfort the mother and her talking to her is probably the truest form of how beautiful and pure children are but man does that destroy me and has me realize how much I hate us as humans. The fact that the cop got off was probably the one of the worst feelings I've had that a daughter and wife never got justice for their loved one. I hope that man that killed him lives in constant self hatred.

17. Invisible Fan

I watched his blubbering response. Not much he could do w/o looking like a hypocrite.

All I can think was who started that "smug interviewer resting b**** face" you first saw predominantly on Fox News and now on CNN? That white guy asking Lemon and Cuomo took lessons from Carlson and Hannity...why?

**** cable news, but anyone else who consumes it can hopefully educate me on this important pet peeve of mine.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Agreed. I just watched the traffic stop along with the video from inside the police car from the girlfriend and daughter’s perspective, and I’m beyond disgusted, angry and sad. Our world is a messed up place when a cop can kill a law abiding citizen in front of his family over a busted brake light and walk away without going to prison.

It’s way past time to stop putting police officers on pedestals and enabling them to be above the very laws that the rest of us are expected to follow. There was no reason for the cop in that video to draw his weapon and fire it multiple times.

#18 DVauthrin, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    RayRay10, Reeko and Invisible Fan like this.
  19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Wasn't sure where to share this but it's two comedians I respect a lot just talking about racial inequality, peaceful protesters, contrasting POVs of racism from a white guy compared to a black guy and what could be possible misunderstandings of perceived racism. The zoom call cut outs frequently and audio isn't the best but I thought it was all in good faith discussion about a sensitive topic like racism.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I never saw this video, and I wish it had stayed that way.

This is absolutely heartshattering.

RayRay10 likes this.