1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Cuts T-Mac's first season in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jturbofuel, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn shame what happened to this dude...he got worse every year in Houston

it got to the point he could barely shoot 70% from the line...all he wanted to do was shoot outside jumpers with a jumpshot that got worse every year

02-03 T-Mac is my favorite player of all time

it’s too bad he’s a 2nd round virgin (I don’t count him handing out towels, warming the bench, and filling up the water bottles while in San Antonio)

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sad that harden is getting to this point too, oh well it’s been a Hell of a ride!

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember talking major smack to Mavs fans after game 1.

Thanks Tmac for never having our backs. The hype train was insane. No other Rocket will have so much hype joining the Rockets ever.
    That includes Harden. Rockets fans thought we were penciled in the finals. More like scan trons with like 99 questions left blank when time runs out

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The bad back probably got in his head and made him try and be a jump shooter to save his body.

Rockets need to bring back those throwback jerseys I found my T-Mac jersey going through some old clothes last week.

Andre0087 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

all that talent, skill, and athleticism just to be washed before 30

after that 02-03 season, I really thought the league was his...averaging 32 and looking unstoppable at age 23, but in typical T-Mac fashion, the next year he leads a 21 win team and plays much worse than he did the previous season

every training camp his face would look fatter and his body more sloppy like he’d been eating burritos all summer...always signaling to me he was about to be worse than he was the previous year and continue his decline even tho he’s supposed to be in his prime

saleem, BigM and tinman like this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

T-Mac. A man without a team. No one really wants to claim him as one of their own.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i probably watched every minute of every game during that era of Rockets basketball but even now looking at his stats it’s surprising how many games he missed and how freaking young he was when the suckage started. Obviously injuries played a part but he was lazy. Like you said he got fatter and fatter and tried to play it off with that **** beard.

Reeko likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

mergady is an all time goat for detroit

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

a lot of people I know refused to see it back then and would be like “nah, he’s not getting fatter, he’s bulking...that’s increased muscle mass” :rolleyes:...with the rate he was gaining weight, it was only a matter of time before he showed up to training camp with chins

I thought he was gonna do great things in Houston...unfortunately, not even close

it’s like after 02-03, he stopped seriously working on his game and decided to coast

BigM likes this.
  11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

This is another knock of players going from high school to the NBA. The top college programs teach their players proper diet and training and T-Mac could have used that discipline based on his body constantly breaking down.

BigM and napalm06 like this.
  12. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Enjoyed the highlights... in typical CF fashion the thread went downhill from there.

Jturbofuel likes this.
  13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

T-Mac always brings out the worst in this board.

D-rock likes this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

For all that **** Harden gets for allegedly being fat, he actually upped his game literally every season to the best player in the league.

TMAC declined every year he was in Houston

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Don't forget the 22-0 win streak.

Yao Ming clogged the lane. Aaron Brooks was more of liability than winnable asset.

Mcgrady got a easy thirty points.

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Good stuff!

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think if you moved his Rockets teams to the East there would have been multiple finals appearances. Certainly if Yao could have been healthy at the same time. The West was up and down the line brutal in that era. I won’t put all the blame on Tmac but obviously as the best player with a noticeable amount of laziness, he deserves the reputation he has. First round virgin.