1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] 9 man rotation in play-offs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jun 10, 2020.

?

Who will be in the rotation? - Select 1 starter & 4 reserves

1. Gordon [starter]

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Gordon [reserve]

32 vote(s)
    72.7%
  3. Green [starter]

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Green [reserve]

29 vote(s)
    65.9%
  5. House [starter]

24 vote(s)
    54.5%
  6. House [reserve]

20 vote(s)
    45.5%
  7. Thabo [reserve]

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  8. McLemore [reserve]

37 vote(s)
    84.1%
  9. Rivers [reserve]

43 vote(s)
    97.7%
  10. Carroll [reserve]

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JW86

JW86 Member

D'Antoni claims him and Morey think a 9-man rotation is best and even though I think we should get 10 deep at least given MDA's tendency to leave a guy like Thabo on the sidelines even though Carroll hasn't proven anything yet. Anyway, who you got, starters and reserves? Last 10-20 games we went with Westbrook, Harden, House, Tucker & Covington. The most used reserves were Gordon, Rivers, Green and McLemore.

For me the loyalty to House has to stop and it's time to start Jeff Green so Convington & PJ man the forward positions. Green is actually tall and is perfect for the pick-and-roll since he can dunk, take long steps and is a very decent passer with solid vision. Then my bench would be Gordon, Thabo & McLemore. House or Rivers depending on match-ups. Carroll can see some time if Thabo & House stink the place up or we need to play big.

We know the following 4 are locks as starters: Westbrook, Harden, Tucker & Covington so decided only to allow to vote on the rest.

s3ts likes this.
  2. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Does anyone know if we’re eligible to sign Gerald Green?
    (if he’s even healthy)

3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Can't sign Green since we traded him this year. Will be able to re-acquire him (sign or trade) next February

As for the rotation, I imagine we roll out the following:

Tucker/Green
    Covington
    Gordon/House
    Harden
    Westbrook/Rivers

Against a Denver or Portland (high scoring teams with suspect defenses), you go with BMac. In a defensive struggle (Clips or OKC), you go with Carroll or Thabo.

Mike seems to prefer Thabo but I hope that Carroll gets a crack at the rotation - he's been a key rotation piece to playoff teams much more recently and has more in the tank imo (can finish off dribble, more athletic, better shooter)

4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Is D-Mo eligible to be signed?

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He knows his rights.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

If MDA had since he would use all of them.The five starters and d house ,jgreen,Rivers,Carroll,BMac, and Clemons use all that he has and let's not forget about Thabo, Chandler and Hartenstein all these player can help if this is not going to be a one and done issue.

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I have House still starting. I believe House was the only Rocket truly slumping in the 4-game losing streak
    of the last 5 games played. Slump should be out of his system by now. Also think Gordon should play better
    since losing weight; but is best served coming off the bench and giving our second squad some juice.

House serves a role of, “The Short Roller,” in the Rockets system. (per article link)
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...run-pick-and-roll-without-traditional-roller/

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Might as well sign Vspan

lnchan likes this.
  9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Who is better dmo or tjones

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

6-9 I think is obvious, Gordon, Rivers, Mclemore

Last spot, depends on the matchup

11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Westbrook/Rivers
    Harden
    House/Gordon
    RoCo/Carroll or Thabo
    PJ/Green or Chandler

I think those are the 9 man rotation options going forward. Rivers and Gordon will split almost all of the back up 1, 2 and 3 minutes. Backup forward and center minutes are up for the veterans to claim during the last 8 regular season games. Obviously the choice between Green and Chandler is up to scheme and match up.

Unfortunately, I think McLemore’s defense will keep him off of the court during the postseason. Teams will work switches to take advantage of McLemore whenever he is on the court. Good teams started taking advantage of him before the season took a break so I expect it to continue.

12. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Can we sign Hartenstein?!

tinman, Williamson and RasaqBoi like this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

We can sign green under the new green rules. Any player high as **** can play. Gerald Green you’re the next man up.

Scarface likes this.
  14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I’m hearing he’s going live on Chaturbate with rockets cheerleaders during the games.

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

keeping at least 9-man rotation thruout the playoffs >>>>>>>>>> keeping the same 9 specific players in the rotation

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I support this message.

Scarface likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden/EGo
    Russ/Rivers
    PJ/House
    RoCo/Demarre
    Green/Bruno

McLemore, Thabo and Harty are next up depending on matchups, injury or lack of production with above.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member