1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. mulletman

mulletman Member

I got out at $55 when I thought it was heading down. It fell to $50 and then took off.
    When it reaches $100 tomorrow, maybe I’ll join you.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I got out at around $25 after doubling my money thinking it had run too far considering they don't even have a factory to build their trucks yet and probably won't have a product until next year... it's tripled since then. This reminds me so much of the dot com bubble. lol. It's sad I didn't stay in because I really had good feelings about the company, but damn, there were call options trading a few minutes ago higher than $25 which was the STOCK price about 3 weeks ago.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If you could peek ahead 10 years from now it would probably blow our minds.

It’s so easy to look in the past and say of course that company would blow up and dominate. Hard to do otherwise.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Probably. And this thread will probably document it. lol. It's insane... it's still going up after hours... it's up another 10-14%.

5. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

I got into CHK at $45.30. Shot up to $72 and trading was halted numerous times. I sold some of my position at $58.

Then I sold the rest at $68. Nice flip, but could’ve made a lot more if I played it right. Still getting the hang of all this.

A win is a win though.

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man wth, it's closing in on $100.... Well at least you didn't sell calls at 0.25 for $55 strike... I'm pretty sure that was the low someone got in on iirc when I was curious about it after the jump.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

NKLA just hit $94 and is finally getting a bit of a sell-off.

HTZ is up 115% today... LOL. Garbage season is in full-swing.

CCity Zero and noscrusir like this.
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I saw HTZ absolute craziness. Yeah it pulled back on NKLA after I typed that $100, I couldn't believe 90s hit though.

9. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Can't believe what NKLA is doing. I sold my call today & picked up some shares AH to ride any momentum up. We'll see if this has any staying power, but the consumer vehicle announcement this early has put a lot of traction behind this. I can certainly see retail interest in jumping on board for anyone who missed out on TSLA initially. Hopefully both companies can push each other towards newer highs.

Kim and Sajan like this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

even JCP doubled!
    Who is buying all this? and with what money?

Kim likes this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's what's so crazy. That truck was actually announced back in February. It's one of the reasons I got on VTIQ so early. This is like "we're taking pre-orders on a truck we already announced and we won't have until next year at the earliest"... stock doubles. lol. And how painful for them to announce the pre-orders will start on my birthday. It's like they're trying to rub it in! :D

But this is the type of truck I wouldn't feel like a dork driving. I'd buy one. Depending on the price. Maybe.

Kim and noscrusir like this.
  12. adoo

adoo Member

from the liquidity generated by the Fed

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

At least they have a reason to go up... Sycamore is in talks to either buy a huge stake in them or buy them out.

Sajan likes this.
  14. Sajan

Sajan Member

i bought it at 0.28 thinking it might spike based on the amazon rumors......
    bag held for 2 weeks at 0.20 or so....i got out thursday and it started mooning. fml.

15. AB423

AB423 Member

I glad I got into NKLA when it was $35, waiting until tomorrow to see what it does. Kicking myself on not getting IZEA today when my friend told me about it at 60 cents, I bought DGLY instead. Still making a profit but would’ve made a killing.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

holy hell. what an absolutely weird 3 months in the market

Sajan likes this.
  19. Sajan

Sajan Member

Man......billionaires are selling bankrupt companies to retail morons. This next crash is going to be worse than the march one.

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

Ya I waited for 20 entry a few weeks ago, I posted it here. Then I didn't want to chase and I forgot about it. Until today......

Look into INUV. Waiting for a good run into the 1-2 range. recovering nicely after a stock offering.

AB423 likes this.