1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Procrastinator's Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Jun 6, 2020.

1. SemisolidSnake

Attempting to do anything resembling looking for a job. I quit on March 3rd, the day before my birthday, after over 12 years working with/for/against my dad, and I just haven't done anything at all regarding trying to find a new one. Not that I have any clue how my skillset will translate to a new job. And I haven't really tried to figure it out either. Been pretty damn lost and feeling the full effects of 12 years of burnout.

He also owes me a lot of money in back salary and expenses (over six figures), and I've been putting off tabulating all that and putting together a payment plan. Just thinking about it makes me head hurt...so I don't.

I also have like 5 different self-help books I've partially started reading to try to get me moving in various directions.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

How much you paying for a can of coke though?

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

5 self help books will all likely tell you at one point that doing is better then learning by book

Typical Getting Things Done mantra is to reduce your multi stream thinking into one thread process.

There are different camps for/against to-do lists but the central thing to them is to find your own way to organize them and to provide a way to offload competing threads/tasks from other matters so you can focus on one task.

Quarantine life is also supposed to be the fix-up optimize life. F that, we all overworked. If you don't allow yourself to destress your recovery will take longer.

If anything, this is your time to find what provide meaning outside work to give meaning while working.

Good luck and with all of that, try not to dull your edge too much.

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

y ∝ 1/x

x = procrastination
    y = workload

x=z

z=posting on Clutchfans

#24 Xerobull, Mar 4, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I must have been exaggerating then because I definitely care even less today.

6. Buck Turgidson

Took you long enough to give us this update.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've been meaning to respond to this thread...

Xerobull likes this.