1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And...Back to this case with a preliminary hearing today

William Bryan told investigators he heard Travis McMichael use a racial epithet after fatally shooting Ahmaud Arbery in Glynn County, Georgia, a Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent testified Thursday during preliminary hearings.

Bryan told police McMichael said "f***ing n***er" after three blasts from McMichael's shotgun left Arbery dead in February the streets of the Satilla Shores nerighborhood, Assistant Special Agent in Charge Richard Dial said.

The allegations came as Dial outlined the events that led to Arbery's death and told the court that before Arbery was shot, the three men charged in his murder engaged in an elaborate chase, hitting the 25-year-old jogger with a truck as he repeatedly tried to avoid them......

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/us/mcmichaels-hearing-ahmaud-arbery/index.html

AleksandarN, mdrowe00, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Roddy already singing like Whitney Houston just as I predicted...he’s been doing everything possible to try and distance himself from the murderous McMichaels

wouldn’t be surprised if he had some very incriminating evidence on the McMichaels that he’s turning over in order to get a lesser sentence

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It’s crazy how we all forgot about this case

mdrowe00 likes this.
  4. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...well, DUH.

...what's that got to do with anything?
    ...who doesn't say that nowadays?;):D

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah...
    Just scrolling through news sites, the preliminary hearing popped up. It probably would have been plastered across in big banners if not for Floyd.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Racial slur, yeah yeah... but William Bryan hit Arbery with his truck? Shouldn't that be the headline? That means the assault did not begin when the McMichaels finally cornered Arbery and he tried to wrest away the gun. The assault begins with the side swipe by the truck before the video starts. I already thought Arbery was justified in trying to defend himself from some menacing men chasing him, but all the more so because one of them had already attacked him. Also, Bryan is not some kind of 'lesser conspirator.' He might catch a break by testifying for the prosecution, but he is every bit as culpable as the two McMichaels for the murder.

Now I don't know if the dachuda jorje types are still posting in this thread and I don't mean to find out, but I do recall an argument that Arbery attacked Travis McMichaels when he tried to grab the gun. Doesn't that argument get blown to smithereens if, instead of two men wanting to have a conversation while enjoying their second amendment rights, the scenario is 3 men in a coordinated pursuit and one of them succeeds in hitting Arbery with his car (what is that, assault with a deadly weapon?) well before Arbery makes any attempt to fight back?

Not really forgotten, but a lot of crap has happened since. I've have heard people drawing connections between Cooper in NYC and Floyd in Minneapolis and Breonna Taylor in Louisville, and I remember thinking, What about Arbery? Honestly, there are so many names. It is intolerable.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The media cycle is crazy fickle and brief.

Without the internet, this story would be progressing normally.

8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

They need to be charged with a hate crime. **** them and any person who defends them after this.

What do you have to say now?
    @dachuda86 @Senator @generalthade_03
    @Trader_Jorge

DVauthrin, Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I didn’t and I won’t.

DVauthrin, Reeko, amaru and 2 others like this.
  10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Funny not one peep from the defenders of racists.

mdrowe00, RayRay10 and Reeko like this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

So being hit with the truck was the all important 3 minutes of video all the McMichaels defenders needed to see?

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  12. HROZ

HROZ Member

To act like Floyd or King's police brutality were the only triggers for either of those riots is disengenious.

Arbery & Harlins happening in close news cycles have definitely pushed the anger. And obviously America's history in general.

FranchiseBlade and vlaurelio like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Are we surprised? The M.O. of these racist posters is to make sh*t up to defend their racist POVs, and then when evidence and facts come to light that destroy their already stupid talking points, they ignore them or disappear.

will @bigtexxx @Trader_Jorge @Senator and all the other racists on here comment on these new facts...probably not

instead, what u might see them do is post an unrelated story about black crime, or continue to bring up the victim’s past while not addressing any of the new facts

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

With all that’s recently come to light, is it possible to now get hate crime charges for the McMichaels as well?

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I might be wrong but, unless GA has a hate crime provision, I think it would have to be elevated to federal...which I don't see happening.

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Since you posted this in another threat(Why are people racist) just now @Trader_Jorge. Explain this again

Reeko likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Reeko likes this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

@Trader_Jorge defend your klan!

bobrek likes this.
  19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Joking, they say:

Big wide nosed breathing all the white man's air. They crack smoking swindlers, think they the best dancers and eat up all the chickens...

Clayton Bigsby

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

He is too much of a coward

RayRay10, Sweet Lou 4 2 and Reeko like this.