1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grant Napear fired

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Yeah man, a friend of mine works in a highly conservative industry and despite these white guys making six figures for sitting on their azzes all day, driving around in company cars, buying lunch on their corporate cards regularly, and having fat pensions waiting for them, they can’t stop yapping about how Obama stirred up race relations, and how they feel as white men they are being oppressed throwing out the line how they are wrong color and that’s why they can’t get any higher up. It’s absolutely absurd.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

I read this somewhere. “You don’t go to a breast cancer awareness event and scream all cancers matter” right now blm the most.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Kings are racist. Padres are pedophiles. And the Rockets are dicks.

4. Cherenqueco

Cherenqueco Member

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider reliable and credible sources of news?

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know so many of these damn guys...

Nook likes this.
  6. omgTHEpotential

That's a good analogy.

MONON and Richie_Rich like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

Also, to claim that your Christian upbringing taught you all lives matter. Are you insinuating that other religions don't teach the same thing, or preach the same values? I don't know why religion is even being brought up.

BigDog63, Jayzers_100, JW86 and 9 others like this.
  8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Man I can’t wait for the season to resume. It be nice to chat about sports again...

9. raining threes

I'm just telling you the values I was brought with. (Bringing context) I'm certainly not judging other people's values or religion. BTW, more white people are wrongly killed by police than black people. We dont have a race issue, we have a cop issue. IMHO

10. raining threes

As this relates to me,

You're incorrect.

11. raining threes

A case of apples/oranges.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. is the issue not a murder infront of the world of George Floyd right now or is it everyone else in the neighborhood.

it's a perfect analogy. you saying this is exactly what people are talking about that is part of the problem. you keep proving it in this thread

#32 YOLO, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

**** that guy. I never liked him on the broadcasts when we play the Kings. Glad he's gone.

14. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

WRONG FORUM

B-Bob likes this.
  15. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

16. Nook

Nook Member

What percentage of the population is white and what percentage of the population is black? How is that reflected in the chance of being a victim of police violence?

What is the average income of a black family compared to a white family?

There is certainly income inequality and a number of other factors that support that there is a racial problem in the USA.

CallMeTheDream, UTSA2step and YOLO like this.
  17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Since you're Christian spot Luke 15 bro. Parable of the Good Shepherd. Just cause he leaves the 99 for a bit to go help the 1 missing doesn't mean the 99 don't matter. He just needs to go help the one that needs it most. All lives don't matter till black lives matter.

18. Cherenqueco

Cherenqueco Member

19. TimDuncanDonaut

Old racists are better, staying off of Twitter and Facebook completely.

Sometimes sjw overreach, other times Cancel Culture is going to catch the correct cod.

raining threes likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'd never heard about his politics or offensive remarks in the Kings org. Interesting.

Have to admit, I've occasionally listened to a Kings game and I thought he did a decent game. Also heard him host the Jim Rome show a couple of times, which is really surprising in retrospect. I liked him hosting b/c he would talk sports, do interviews, and not do insider jokes and sound effects for 3 hours.

"All Lives Matter" is a pretty stale retort in context. It's like going to the first judo move you learned in junior high but now you're a fat, middle-aged white guy with a back issue and nobody is even coming at you. They're trying to just have a conversation and you go to shoulder throw because it worked for you once in like 1988.

The image that @Juxtaposed Jolt posted above was about perfect.