1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Cuts Rockets stun Clippers in LA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jturbofuel, Jun 2, 2020.

1. HROZ

HROZ Member

All the conference finals we have got to?

2. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

you're welcome

Rashmon and htwnbandit like this.
  3. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

I will always remember the Rockets being a few bounces away from winning both games in Oakland. The way the team laid down in game 3 made no sense to me. Plus in hindsight the turnover fest by Harden in game 5 should have been a sign that he was done being coached by McHale. It set the stage for what the 15-16 season eventually became.

htwnbandit likes this.
  4. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

1977 vs Philadelphia in the East; lost in 6
    1981 vs Kansas City; won in 5
    1986 vs LA Lakers; won in 5
    1994 vs Utah; won in 5
    1995 vs San Antonio; won in 6
    1997 vs Utah; lost in 6
    2015 vs Golden State; lost in 5
    2018 vs Golden State; lost in 7

lilbird20 and HROZ like this.
  5. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I am Brazilian and we are natural "rivals" of Argentina.
    But MAN, how I loved Argentinian BB players.

Scola, Prigioni, Ginobili, Delfino, Nocioni...
    No wonder they beat the USA in 2004 Olympics. Take that!

basso and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Luck happens sometimes when when your best play is "play harder, don't let the ball get sticky".

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dream led 4 of those, Moses 1 and Harden 2.

Rockets only 3 MVPs.

Well 4 MVPs - Moses had 2.

basso likes this.
  8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Moses led that '77 team as well. and most folks here probably don't know that Rudy T played on both the '77 & '81 teams, although his role was diminished in '81.

D-rock likes this.
  9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

This is a Rockets forum, even if they didn't see him play then I reckon most people here know Rudy T. was an all star player before coaching the team. But yes by '81 he unfortunately was on his last legs, career cut short by that incident in LA even though he came back to make the all star team one more time after.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

my back still hurts from carrying harden

basso likes this.
  11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't know why. To be able to sit on the bench, seemingly without pouting and while still happily cheering on his team at many points shows a lot of maturity... Not to mention that he then came back with a 31, 8, and 7 is pretty solid. Why is it a stain on his career that some of his teammates played OUT OF THEIR ******* MINDS, while the Clippers were utter garbage, for one quarter of basketball?

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't think that team ever had a realistic shot of beating GS, unless we were fully healthy, especially with Warriors #refball. We were missing 40% of our starting lineup by playoff time, if you recall. Donuts (who was a bigger piece of our regular season success that year than Dwight) and Patbev were both out, leaving us with a geriatric point guard rotation, and a relatively 1-dimensional frontcourt.

It's a testament to Harden and that team's heart that they put up as good of a fight as they did... outside of that abomination of a game 3. OK, and a rather mediocre game 5 (the turnovers tho).

lilbird20 likes this.
  13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Moses didn't really become Moses until Rudy went down in the next year. He was just acquired in training camp 1976-77 and he didn't become the #1 offensive option until Rudy went down after the punch. Moses started to do it in the playoffs but you have to remember Moses was just 21 when the Rockets traded for him and had really hadn't come into his own yet. They made the deal trading a #1 pick for him because the coach at the time Tom Nissalke had coached him in the ABA and thought he had the makings of a superstar big man.

basso likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

pretty sure mchale was fired due to the team record and him not clapping hard enough.

15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

That very moment team could win the chip.

16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i like big cuts, and i can not lie.