1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

His whiney personality and lack of dominance in big games is why he cannot be the GOAT.

He is not in my top 5. GOAT has to WIN and not just win but in dominant fashion.

MJ, Jabbar, Russell are top 3 - in no order.

Would also put Magic, Wilt, Dream and Bird over Lebron.

arabrocket, JumpMan and pippendagimp like this.
  2. BigTex

BigTex Member

Looks like Rockets would skip over
    Cavs. Bulls. Pistons. Warriors.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

This is European style relegation... lol

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is there a chance that a team's remaining schedule has too many games against the eliminated teams so they can't complete the 8-game requirement?

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

vincent goodwill is one guy i wish had gotten furloughed. can't stand that meerkat lookin mf'er

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I agree with disliking Lebron’s personality, he’s **** on the Astros too many times now. **** that dude. But personality has absolutely nothing to do with GOAT. Jordan is a pure ******* but probably the best ever.

Anyways Lebron James has 3 NBA finals MVP awards. You don’t actually believe he hasn’t dominated big games right? That’s ludicrous. When the Cavs were down 3-1 against the 73 win Warriors, Lebron went on to average 36.3 points, 11.7 rebounds, and 9.7 assists in the final 3 games to win the championship. That’s a masterful performance. You can dislike the dude personally but his game is GOAT level.

joshuaao and BigggReddd like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

These 8 games are going to be pretty intense for every team. My only question is why the basically 2 months from now till then to start it?

Feels like the sooner they get it over with the better and does it take that long to have them set up at Disney? I'm sincerely asking.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

sounded like a perfect im really bored project, but of course twitter is undefeated lol

10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Best news of the day...Warriors are eliminated.

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Rockets would seem to have one of the toughest schedules if that holds.

GradyMcTracy and Lawlruschang like this.
  12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

best news in a long time. can't wait for July

14. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am looking forward to seeing some basketball again, too, but I just don't like the format. Seems like the format is built to get the Pelicans and Trail Blazers in and the Nets (if Durant stays out) and the Magic out. I bet it will benefit the Lakers in some way shape or form. Ric Bucher heard all of these proposals were put forth by the Lakers and no one got to suggest anything. Look at it, they get two games off and two other games against the hurt and diseased broken Jazz. Hated it!

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

huh. this format by pretty much all means sticks to what was already in place. not sure what there is to complain about when there's little bias to begin with. who said the lakers were getting two games off. all teams will be playing 8 games. disease broken lol

getting the Pelicans and Trail Blazers in and the Nets (if Durant stays out) and the Magic out doesn't make any sense. There's only one spot in the west that 6 teams are vying for and thats the 8th seed. unless you really think the mavs are going to lose all 8 games. Nah. washington barely has a chance to get in. With that team they would be better off not making it and I don't expect them to

#615 YOLO, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

is the playoffs format the same as usual, w/ no games between east and west until the finals?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

playoff format is the same as it's always been. Conference play with 7 games series in every round. Now taking travel out of the equation, you can add that to list of even playing field that shall be interesting to see how everything unfolds.

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Thanks!

So I wonder. What are they going to do with it? BTW, some teams have already played more games then others. Why should every team play the same amount now? Shouldn't they let every team end with the same number of games played?

Another question. Are they going to shuffle the schedule order? For example, Houston v Toronto is Houston's last game but Toronto's 6th game. That would be very inefficient if Toronto has to wait for Houston's 8th game before they can play their 7th game.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Im assuming that came to a collective agreement regardless of how many games teams have played, 8 was what they agreed upon. Otherwise, we wouldn't be at this point. The logistics probably wouldn't work with some teams not playing as many games as the other. you also take into account that less meaningful games in real time can be seen as a disadvantage. Especially in this type of setting where everyone will need to get used to. Personally, I'd rather the rockets take all 8 games to get things going and take full advantage of their work in progress to figure as much out instead of say 5.

Vincent Goodwin is the only one I've seen that made that claim he tweeted. So some are just going by that for now. Being that its him I mentioned earlier, the actual details and logistics will likely come from elsewhere as its such a vague detail without much follow up.

#619 YOLO, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Easy likes this.
  20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the best homecourt advantage option of the ones mentioned would be the extra coaching challenge. not too gimmicky but gets results. wasn't there a study that most of homecourt advantage was really just the refs being influenced by the home crowd? giving a coach theoretically one extra call seems to do the best job of replicating that (even if you can't say the reason out loud). and they keep talking about the higher seeded team getting the benefit, but shouldn't the lower seed get the extra benefit for games 3/4/6? or do they want it for all 7 games?

hakeem94 likes this.