1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ, Bruno & Harty are 1st Rockets back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, May 20, 2020.

1. jdhi

jdhi Member

This can go on and on...Trez was a throw-in part of that trade...

2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Harden should have took hartenstein to la instead off partying in Miami last summer.

God speed Houston, hartenstein camp, worldwide.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

F off b****.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Players I forgot were Rockets until I watched this video. DeMarre Carroll, Jeff Green and Michael Frazier. God it's been too long.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

incorrect. Morey even said he wanted to keep Trez but the Clippers insisted. We really had no other choice because of cap constraints anyway.

topfive and HP3 like this.
  7. edwardc

edwardc Member

I totally agree go to the small ball game when the lead is big and then run the other team in the ground.

8. bongman

bongman Member

Why does it matter if he is a throw in? If the Clippers demand (which they were right) that he be included, are you going to turn down the trade? So easy to criticize decisions when you have no clue as to what was going down and all your conclusions are just based on what is shared on the media. AMAZING !

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  9. jdhi

jdhi Member

Throw in means that you don't have to be part of the trade....SMH. Last I checked, this is a forum full of 2nd guessers. We've analyzed each trade on this forum. If you don't agree, that's fine. But I'll give my opinion regardless, and will continue to criticize/or praise....and be a fan at the same time.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Educate yourself.

11. jdhi

jdhi Member

You too. Have a good one, lol

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

One freebie is all you get. Learn to feed yourself.

Trez was not a throw in his salary was essential to CP3 trade.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/28/15888580/houston-rockets-trade-daryl-morey-chris-paul-salary-cap

Morey was going all in, the goal was a team built around Harden, CP3 and Paul George.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....pers-in-chris-paul-deal-with-rockets.amp.html

The trade created TWO teams that pushed GSW during the height of their dominance. That is a credit to Morey.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...-Morey-built-two-teams-that-give-13796570.php

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. jdhi

jdhi Member

Hmm....his salary was unguaranteed, so it depends on your perspective (or the article that you read).

https://www.clipsnation.com/2017/6/...luded-in-rockets-trade-package-for-chris-paul

So you are telling me that the great Morey couldn't figure out how to keep a player w/potential? You on the payroll or something?

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The Rockets liked Harrell a ton and wanted to keep him. The Clippers weren't going to give us CP3 just for Bev, Lou, and Dekker. Being a good GM doesn't mean you get to keep every player with potential you like. Jerry West really liked Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. The team loved him and the star potential was clearly there. But OKC wasn't going to accept Gallinari and all of those picks alone, so off he went. I don't think you know how hard it was to pull off a trade of the caliber of the CP3 trade.

15. jdhi

jdhi Member

Guys, he didn't have a consistent role here. He didn't even play every game...definitely didn't play in the playoffs of 2k17. Don't understand what the argument is here. Is it to defend Morey or D'Antoni? He wasn't properly used here (tried to make him a 3 point shooter), wasn't in the rotation consistently (D'Antoni) which helped him being a throw-in in a trade (Morey). Is he a 3-pt shooter today? Or is he a slasher/rebounder/post-up guy with the Clippers?

UNDERVALUED

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Being an 18mpg reserve as a third string center in his sophomore year under Mike D'antoni tells me how much the Rockets valued him. Clint Capela in his sophomore year averaged 19mpg in the regular season and 8.6mpg in the playoffs. Are you surprised that we went with Nene when the playoffs came around when he's an experienced veteran?

I don't know what you're talking about in terms of trying to make him a three point shooter. He attempted 8 threes in his entire career with us. He's attempted 18 threes this season with the Clippers already.

D-rock, HP3 and YOLO like this.
  17. jdhi

jdhi Member

He warmed up w/3-pt contests every home game. && Bullard would make mention of him attempting to improve on it as well. It was the only way that he would get consistent minutes on THIS team.

18. bongman

bongman Member

How do we know this? Were you part of the negotiation and know exactly what the Clippers wanted? Yes, there is a forum of 2nd guessers and how does not make your argument right or wrong?

Yes, we can all share our opinions just as well as provide some light that there is a LOT MORE THAT GOES INTO A TRADE than simply judging/criticizing it with simple standards as TALENT ONLY. You can go ahead and continue using a simple metric to analyze a complex scenario but bear in mind, people will continue to call you out on it.

D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.
  19. jdhi

jdhi Member

All good. I'll continue to reply as well w/my thoughts. Just talking ball, so calling me out (as you put it) is not that serious. We don't have to agree. Whatever goes into a trade, I can respond with my thoughts as a fan. That's what forums are for.

20. dmoneybangbang

Definitely not a throw in, the clippers blog thought he was. Trez was a player the coach should have played more.