1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Christian holding a Bible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, they’re really gonna push the blame onto Ivanka? Yeah, ok...

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I see the Trump is again relying on people not knowing any better.

I have both been hit with tear gas and pepper balls and there isn’t much difference. In fact pepper balls can be lethal in rare cases and as far as I know no one has died from tear gas.

Tear gas is essentially mace. What people assume is mace that they buy online is in fact pepper spray.

The degree of pain and lethality of them are very similar. The duration and extent of pain is similar if not the same.

There is no appreciable difference. They do the same thing with similar success.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Faithful Christian couple going to church.

[​IMG]

KingCheetah, RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

You can really sense the love they have for each other.

6. Carl Herrera

I bet there were people with happier faces in front of the Spanish Inquisition than these two.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  7. Carl Herrera

A president walks through a park:

[​IMG]

8. conquistador#11

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Really winning back those suburban women with Thelma and Louise ' idea of gassing people and sending helicopters to buzz the Wizards arena.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

sorry if posted but the Hitler pic is fake, photoshopped, as confirmed by Snopes.

11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Must be photo shopped I don't see any flames in the background

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is such a staged photo. What is he trying to prove now? The look on his face says a lot.

RayRay10 and AleksandarN like this.
  13. SamFisher

A big **** off NYT for your pathetic Trump coverage and your pathological need to both sides everything till we're all ****ing lying dead in the street with a knee on our neck.
    There's no ****ing both sides here. There's a right side and a wrong side. 'but critics of Mr. Hitler felt his treatment of Jewish citizens was heavy handed...some even used the phrase "crimes against humanity"

All Americans were ****ing horrified. And if they weren't, they're not Americans.

All of this subtle bullshit has normalized and led up to this brutal moment, which if you're counting us 100,000 dead and counting, an econmy in ruins, a government destroyed, and paramilitaries and the army beating us citizens in the streets in response to years of police brutality and violent police escalation

MadMax and RayRay10 like this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The look on his face for this theatrical pose inside a church pretty much says it all. SMH

Buck Turgidson, RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

“You said we were going to KFC”

16. Nook

Nook Member

Trump: “You promised me butt stuff when we married. Over a decade later and no butt action. I bet the leader of China gets ass whenever he wants it.... Even Obama gets butt.”

Melania: “I’d give Obama butt stuff if he asked too.”

Trump: “Smile for the camera. You know what to do in front of the camera.”

dmoneybangbang, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  17. SamFisher

Will Trump award Medals of Honor to the heroes of the battle of Lafayette Square?

The pollen count was high yesterday. Conditions were dangerous and brutal. Have you had to live on Dasani in 72 degree heat? It makes it really hard to swing your riot shield into a crew of Australian journalists like Steve Rogers taking down Hydra guards.

Not sure what Military Police and National Guard units had the honor of taking part along with Arlington County and Park Police but I hope this proud chapter is engraved in their unit insignias for all to see and remember.

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Funny how bad the gas American citizens for the church/bible photo op stunt went over so poorly that all involved are trying to avoid blame...

Esper on Trump church photo-op: I thought we were going to 'talk to the troops'
    In an exclusive interview, Esper also said he had "no idea" about the plan to use force to disperse protesters ahead of Trump's staged visit to St. John's Episcopal Church.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...-op-took-defense-secretary-esper-gen-n1222391

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Covered in the "fired/resigned thread... but really more appropriate here, as a admin member followed his conscious and resigned over trump's "gas American citizens for the church/bible photo op" stunt ...

June 2, 2020

Hon. Mark T. Esper

Secretary of Defense

The Pentagon

Washington, D.C., 20301

Dear Secretary Esper,

I resign from the Defense Science Board, effective immediately.

When I joined the Board in early 2014, after leaving government service as Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, I again swore an oath of office, one familiar to you, that includes the commitment to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States . . . and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same.”

You recited that same oath on July 23, 2019, when you were sworn in as Secretary of Defense. On Monday, June 1, 2020, I believe that you violated that oath. Law-abiding protesters just outside the White House were dispersed using tear gas and rubber bullets — not for the sake of safety, but to clear a path for a presidential photo op. You then accompanied President Trump in walking from the White House to St. John’s Episcopal Church for that photo.

President Trump’s actions Monday night violated his oath to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed,” as well as the First Amendment “right of the people peaceably to assemble.” You may not have been able to stop President Trump from directing this appalling use of force, but you could have chosen to oppose it. Instead, you visibly supported it.

Anyone who takes the oath of office must decide where he or she will draw the line: What are the things that they will refuse to do? Secretary Esper, you have served honorably for many years, in active and reserve military duty, as Secretary of the Army, and now as Secretary of Defense. You must have thought long and hard about where that line should be drawn. I must now ask: If last night’s blatant violations do not cross the line for you, what will?

Unfortunately, it appears there may be few if any lines that President Trump is not willing to cross, so you will probably be faced with this terrible question again in the coming days. You may be asked to take, or to direct the men and women serving in the U.S. military to take, actions that further undermine the Constitution and harm Americans.

As a concerned citizen, and as a former senior defense official who cares deeply about the military, I urge you to consider closely both your future actions and your future words. For example, some could interpret literally your suggestion to the nation’s governors Monday that they need to “dominate the battlespace.” I cannot believe that you see the United States as a “battlespace,” or that you believe our citizens must be “dominated.” Such language sends an extremely dangerous signal.

You have made life-and-death decisions in combat overseas; soon you may be asked to make life-and-death decisions about using the military on American streets and against Americans. Where will you draw the line, and when will you draw it?

I hope this letter of resignation will encourage you to again contemplate the obligations you undertook in your oath of office, as well as your obligations to the men and women in our military and other Americans whose lives may be at stake. In the event that at least some other senior officials may be inclined to ask these questions after reading this letter, I am making it public.

I wish you the best, in very difficult times. The sanctity of the U.S. Constitution, and the lives of Americans, may depend on your choices.

Sincerely,

James N. Miller

James N. Miller served as under secretary of defense for policy from 2012 to 2014. He provided The Post with a copy of his resignation letter, which he submitted to Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper on Tuesday evening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-photo-op-thats-why-im-resigning/?arc404=true

Ubiquitin, AleksandarN, B-Bob and 2 others like this.