1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump retreats to underground bunker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, May 31, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So now trump wants governors to go against the constitution and Supreme Court...

Yung-T and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is this year 1965? Who the hell uses the word "chicom" anymore?

3. Nook

Nook Member

Whatever your political persuasion may be........ what I can say for Obama is that we didn't see the capitol burning down. We didn't see week long national protests and riots.

[​IMG]

Look at this picture...... this was last night in front of the White House...... only several hundred yards from the President.

Does this look like the picture of a successful President that has united the country?

Does this look like the vision of what the USA and has been?

jiggyfly, Yung-T, AleksandarN and 8 others like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will say this: optics be dammed, Trump was right to go into the secure room. All it takes is for one agitator to get into the White House while everyone else is distracted by the chaos outside and we are having a very different conversation today.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trump is a disaster, a pedophile and a coward.

DD

daywalker02, Yung-T and edwardc like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gregg Popovich:

“It’s unbelievable. If Trump had a brain, even if it was 99 percent cynical, he would come out and say something to unify people. But he doesn’t care about bringing people together. Even now. That’s how deranged he is. It’s all about him. It’s all about what benefits him personally. It’s never about the greater good. And that’s all he’s ever been.”

Popovich then took a moment to imagine a different kind of leadership.

“It’s so clear what needs to be done. We need a president to come out and say simply that ‘Black Lives Matter.’ Just say those three words. But he won’t and he can’t. He can’t because it’s more important to him to mollify the small group of followers who validate his insanity. But it’s more than just Trump. The system has to change. I’ll do whatever I can do to help because that’s what leaders do. But he can’t do anything to put us on a positive path because he’s not a leader.

“It’s like what Lindsay Graham and Ted Cruz used to say when they had the courage to say it: He’s unfit. But they have chosen instead to be invisible and obsequious in the face of this carnage. In the end what we have is a fool in place of a president, while the person who really runs the country, Senator Mitch McConnell, destroys the United States for generations to come. McConnell has destroyed and degraded our judicial system. He has tried to destroy heath care. He’s destroyed the environment. He’s the master and Trump’s the stooge, and what’s funny is that Trump doesn’t even know it. Trump’s always wanted to be part of the in-group, but McConnell is an in-group of one and Trump plays the fool.”

Pop then makes clear his opinion that we have a uniquely malignant presence in the White House.

“He’s not just divisive. He’s a destroyer. To be in his presence makes you die. He will eat you alive for his own purposes. I’m appalled that we have a leader who can’t say ‘Black Lives Matter.’ That’s why he hides in the White House basement. He is a coward. He creates a situation and runs away like a grade-schooler. Actually, I think it’s best to ignore him. There is nothing he can do to make this better because of who he is: a deranged idiot.”

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The right thing to do is to resign.

deb4rockets, Yung-T, edwardc and 7 others like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. I agree with almost everything Pop said. The only part I might disagree with is that I think trump is a stooge for more than just McConnell.

Of course, McConnell by himself is bad enough and bent on destroying the country I'm familiar with.

Jturbofuel, jiggyfly, Yung-T and 5 others like this.
  10. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Yeah, because Obama has the whole fake news in his back pocket versus Trump fighting for his political life from day one. It is hard to govern when the other side refused to accept defeats and trying everything to destroy you aided by a corrupt press.

edwardc likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

People who have a picture of themselves jumping up to touch the bottom of a volleyball net.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I hear a lot of excuses, this is a results driven job.

Obama had the Republicans coming after him as well, there were prominent Republicans calling for a Waterloo moment for Obama.

There is more right wing press than ever before, and yet the facts are the facts.

The country is in complete turmoil, there is insurrection several hundred yards from where the President sleeps. There are nation wide riots going on a week with no end in sight. The President has been sent to the bunker under the White House.

This hasn't been a successful Presidency....... he still has 4-5 months to see what he can do.

Yung-T, AleksandarN, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I remember correctly the US military cannot be used domestically in states without the approval of the governors of those states. Also under Posse Comitatus the military cannot be used for law enforcement purposes.

Sweet Lou 4 2, Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  14. generalthade_03

Someone needs a remedial lesson here about the ChiCom. WinnieTheFlu fancied himself even greater than the all time mass murderer Mao. Don’t believe me, take your head out of the sand for a moment and look around the world and the footprints of these ChiCom bastards are all over it. Don’t take my words for it, ask a dozens of China experts and watchers, they will tell you the same thing. These ChiCom have been at war with us and the West for the past 30 years. They were pretending to be part of a civilized world back then, but now, they think they’re ready and stop pretending. But hey, keep bury your head in the sand if that makes you feel any better.

15. Nook

Nook Member

This is correct, but the law has not been an impediment to anything else the President has wanted to do.

Having said that, if the military is deployed by the President (and they follow his command), God help us all.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  16. generalthade_03

Did Obama have to deal with impeachment from day one? He was the one that should have impeached! Let’s us start with Benghazi amongst his other treasonous crap.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Again I keep hearing excuses.

The President brought the problems he has faced upon himself with his own actions.

Let's see what the President can accomplish in the next 4-5 months..... but right now he has led the Republic into a smoldering mess.

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Buttery males?

19. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Senate Republicans cleared the administration of any wrongdoing in regards to Benghazi

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.