1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Minnesota Riots [may 2020]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, May 28, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

I'm doing nothing of the sort.

Protest good. Riot bad. I'm not sure how many people have to say this how many times for you guys to stop using it as some sort of defense mechanism.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sh*t I wish that many people had a voice / was the case.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

lol, where magical Obama to calm His People down? :rolleyes:

The current president could do what you want the last president to do. Or maybe tweet something useful for the very fine people on both sides...

4. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Yup. Can't stand that BS. Oh you are driving down the highway with cash in Tennessee? We think you are a criminal. You can go but the money stays. Such BS.

Nook likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Good point.

I believe the words you are looking for are "give a ****".

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Getting choked out by a knee on your neck isn't an underlying health condition. It's murder. It doesn't matter if that guy had high blood pressure, diabetes, or freaking cancer. It's murder.

DVauthrin and Junebball like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

America measures voices in dollars, not people who give a sh*t.

People generally stop giving a sh*t when the elected officials systemically don't represent them. It's why congressman is the most distrusted profession in the entire country, beating out even the used car salesmen. They say all the right things, but those sweet sweet dollars given becomes mightly more attractive than the sh*ts given.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

At one point I thought the news was about rockets legend 'sleepy floyd' instead of George Floyd.

No one wins in tragedy.

God speed Minnesota, Houston, worldwide.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Agree. I'd go as far as I don't care if he was in the middle of a binge which stressed his body...you CAN'T put your knee on a person's neck...Period. It is murder and the cops that just stood by and let this happen without saying a word are all guilty just as I would be guilty of murder if someone dies and I'm just the getaway driver waiting in the car.

Now what I don't get are
    1) The riots in the other cities. There are so many people wearing the uniform that do us a solid EVERY day. They put their life on the line so that you and I can have peace. These are the same people that are getting bottles and rocks thrown at them for something a raciest cop did a 100+ miles away. Wearing the uniform does not make you all alike. Do you want to be associated with Trump because you work in the government? Police need to do a better job of weeding out the people that shouldn't be cops so that the remaining ones more easily do their job but most of these police should be commended..

2) Why burn down businesses and public property? What did Autozone, Target, Stop and Shop, etc ever do to make you so mad to break in and burn the place? Punks under the disguise of a valid protester. Just like the cops that stood by and did nothing, the protesters need to take a stand and say Stop or they become guilty by association. While I get the sentiment of burning down the 3rd precinct, you just robbed millions of your tax dollars because guess what - they get a new building now. New office furniture, new supplies, heck maybe a nice cafeteria. Meanwhile, your poorer schools will suffer with budget cuts to pay for it.

3) Why was the response so slow given the video evidence. The Minneapolis police chief is black, The Minnesota AG is black. I just don't understand what stood in their way of arresting all of them. I still don't get how the other 3 haven't been arrested. You'd think if anything, they'd be wanting to right the wrong's swiftly and justly. I'd think the protesters should be outside their homes demanding justice.

11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

It like the 1980s with Beverly hills cops...

I hope there wasn't alot of foul language or obscene language which is considered violation of military code of conduct.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It really feels like the end of the world these days --like we are about to see imminent collapse of US society.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wow. That's powerful.

Flint would be the perfect place to promote healing, too.

Richie_Rich and KingCheetah like this.
  14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

are you tired of winning yet?

Last seasons winners?

Nook likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

**** the pigs. #ACAB
    And y'all upset when the Chicago officer got dragged. Ha! Not so nice when it's on the other foot, is it?

[​IMG]

#495 J.R., May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
    jiggyfly likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nook likes this.
  17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow that’s what a police state looks like.

Nook, superfob and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

This isn’t how you win the hearts and minds. You would think the Armed Forces would’ve learned something from Iraq.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Police around country certainly doing their part to make this about police brutality and not race.

Not sure why or what that means?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I mean police shouldn’t be brutalizing white people either. It’s not like you make this fairer by extending severe police brutality to everyone.

conquistador#11 likes this.