1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"He was not saint, but he didn't deserve to

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, May 29, 2020.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

TBH, this conversation doesn't belong in this discussion. If this was some random black guy who got beat up and lived, that would be a different story.

But what the cop did here was completely excusable. This went far beyond the common claims of police brutality.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Obviously arrested because... rap music. This guy should get a jerb and an education or somethin. Stop being a leach on society, STOP RESISTING! o_O

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Wow. That really was incredible. I can't possibly address all of this but I'll take a bit of it.

All police, of all races, engage pretty much 100% of the time in racial profiling, whether that's their official charge or not.

Cops are more suspicious of black people, so they have more black suspects. They spend more time in black neighborhoods and then they arrest more black people. Do you see what I'm saying at all, here? I mean, what comes first, the chicken or the egg? That's a rhetorical question. Don't worry about it.

So if you're a repeat offender, even if you're detained to the point you can't be a threat, a police officer should be allowed to choke you to death?

Nice enough not to murder someone?

4. jowman

jowman Member

I don’t get the title. So it sucks a man had the life choked out of him, but you are implying his murder In broad daylight is more palatable because he’s been arrested before?

Yung-T likes this.
  5. Senator

Senator Member

Black people commit 60% of violent crime so yes, there will be more black suspects. You are correct there.

Was he being choked? Not really. He was being pressed against the floor for resisting arrest like anyone of any race would be. The fact that he had underlying health issues should have prevented him from committing any crimes in the first place, but you're too afraid to state the obvious. Join the police force, spend 5 years dealing with seemingly innocent situations that go bad, then let me know if you still have the same opinion you do now. You would not.

6. Batman Jones

Sorry, I didn't realize you were a lunatic. Carry on.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You know Senator usually when people post the same themes on this board over and over again they tend to get better at it. Their arguments get stronger, more precise. Yours don't for some reason.

AleksandarN likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Took you this long?

9. Batman Jones

I don't hang out in the D&D anymore. The last couple weeks have been my first time in here in years. I'm hoping it will be a brief stay.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Screw that, we need you around here the next 6 months or so.

jiggyfly and Batman Jones like this.
  11. Batman Jones

You're too kind.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why hasn't this **** stain been banned yet?
    I get free speech, but we don't need to give a platform to open racists who condone manslaughter.

Reeko, JayGoogle and vlaurelio like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Not at all. You add good things to the general discourse.

Gotta ignore those trolls though.

Batman Jones likes this.
  14. Senator

Senator Member

Palatable? The facts of life are the more you interact with cops in a confrontational manner, the more likely you are to run into problems. You repeatedly break and enter into places, point guns at people, the same old.... yeah this was a "smaller crime", but his initial reaction to the cops stemmed from past incidents. There are racist cops like there are racist doctors, engineers, athletes of all races. But I guess it's ok when Yuli Gurriel does it because he's a minority, right? Black - police confrontations keep happening because an entire community justifies crimes based on slavery ... while other groups accept the past is the past and you are held accountable for your actions today.

This cop will be tried and likely convicted, racist cops in the past have been tried and convicted, but the fact is the next incident will still happen because people keep committing crimes and then blaming the police or white people or obama or trump ... it won't matter when you don't check yourself. Isn't that what you would teach your kids?

#74 Senator, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  15. Senator

Senator Member

I'm not here to argue anything - all I do is point out the obvious. You'll always be a loser because you're too afraid to accept it, and that's on you, not me. People who actually want to help can read this thread and see that yeah... things are the way they are for a reason. They'll just step away and let the same toxic community eat themselves from the inside out while acting smug about it. Good luck to you.

16. Senator

Senator Member

What about the criminal? Was what he did excusable?

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The obvious, as has been pointed out before by some of your other beliefs, is that you do not believe in the basic idea of this nation.

So now we learn that you are also against due process.

For me, personally, this man could have been accused of raping 50 children and he still would deserve his day in court as long as he gave himself up peacefully to the police...and he did.

Yung-T likes this.
  18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I think you should check your own link. Seriously I thought you were smart. Third point in the link

jiggyfly and Yung-T like this.
  19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again with the link you provided

jiggyfly and Yung-T like this.
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again stop with the alt right talking points. Take that to that other message board you visit.

Yung-T likes this.