1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you choose: 5 terms (20 yrs) of Dubya or 1 term (4 yrs) of Trump?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fadeaway, May 29, 2020.

?

What would you choose: 5 terms (20 yrs) of Dubya or 1 term (4 yrs) of Trump?

1. 5 terms of George W. Bush as president

31 vote(s)
    77.5%
  2. 1 term of Donald Trump as president

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  1. IBTL

IBTL Member

guy that used blood of 9/11 and wmds to incite a ridiculous war on uninvolved sovereign nations money grab for him and his cronies OR a narcissistic piece of sh**it that has access to the nuke codes?

I think I will take the cyanide.

I was at a golf tournament with h bush there and besides the decorum of the moment I thought to say something to him about wmds but he was so frail in wheelchair and I felt a strange pity.

F*uck them and their entire situation. Never forget? Yup many of us wont and 9/11 is a day that will live in infamy. How those people were desecrated even trump isnt that sick. W bush was part of a group and their whole gig was to cash out. And boy did they ever. This board supported him and was much more repug than it is now.

You had posters ( who didnt make a cent on it yet should have ) and the blood is all over them from 9/11 @basso

Do you think it is 'right' to take a tragedy like 9/11 and use that as a vehicle to make money? I cant think of anything more sick..

Besides mohammed atta something like 17 of the 19 hijackers were saudi.

Just recent it has been shown DIRECT link between saudi gov and 2 of the hijackers based in the LA cell:
    https://news.yahoo.com/in-court-fil...ting-support-for-911-hijackers-224555851.html

Oops ! Now buried in an addendum 20 almost 20 years later. Noice!

Now that you are old enough to realize that we invaded iraq based on 911 and wmds and a false pretense to gain financial windfall for halliburton and oil industry and I am showing you how saudi is linked do you think it 'wasnt right' for me to be hard on w and hate his guts?
    Maybe you should ask the shills that did or didnt get paid for it @basso but yet fought so hard for it. SHAME BLOOD SHAME SHAME

Trump is a terrible person but the amount that walked out the door to halliburton in that period and similar no bid war contracts but most importantly using 9/11 blood to promote it is about as sick as it gets man.
    I cant speak for others here but 'wasnt right' is statement of the year in terms of 9/11 profiteering.

I was talking to the governor of hawaii at the time cayetano and I asked him about gore or bush. He said that "gore was kind of guy you go on a camping trip with and bush was the kind of guy you go drinking with. I will leave it at that"

So maybe he is cool enough to hang with but I will beat the drum of bush being part of a sick sick sick group of individuals. I do not believe 9/11 was orchestrated by bush but the system was in place that he ultimately was the 'lead' on that was waiting to jump on a way to enrich big oil and halliburton and similar. Boy did they ever and they had the sickest move you could think of and that was to make money from 911.
    Oil was over 100 by late 2007 when it had been at 30s in 2001. Bush was a good soldier to oil and govt contractors.

These guys cashed out pump and dump style.

Lump other posters here all you want but Im not sure I would take w bush after what he did. Sure he was a better placeholder presidential but tell that to 4424 mothers who lost their son or daughter in the iraq war.

I will wear the badge that says " f*uck bush"

NEVER FORGET (dang sure does seem like many even here have ..barf )

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Politically, GWB was a bad president. However, like most every other president I can point to good things he did or attempted to do. I can also point to a basic goodness about him and most of those around him. Especially his family (both parents, his siblings, and his children). And I can point to his past presidency life.

trump, on the other hand? I can't point to any single good thing he has done. More important, I can't point to a basic goodness around him. On the contrary, everything he does and is reflects corruption. Including his family (with the possible exceptions of Tiffany and Barron). And once he leaves office, that corruption will continue.

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

GWB easily. Trump is taking us 100 years back. A vocal racist that spills hateful ideologies that stupid people eat up.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That’s a question that is already answered really. There’s virtually no difference in what you see from Reagan to Bush sr. to W. Maybe Bush sr. was much more stable of the three but he still was cut from the same system that gave us Trump. A system that started with Reagan that:

-Built a system of believing that government is bad and money/power to the rich is good
    -creating the legal precedent for corruption through the courts
    -built the reliance on foreign oil that has kept us in the Middle East and led to the Bush wars we are still in.
    -Created a Justice system culture with Bill Barrs hands all over every major Republican scandal and turning laws into excuses for racial targeting
    -Establishment of Party tied propaganda network that has led to the mind pollution of half of America and turned the country against each other through disinformation

So imo Trump is just a continuation and a ramping up of what Reagan started. You can argue Nixon started it himself but really Reagan was the one who gave it the horsepower through the courts and the infrastructure put into place on his watch.

Trump could have easily ran as a Democrat and maybe had a chance, but he saw the Reagan started machine that he couldn’t resist. You mean I get to be an open racist??... sign me up-Trump.

I know the purpose of the question and I’m leaning towards one term of Trump but the question is like asking if I’d rather get Cancer vs being hit with a blow torch.

You only know the answer when you know the outcome. A lot can happen in these next few months to change our mind that this one term of Trump is worse because of the where we end up in the end but make no mistake... Trump is just the chapter that follows the Bushes that started with Reagan.

RayRay10 and subtomic like this.
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

How many years in does Cheney’s heart fail?

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The tone set by Trump isn’t going away when he’s gone. In fact Fox News is likely to get even worse if you can somehow imagine that. He will be calling in to their shows multiple times a week and every day will be tan suit x 1000.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

One term of Trump. Something like 50-100 military deaths tops in any year between Fall of Saigon and 9/11, and we weren't spending trillions of dollars to do it while watching the banking system collapse. I don't need to find out what Clayton Williams would have done being enabled with three more public mandates. It'd be nice if there was a third option to disenfranchise all the Trump voters because honestly **** every last one of them.

RayRay10 and SamFisher like this.
  8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Who cares if people talked s*** about Bush back then? Trump is clearly worse. 5 terms is a little excessive. I’m not sure if OP meant we have to get an additional Trump term or not. If he simply means we have to ride this out until November; then yeah I would take 6 more months just to get it over with

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

At least you’re consistent on W, can’t say that to a lot of neuroscientists around here!
    You’ve just proven my point. Flip plopping on someone or something will make you lose credibility.

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this extreme antipathy to the voters of the other party is new in american politics, at least in my election memory, which stretches back to Goldwater vs LBJ. certainly, voters have always hated the opposition politicians, and my disdain for Obama (and Trump) is well documented. but this is unhealthy. in my mind, it began in 2008, with Obama's comments about republicans and values voters, and is almost entirely a feature of the left. again, my view, and i'm sure one of you will provide an example showing how wrong i am.

the internet and its accompanying anonymity is largely responsible, and it's no accident that antifa wear masks.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It's new because you elected a Captain Planet villain based on your reality TV viewing preferences. You owe us a damn country for once again wanting to stick it to dark and different; which, by the way, has been happening here for centuries and is actually a ****load more "unhealthy."

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. basso

Supporting Member

i voted for the pothead who didn't know where aleppo was. i don't owe you anything.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

what's his body count compared to Trump? How do you factor in human life

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Remove Cheney from Bush's administration and I'd be more inclined to go with Bush. I think Bush was a useful idiot for Cheney and primary cause of going to war with Iraq. You'd still have your cuts to programs like Medicare and Medicaid and still the Bush tax cuts, but it's small potatoes compared to Trump who has already cut funding to Medicare and Medicaid and implemented similar tax cuts as Bush did.

I think the better question is would you go for 8 years of Obama knowing you'd get 4 years of Trump to follow up after? Trump getting elected is blow back from all the poor white people in the nation that feel left behind and sense emerging population and social status increases among minorities. No Obama and instead replace him with a generic white Democrat instead and we probably wouldn't have Trump winning in 2016.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

So you wasted a vote in obvious half-assed support for Trump and whole-assed support for repealing public education and civil rights legislation, and my time with these last two whiny and equivocating posts.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. basso

Supporting Member

glad to be of service.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

When did you get the right to criticize a persons right to vote? For those who think Trump is a dictator, many of you act no different than him.

basso likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This not a good hypothetical. Trump accelerated the descent of the GOP but the white supremacism, the authoritarian bent, the rejection of science and facts,the continuous redistribution upward to the plutocracy, the needless cruelty - these things have been features, not bugs, of the GOP for decades starting with Nixon and Reagan, but were hallmarks of the W era.

Trump is the most horrific product of their corruption to date, but it's not just him.

There's a lot more W era movement conservatives who have willfully become full throated Trumpist fascists than there are Lincoln projectors, and seemingly nothing, not mass death or economic ruin or betrayal of the country to despots and the corruption of the Republic will sway them.

It's not the leaders, it's those who enable them. They should be ashamed of themselves.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. adoo

adoo Member

W was an incompetent POTUS, but had the best interest of American in mind.

the Mobidly Obsese orange hair has been just as incompetent and,

he doesn't give a bleep about the best interest of American. he only cares about the best interest of himself​

20. basso

Supporting Member

are Antifa white supremacists?