1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The View from the Ground: George Floyd Protests

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 28, 2020.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Edit: I need to lookup some stuff to check this.

2. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Dude, I know our president and a few here on this forum have been completely irrational when discussing China and the coronavirus, but if you feel any sympathy for the victim or the community, this isn't the way to show it. In the long run, posts like you made aren't going to help your cause,

3. dmoneybangbang

The looting and destruction undermines the message. I am a pretty big “**** the police” type of person but this is bad optics.

B@ffled and vlaurelio like this.
  4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The corollary to this is, "if you commit enough crime, then you'll be treated as a criminal".

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya that's the view held by racists over this particular subject (black crime and poverty) who think causality doesn't exist over the past 400 years.

HakeemOnlyFan and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

You have not seen his posts bro. This is a little pink working for WinnieTheFlu, he is here to post propaganda for the ChiCom and crap on America. Don’t fall for his tactics, you’re a lot smarter than this unless you just want to make it out that I’m a hypocrite of some sort. First of all, where do you get that I’m overly concerned with the destruction of property here in Minneapolis and praised the HK protesters destroying private property? I have not given my thoughts on both scenarios so don’t put words in my mouth based on the response I gave to that 70 cent soldier. If you want my opinion then we’ll have a dialogue.

7. fchowd0311

You felt more compelled to bring up your thoughts about property destruction when it was poor black people doing it rather than Hong Kong rioters. You can' be excused here for merely not expressing an opinion because you've participated in Hong Kong protest threads and never condoned it while you condone it here.

Maybe this is an opportunity for you to have some introspection and understand your implicit biases.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

They got the whole PD at the fired cop's house. Nobody is defending the businesses from being trashed.

9. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

The majority of people I've seen on TV running out of the store with TV's under their arms where white. How do you reconcile that?

It's a shame that the looting going on might distract from the core issue which needs to be addressed. I hope the cop who had his knee on the guys neck gets Murder One. He had nine minutes to let him up for air. Predicated murder can happen within 9 minutes, IMO.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LEO Chauvin doesn't live in Minneapolis. He lives in a suburb of St. Paul. The LE there are most likely Oakdale PD.

That said LE patrols here in South Minneapolis are down. Seeing the 3rd Precinct they are literally under siege and already has several of their vehicles damaged.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They should have all showed up with AR15s and anti-tank weapons

Rocket River

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  12. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Here you again, you’re still in that accusatory mode and expect an honest dialogue? Where the hell do you keep getting that shiet about poor black vs HK protesters out of my one reply to that commie troll? You want to have an honest dialogue or just spewing crap again? Dialogue always begins with good faith and not accusations. I disagree with plenty of your takes, but I never accuse you of what’s in your heart. You have a right to believe what’s in your heart but you won’t let others have the same right like you?

B@ffled likes this.
  13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Don't recall seeing any mass looting in the hk protests.

I expect and can forgive/tolerate a certain & limited, amount of public destruction in any protest. But once it becomes an excuse for wanton destruction and looting, those people need to be arrested and charge.

14. fchowd0311

So why didn't you condone the destruction of property in the HK threads when you care about it here?

Your post history for me makes me not have the benefit of the doubt with you. I can't help how your comments and post history shape my opinion of you.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think there was a lot of looting in HK but there was a lot of property damage. A lot of it was from protesters tearing things up such as paving stones to use as weapons.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

Destruction of property is destruction of property.

17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Yeah I definitely remember that and imo while unfortunate is an expected and excepted reality in mass protests. I think the red line is when the protesters becomes rioters and looters. Which I believe the hk protesters may have crossed in terms of rioting on a couple occasions. Which in my opinion doesn't benefit anyone.

#37 blahblehblah, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Who are “these groups” that you speak of?

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Looting is looting, murder is murder, violence is violence, grapes are grapes, oranges are oranges. The hangout is the hangout, debate is debate and discussion is discussion. Fin

20. fchowd0311

So are you implying that looting is morally less justified than destroying other people's property?