1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

American Racism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, May 28, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

??

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How do you solve the root problems? You can't go backwards Doc Brown

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I said Hispanics dont post on those issues

IBTL likes this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

It is and it is not going away.

I do think it will continue to exist for all time it will be how race factors in to that will be the concern.

I feel with all countries races and lands coming together with huge progression of tech and global etc I believe in terms of race black white it will go the way of say brazil / Caribbean and you will see more of a mixing of race.
    30 years and a hundred years from now race wil be that much more difficult to discern.. and presumably pure factions of white or chinese , serbian etc or whatever they are mostly of will exist.. like small pockets. Fighting to be that.

My guess at least.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

You provide enough comfort and stability to the children of poor black families in poor urban communties to the point where they look forwards to going to school and trying at school. We've had this conversation before. Poor kids have much more too worry about than kids of well off parents. That burden that poor kids face often is what leads to them not trying at school.

So that means free access to healthcare so their parents aren't going to be in debt just for healthcare. That means law enforcement in these communties should be there to serve these people rather than treating these people as if they are insurgents and they are an occupying force. That means criminal justice reform. That means properly funding public schools so they aren't almost entirely dependent on property taxes.

Those things still don't solve the issue of people calling 911 on black folks for just walking. That seems to be a problem that only time and media rhetoric can solve.

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The government can't do that. That's a parent''s job and that's why I preach it's time to take responsibility

Doesn't matter how the problem started it can't be fixed by the government

Before you argue tell me how the government is supposed to do those things you suggest

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Humans have always been racists because they are tribal creatures
    The aliens know this

RayRay10 and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@pgabriel this thread is about discussing causes of racism toward black Americans, not Hispanics or racism in general.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

But we as blacks treat racism differently. And that obviously has to do with our history

That being said my point to you is that YOU don't have to spend time giving a damn worrying about what people you don't know think about you

#29 pgabriel, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

"American racism" exists against hispanics

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

It does, for sure. But should it?

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@bobrek

Would you say whites accepted black athletes as much in the 60's as they do now?

If they do now more so does that represent progress? It may not, it may just be dealing with the inevitable or a win at all costs mentality

13. fchowd0311

You didn't read my post if this is a question you present to me after replying to my post.

14. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

My ancestors came to America in the early 1800s and there is no record of slave owning and they were considered “white trash” (still are!). But, the majority of my extended family is racist toward blacks, in a weird way. Like they have black friends, but they do think their friends are inferior. They would never let their kids date black people. And “black culture” is an abomination. I remember when we were all 5 or 6 years old our older cousin gave use corn rows, and his uncle flipped out saying there was no way his kids would look like “n*******”.

Where does that hate come from?

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Poor people have better health care than you. Medicaid/Chip

It's hard to say this in light of the Minneapolis incident but blacks do commit more crime and therefore un into more stressful situations with law enforcement

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

If you want real talk, I'll give you real talk. All respectfully done.

1. Racism is a global phenomenon. It is not limited to the USA.
    2. I would say the root cause of most racism towards blacks is linked to a need for protection. Blacks are viewed by many whites as people who commit crimes. Whites therefore treat blacks as though they are a threat to their safety/property. For city-based police officers, their lives are put at risk on an almost daily basis, and more often than not, it's blacks ages 15-28 that are creating the threat. Statistics bear this out.
    3. People also are very protective of their family and children - especially their daughters. Black males are viewed as less likely to be monogamous and more likely to either never get married or if married, to get divorced. Whites want a strong family structure, with a two-parent home, to ensure the best upbringing for their children. Statistics bear this out.

So if we are talking root causes, I'd say crime, lack of family values, and views towards women.

That's real talk.

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Should?
    I dont know anymore what should is..you tell me.

I know some "white" chicks that cant even date a guy thats last name ends in a vowel. That removes a whole list of greasers "americans"

we haven't even talked about "american" indians since they were all slaughtered...and those poor asian saps err slaves that built the railroads.

Usa history is colorful and ripe with racist stories.. some we might not want to call "american" but they all qualify!

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It comes from what they're taught and a feeling of entitlement in regards to things jobs

Same as racism towards Hispanics. Especially on jobs.

Sorry for the ASSuming

19. fchowd0311

No it really isn't. You are blaming black people for the views of racists which implicitly defends racists.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Just my observations.

It isn’t just white Americans that have racist biases against black Americans. I have heard and observed countless others hold and express extremely racial views. The difference is that white people are disproportionately in positions of authority and power.

I suspect it is a problem for many reasons.