1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who wants to buy a ranch in San Saba, TX?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Buck Turgidson, May 26, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

I've got an uncle in Waring, I'll ask him what provider they use and their opinion of it.

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

This land sale is the reason why there is an active thread with Blues music?

Deckard likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Not really, I'd blame that thread on the bottle of bourbon I tore into last night.

Deckard likes this.
  4. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Please become an ******* developer and sell me 1/10th of it?

I would happily put up with a select 9 other clutchfans for a piece of it

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I could open a Cheetah farm errr sanctuary and take meth and shoot guns.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Gorgeous property.

Really a very bad time to sell real estate. Might be able to keep it in your family a few years with that argument.

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Beautiful property. If I lived in Austin and had a lot more money I would buy it!

JumpMan likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I could be @srrm 's neighbor

If I could get at least 3 acres, but preferably 5. And if you could throw in a 4bed, 2.5bath house with a guest house (the guest house could be a manufactured home).

Keep it all under $400 and we got ourselves a deal!

Buck Turgidson and Sajan like this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

now im getting ads for land in san saba

I saw this ad for bunions and the foot looked pretty bad so I clicked on it and for longest time I was getting all this foot gore in my banners and pop ups

thanks op you saved me

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

damn @Buck Turgidson that sucks. I'm guessing age is a factor in the brothers wanting to sell? seems short sighted and sounds like you learned more from Gramps than his sons did.

Now if I could afford that sweet piece of property i could finally live in my van down by the river...

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

This is probably delving into family issues, so you don't have to answer it or anything, but @Buck Turgidson, why don't your uncles and mom come up with a way to make everyone happy? Like, divide the land into 2/3rds and 1/3rd so that 2/3rds gets sold and the remaining third goes to your mom, who didn't want to sell? Or is it too much of a headache, because it's a helluva lotta land?

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh man. Selling that place, especially now, is just criminal. I couldn't help but think of my grandfather's place not terribly far from Lake Fork, about 5 miles outside of Quitman in Wood County, East Texas. Beautiful pastures, several tanks with catfish, one of them large, and a couple of creeks running through. Almost 200 acres, a decent sized place in that area, with a 3 bedroom wood frame house, storm shelter, well water, barn, corrals, good fencing, the works. Grandpa ran cattle on it until he fell off a ladder repairing a screen door in his mid-'90's (yeah, he was that kind of stubborn, wouldn't hire one of the young guys around there that would have loved the work). The only access was from one of those asphalt roads that wind their way around there. Good hunting, stars by the millions at night.

Felt good to type that. Like you, I have lots of memories of the place. In the late '80's, after my father had died and Grandpa passed away at age 99, my step grandmother and my uncle, Dad's half brother, decided they wanted to sell it. There was a big falling out in the family after Grandpa passed away. A will that "disappeared" and other things. You're lucky you don't have to deal with that, at least. Looks like they're giving your family's spread away, in my opinion.

13. Buck Turgidson

Great Idea! Never thought of it!

Like I said earlier...this cannot work. Look at the map.

I crunched the numbers last week/month: Yep, negative. I can pool together my and my mom's monies....then we're "land rich and cash poor" after throwing out 1+M then we need a mortgage for 500K or so...which means I need a ****ing job again to pay for said mortgage...which defeats the purpose of not having a mortgage or a job in the first place...etc...

You can't make enough money with livestock and annual hunting lease income to make up the difference. I tried to make it work.

eta: I'm very sorry if I said anything that I shouldn't have. We're all still friends, I hope.

#53 Buck Turgidson, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  14. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My family had a 200 acre ranch outside of Caldwell. It was a second home for us. In the early 70s my dad suffered a series of health and business blows that finally killed him. My mom had to sell the ranch to pay off the medical debt. The ranch went for 60,000 which was almost exactly what she owed. Even though, I was very young when all this went down, I still have clear memories of that place and think of it often.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

???

I didn't mean that, should the land be split into thirds, you and/or your mom buy the other 2/3rds. I just thought there was a way to split the land so that 2/3rds could be sold off (appeasing your uncles) and your mom could keep the remaining, "I'm able to actually live on this land" 1/3rd. But as you've said, I think there's only really one part of the land that is "livable?"

Obviously, being land rich and cash poor makes no sense - your mom would have to sell the land after a while, anyway.

eta: gimme some of that land. Then we can be friends again. :)

16. Buck Turgidson

Contract signed at $6500/acre (was ~7K). He may flake out though. Yall have some time to beat his offer!

Interesting trades accepted.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Daryl Morey : Russell Westbrook and a future first round pick

18. Buck Turgidson

Not sure I'de trade an old rusty tractor for Westbrook, but it's interesting nonetheless.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What was the last bid?

$6501 Bob.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

$2,145,000.50!

...and, the deadliest prey

[​IMG]